Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In 47 years of being alive I have never paid to see the same movie 3 times in a theater. Saw it for the 3rd time last night with my brother. Can honestly say I enjoyed it more the 3rd time than the 2nd. Things I complained about on here after watching it the 1st time seem to make much more sense now. Still wish Han would have went out different and Luke would have made his intro a little different. But I enjoyed and understood Reys, Rens, and Finns story lines much more than I did before.

In 47 years of being alive I have never paid to see the same movie 3 times in a theater. Saw it for the 3rd time last night with my brother. Can honestly say I enjoyed it more the 3rd time than the 2nd. Things I complained about on here after watching it the 1st time seem to make much more sense now. Still wish Han would have went out different and Luke would have made his intro a little different. But I enjoyed and understood Reys, Rens, and Finns story lines much more than I did before.

They weren't that hard to understand the first time :lol

That is a good interview. Much more insightful than his typical exchange. Interesting where Mark Hamill said Ford once attacked the Millennium Falcon set with a saw. I'd love to know the rest of that story.

I agree. Good interview, and like you said, HF was much more vocal than normal.

Yeah, one major difference that jumps out to me though, is how much better this film is shot.
I prefer oldschool theatrics of Lucasfilm over shaky action by JarJar Abrams.
That zoom-in during Falcon-TIE chase was sooo out of place... Ugh.

giphy.gif

I also remember a similar shot in AOTC during the Geonosis battle.

Yup. There are some weird, out of place shots on the ground during that cartoon battle. For a new director to do it is fine by me. It's their movie now. I personally wouldn't have gotten rid of the wipes. That seemed like an easy thing to leave in to maintain cohesion between the movies.

George himself acknowledged he told the ILM people to go wild and create cool shots for the Geonosis battle and he would cherry pick favorites to use. One of the places in the PT where he embraced collaboration.

Yup. There are some weird, out of place shots on the ground during that cartoon battle. For a new director to do it is fine by me. It's their movie now. I personally wouldn't have gotten rid of the wipes. That seemed like an easy thing to leave in to maintain cohesion between the movies.

:lol :lol :lol

I missed the use of the word "cartoon" the first time I read it. There are battles in The Clone Wars that work better than the PT films. I'm inclined to think of TCW as an alternate telling of Anakin's story. The acting is certainly better.

Back