Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hans death scene was the best part of the movie for me. So dark, so hopeless, so well played by driver god I loved it.

No coming back from that Ben you will now be known as darth.............

Kylo was a nobody, I had no connection to that character so him doing what he did felt empty.

Then the follow up was just very insulting.

I'm past the Han thing. It's over, the character is gone. He was cool enough before it and it was nice seeing him one last time. Atleast Ford played him better than he did in ROTJ. Sure, it might not have been a happy send off and he went out like a gullible chump, but this isn't exactly a happy story.

My biggest gripe is Luke. Luke was proactive. It was his idea to go and rescue Leia in the first one. He abandoned his training to save them from Cloud City. It was his plan to rescue Han from Jabba the Hutt. His friends always came first, in fact, that's what the Emperor tried to use against him. He also believed in his father when Obi-Wan and Yoda did not, and that love led to Vader's redemption. It seems out of character for Luke to leave Han, Leia, Chewbacca and everyone else behind in such bad times. Ok, so he somehow failed with Kylo Ren I guess? So what, thats it? Let your students die in vain and let the bad guys build up their strength putting your friends and family in danger? You were commander Skywalker man! It's literally the situation Yoda and Obi-Wan found themselves in at the end of ROTS. We have to see that same mistake played out again?

Besides, if he wanted to be a hermit and secluded, why would he leave traces like a map and the R2 nonsense when he wants to be left alone? What's the point of bread crumbs if he doesn't want to be bothered?

Last edited:
Break glass for emergency I guess :lol

Commander Bond will step up again.

I'm not shrugging off Han that easy, at least Luke had a bad ass hideout. :lol

Last edited:
I'm gonna say this again like I did when this thread started...to all those that thought they would get another Star Wars film as great as the OT....get that out of your freakin heads folks...there will never be the OT again...you lost from the start if you thought this or any film would be perfect...just enjoy the fact you got StAr Wars...for those that thought Abrams would keep things in check...wtf were you thinking...its Abrams..just look at what changes he did in Star Trek films...cmon man...you guys that got dissapointed did it to yourselves...gonna see this tonight and am gonna enjoy it...no matter what ��...remember this...the studio could give a rats azsz what you think...as long as you buy a movie ticket, or a toy, or a DVD, or etc,etc,etc,...feel bad for you jye ole boy... EOM

True, but it's as much to do with modern times and audiences as it is to do with the original films. The OT was unlike anything ever seen before, whereas today's audiences (and filmmakers, for that matter) have seen (and done) it all.

Hans death scene was the best part of the movie for me. So dark, so hopeless, so well played by driver god I loved it......
Spoiler Spoiler:

True, but it's as much to do with modern times and audiences as it is to do with the original films. The OT was unlike anything ever seen before, whereas today's audiences (and filmmakers, for that matter) have seen (and done) it all.

Exactly- that sums it up . Period!:clap

Spoiler Spoiler:

The extent of their grief was like they got a phone call from an annoying telemarketer. :lol

The extent of their grief was like they got a phone call from an annoying telemarketer. :lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

Exactly...that part didn't seem to fit. Everything else I had zero problem with the way it was handled. The act itself "eeeck" stirred an emotional response at first because it was so cold.....then I realized that was the great part...it stirred an emotion. I wasn't just sitting watching a cgi feast

I am reading all the issues with it...but isn't that the beauty itself. It caused a reaction versus just sitting taking it in

I was expecting

Spoiler Spoiler:

Good, bad, or indifferent; EP VII has us all talking about it! For me, parts of the movie I loved, other parts could have been better...........it was a fun movie overall

I get the feeling I may have been better off having been spoiled on certain things beforehand - to have time in advance to be pissed off about certain things and maybe come to terms with it. Then I could enjoy the good stuff more.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back