Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm guessing the OT old timer loyalists will end up hating VIII & IX and Rogue One too. That's like what, a 33.33% like rating for Star Wars overall? :dunno :D

What essentially was being a fan of the franchise becomes about being just a fan of only one or two movies.

I'm a HUGE Original Trilogy fan, and don't really care about the Prequels. But with its good and bad, I still like TFA. It is not comparable to OT, but way above PT.

I'm a HUGE Original Trilogy fan, and don't really care about the Prequels. But with its good and bad, I still like TFA. It is not comparable to OT, but way above PT.

I know the OT will always have that special edge to them over other SW movies, well to fans who saw the OT first. Many of the people seeing TFA in 2015/16 may not have even seen any of the OT (I know several) and if they have they might not even hold them in that high regard in all honesty. The fact is the SW movie universe will expand well beyond ten movies come 2020+. Are people still going to be complaining in 2030 that the new SW wasn't like that back in 1977...

I'm guessing the OT old timer loyalists will end up hating VIII & IX and Rogue One too. That's like what, a 33.33% like rating for Star Wars overall? :dunno :D

What essentially was being a fan of the franchise becomes about being just a fan of only one or two movies.

It's a select few ......many old timers thought the movie was fine and look forward to the next installments. I'm no fan of the prequels but I appreciate what they did for the saga officially explaining the missing pieces from the OT. I'm looking forward to the future installments to shed light on the new story unfolding.

I know the OT will always have that special edge to them over other SW movies, well to fans who saw the OT first. Many of the people seeing TFA in 2015/16 may not have even seen any of the OT (I know several) and if they have they might not even hold them in that high regard in all honesty. The fact is the SW movie universe will expand well beyond ten movies come 2020+. Are people still going to be complaining in 2030 that the new SW wasn't like that back in 1977...

Not just that. OT remains the original, and thus everything will be compared to it.

It's a select few ......many old timers thought the movie was fine and look forward to the next installments. I'm no fan of the prequels but I appreciate what they did for the saga officially explaining the missing pieces from the OT. I'm looking forward to the future installments to shed light on the new story unfolding.

Exactly. I also think one of the few good things out of PT was to revive the interest for SW.

I think i'm being fair to the new stuff.

OT created cinematic pop culture.

Spoken lines of dialogue from the OT penetrated deep into society.

The only thing the new ones will be able to brag about are box office numbers.

I'm not expecting any new grounds to be broken with these new ones other than bragging rights for knocking Avatar off the # 1 spot, and that's ok, the new movie was "Star Warsy" enough for me.

I'm now with Khev on this one, i'm not going to get too caught up on helicopter shots and political factions.

I told you i've moved past my anger, the good parts have won me over, sue me. :lol

That being said there is absolutely nothing wrong with discussing the bad parts.

Last edited:

I'm not expecting any new grounds to be broken with these new ones other than bragging rights for knocking Avatar off the # 1 spot, and that's ok, the new movie was "Star Warsy" enough for me.

I'm now with Khev on this one, i'm not going to get too caught up on helicopter shots and political factions.

I told you i've moved past my anger, the good parts have won me over, sue me. :lol

That being said there is absolutely nothing wrong with discussing the bad parts

As long as that is not the only thing discussed. :) On Rebelscum it is insane what the haters of TFA are up to LOL:lol

As long as that is not the only thing discussed. :) On Rebelscum it is insane what the haters of TFA are up to LOL:lol

Discussing the bad is being generous......something as subjective as an opinion on a film turns to a battle of who's right and wrong and the discussion gets tossed out the window so it's easy to imagine what's going on at Rebelscum

Discussing the bad is being generous......something as subjective as an opinion on a film turns to a battle of who's right and wrong and the discussion gets tossed out the window so it's easy to imagine what's going on at Rebelscum

It's even being suggested that the lack of the Like button on Rebelscum might have happened because of hurt feelings of some people posting in TFA threads.:thud: Not sure if it is true or just a forum glitch (I'm with the latter), but I miss that Like feature anyways.

That being said there is absolutely nothing wrong with discussing the bad parts.

This isn't soo much directed at you, Jye, as it is just general: the older you get, the less and less you sweat the small stuff......I used to get soo worked up over a movie, but as this stage of life, I finally get it. It's just 'a movie'

This isn't soo much directed at you, Jye, as it is just general: the older you get, the less and less you sweat the small stuff......I used to get soo worked up over a movie, but as this stage of life, I finally get it. It's just 'a movie'

No way, **** that, I will die for Star Wars! :lol

Crappy Yoda Clone? Where was that?

The short ***** with those goofy glasses.

What a waste of Lupita, who is so stunning and vibrant looking.

Turkey is not only made of white meat you know.

LOL, even EP II?

Dramatic-chipmunk.gif

latest

Back