Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just once each for me. Apart from the ROTJ: SE back in '97 and that was mere happenstance. I had seen it with my family and then a friend wanted to see it.

In the theater I only saw each movie once, but I did see the OT when Lucas "enhanced" it. I was disappointed of course. TFA I saw twice. Will probably see it again in the theater when the next one comes out and they do a twofer.

Holy crap. :lol

I've usually been a one-and-done type of theatre viewer so I did ANH/ESB/ROTJ once each when they showed the special editions. Then TPM and ROTS once each (skipped AOTC as I was turned off by TPM). In hindsight I wish I'd given the prequels an extra theatre viewing each as maybe I would have appreciated certain aspects a bit more.

My theatrical viewings:

TPM - 14 times (once in 3D)
AOTC - 12 times (once in IMAX)
ROTS - 9 times
TFA - 15 times
Hot damn, that's some stamina. I saw TFA twice, once more on blu ray. I'll watch it again when the new films start coming out.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

I reckon I saw SW 3 times
ESB I remember seeing 4 times.
ROTJ I saw twice
TPM I saw 3 times
AotC I saw (prolly) 3 times
RoTS I saw 4 times
TFA I saw 5 times.

Theatrical Viewings

Star Wars (Original): 19 times (I know this because my mother either saved the ticket stub or wrote down the date/time. She rules. :yess: )

Star Wars (SE): 6 times

TESB (Original): 11 times

TESB (SE): 5 times

ROTJ (Original): 8 times

ROTJ (SE): 5 times

TPM: 16 times (Why??????????????????????????????????????? :( )

AOTC: 4 times

ROTS: 3 times

TFA: 8 times

Edit: My all-time theatrically viewed movies are RAIDERS (37 times) and JAWS (29 times). And I keep adding to those tallies thanks to MovieTavern and other places who regularly screen them. In fact, I'll be seeing RAIDERS again on June 6. :rock

If I had the money I'd open a revival theater. I think I could be very happy doing that for the rest of my life.

I actually almost did this back in 2003. In fact, I was even going to lease the same 2 screen theater I saw Star Wars and many other iconic movies at in my childhood (which had since closed, but was still there, unused). Then my main financial investor backed out at the last minute. :( Probably for the best, though. It would have been FUN... but a lot of work, and probably not as financially lucrative as I'd pictured in my mind.

I actually almost did this back in 2003. In fact, I was even going to lease the same 2 screen theater I saw Star Wars and many other iconic movies at in my childhood (which had since closed, but was still there, unused). Then my main financial investor backed out at the last minute. :( Probably for the best, though. It would have been FUN... but a lot of work, and probably not as financially lucrative as I'd pictured in my mind.

Yeah, you'd need a nice cushion to make it work. But I do like to daydream about it every so often. :)

Man, a cinema experience must be so much more special to you guys than it is to me. I've never seen Aliens or T2 in the cinema, 2 of my all-time favourites - but once would do me just fine.

As far as SW theatrical viewings my breakdown is:

Star Wars (original with no "A New Hope"): Once

Star Wars (original but with "Episode IV A New Hope"): Once

Star Wars Special Edition: 4 times

The Empire Strikes Back (Original): Once

The Empire Strikes Back SE: Twice (I was honestly planning on seeing this a dozen times prior to release but was so bothered by how they had mucked with my perfect movie I stopped after two viewings.)

Return of the Jedi (Original): Once

Return of the Jedi SE: Twice

The Phantom Menace (Original): 4 times (which I'm suddenly not that embarrassed about, lol)

The Phantom Menace 3D: Once

Attack of the Clones: 3 times (twice opening weekend and once digitally projected at Mann's Chinese Theater on Memorial Day weekend)

Revenge of the Sith: 5 times

The Force Awakens: 10 times

Back