Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember walking into Woolworths by myself in '78 while my mom did grocery shopping (yeah, it was a different world, letting a 6 year old go to the store solo wouldn't fly today) and absolutely losing my mind when I saw the Star Wars figures by the register. I did a Jedi Force Run all the way back to the grocery store where my Mom gave me enough money to buy 3 figures. The figures were $1.90 back then, I bought Greedo, Walrusman and a Jawa. I quickly filled out my collection in the coming weeks.

Between the ages of 7 and 11, nearly every toy I received for Christmas or bday were Star Wars related. My favorites were the Millenium Falcon, At-AT and Imperial Troop Transport.

My holy grail was the 12" Boba Fett, that I never found, probably was the catalyst to get me back into toy collecting.

there was a store in my area that had a back room dedicated to toys... Seems like all of them had been opened. It was great to go in there and get to test play with them... The 12" Fett was one of them...

Going back to my memory of the story.. I think why I thought it was two weeks later is because when I got them I had no idea they existed... So I assumed I must have gotten them quickly... But it was a different time and I did not have cable or the internet did not exist :lol

Now that I put pieces together.. I wonder if my parents bought the early bird special.. I had the stand that the original 12 stood on all together... Was that early bird special only or could you get that separate??

there was a store in my area that had a back room dedicated to toys... Seems like all of them had been opened. It was great to go in there and get to test play with them... The 12" Fett was one of them...

Going back to my memory of the story.. I think why I thought it was two weeks later is because when I got them I had no idea they existed... So I assumed I must have gotten them quickly... But it was a different time and I did not have cable or the internet did not exist :lol

Now that I put pieces together.. I wonder if my parents bought the early bird special.. I had the stand that the original 12 stood on all together... Was that early bird special only or could you get that separate??

I think the stand was early bird only. Cool memories though. :duff

One theory based on the art book is that Anakin wasn't fully "good" when he died and goes back and forth in the afterlife. He speaks to Luke as Anakin and Kylo as Vader...

A9Kxafu.gif

There's no way Hayden Christensen will be able to convey both sides convincingly. They might as well get Andy Serkis to do his Gollum character in the next film.

IXVjtkg.gif

I think the stand was early bird only. Cool memories though. :duff

From what I can find out the stand was a proof of purchase mail away..

4342610040_0baebfc4c6_z.jpg

So my parents may have gotten me the figures and mailed away for the stand before they gave me anything... Or maybe I go the stand later.. Either way I had it :)

I remember getting this... It was my first SW vehicle ... It made R2 sounds and other noises from the film. I think "theres one set for stun" was one of the things it said when you pushed the button.

itt-front.jpg

By the way, in the history repeats itself category, my 7 year old daughter, who is now Star Wars crazy by no influence of mine, got her first Star Wars figures for Christmas. She got Kylo Ren and he Flamethrower trooper. Wanted to get her Rey, but ouldnt ind the figure.

I had the same problem. Wanted to get my girl Rey, but could only find the doll that talks from Target. She digs it, though. The little one likes BB-8, and the best I could do was a cup, because I didn't want to spend $80 on whatever BB-8 toy Target was selling.

I actually bought her a Leia/Han 2-pack weeks before Christmas, as previously she was only into Leia, but that changed immediately when she saw how old she was in the new movie :lol

Back