Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From everything I have seen so far, Disney has had zero input on the making of this brilliant film. Disney's laissez faire approach of not interfering is very smart. I don't see how they could resist considering this was a 4 billion dollar product investment. Their humility knows no bounds. The thing that I love so far about the Force Awakens is that it seems so bold and innovative. It doesn't seem like a big blockbuster made by a large corporation to move product you know? It's not by the numbers, it's artistic brilliance at it's finest. It feels like a real art house, independent movie where everyone is contributing their A-game and talent to make something special/unforgettable for their audiences to cherish for generations. I'm really hoping this gains Oscar traction after it comes out this holiday season, not just in the best picture and technical categories, but acting and original screenplay too. I think this is truly going to be the film of the century, a game changer.

qAzf1oW.gif

I believe you're wrong my dear spindrift.

From everything I have seen so far, Disney has had zero input on the making of this brilliant film. Disney's laissez faire approach of not interfering is very smart. I don't see how they could resist considering this was a 4 billion dollar product investment. Their humility knows no bounds. The thing that I love so far about the Force Awakens is that it seems so bold and innovative. It doesn't seem like a big blockbuster made by a large corporation to move product you know? It's not by the numbers, it's artistic brilliance at it's finest. It feels like a real art house, independent movie where everyone is contributing their A-game and talent to make something special/unforgettable for their audiences to cherish for generations. I'm really hoping this gains Oscar traction after it comes out this holiday season, not just in the best picture and technical categories, but acting and original screenplay too. I think this is truly going to be the film of the century, a game changer.

You sure do look making long sarcastic remarks don't you? I enjoy reading them at least :lol

Finn doesn't appear to have much of a spine in these trailers. He doesn't behave like a battle-hardened stormtrooper/soldier, more like a scared little kid.

Agreed, but I'm not saying it's going to be a bad thing. I'll wait for it to play out, of course, but Finn definitely seems like he's constantly terrified. Personally, I've always imagined him being the Luke of the new films, and I guess Luke was a little scared and whiny in ANH, right?

I think there will be much to complain about with Finn and the actor and his character for the Star Wars fans. Just making a prediction based on his interviews.

I hadn't thought about this before, but I think you're absolutely right. I could see John Boyega being the "weak link" of the new cast. However I've heard he's a fantastic actor, so time will tell how Finn works out for Boyega.

I Love to hear peoples opinions about something they've said over and over is not exciting to them

:lol I couldn't help to read this in Peter Rosenthal's voice from the Onion :clap:

I don't think Disney is controlling it, I think Lucasfilm is. How much Disney is controlling Lucasfilm is the question.

Note the Disney logo never appears before the trailers, only Lucasfilm. But it's all over the merchandise.

How much free rein do they give Pixar and Marvel?

I'm sure they give notes like every studio. But the way they exhibit their control is by hiring the people they want to write, direct, etc. But the way people still refer to the evil DISNEY controlling people and everyone involved lying about it to protect the conspiracy is cute.

You got it guy! Disney just frowns on every case of action figures and cookie jars that sports the SW name- they sit helplessly....and the Oscar goes to............

I'm sure they give notes like every studio. But the way they exhibit their control is by hiring the people they want to write, direct, etc. But the way people still refer to the evil DISNEY controlling people and everyone involved lying about it to protect the conspiracy is cute.

Robert Iger please go!

Oh and the new Chinese trailer- case closed. There's a Han moment that is just another echo of a moment in ANH....playing safe X 1000

Still gonna eat it up but hope I'm not counting scene after scene I've seen before.

Back