1/6 Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - 1/6th scale Darth Vader 40th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this has definitely had a smaller run than the original 2018 release. It sold out quickly on TBA as well as through the Australian distributor.

Inaccuracies? Please explain before I hit the buy button.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably better to check the original esb vader thread. I guess there were a few problems with the helmet but how much you would actually notice is a different story. If my memory serves it was angle of the tusks, widows peak, though that didnt seem as pronounced on the production piece to me, the prototype was worse, and the lines of the side of the mask dont come down at the exact angle they do on the helmet you see most of the film.

What are people's thoughts on picking this up vs waiting it out on a possible ROTJ figure? I only need one vader in my collection and I'm on the fence!

I'm holding on for the next one, personally. I've got a pretty big backlog, so I don't mind waiting a few years for the definitive Vader. I'll never realistically display him without his mask, but I'd like to have the HS in any case. Besides, I'm only interested in the villains, so I never felt the need to buy a Bespin Luke and ESB Vader to recreate the "I am your father" scene. RotJ Vader will probably have a base related to the Emperor's Throne Room, which will fit with my collection more. Also, this Vader will have a different box, like the old action figures, and not the typical HT one, so there's that to consider as well.

Not happy with the Sideshow Vader you just got I?m guessing since you?re considering getting this guy?

I?m happy with the sideshow Vader actually, it?s just Empire is my favorite Star Wars movie and In my top 5 films of all time. So I base my collection off movies I love. Would like to get a piece of that movie. Unless a bespik Luke releases.

I?m happy with the sideshow Vader actually, it?s just Empire is my favorite Star Wars movie and In my top 5 films of all time. So I base my collection off movies I love. Would like to get a piece of that movie. Unless a bespik Luke releases.

Cool cool totally makes sense. I was just curious. I kinda went in with the assumption on my own SS Vader of changing lots about it but ended up keeping everything but the boots (switched them to HT ESB boots) and changed the ignited lightsaber blade to HT as well.

What would he the best way to wire up the light boxes on this so I can just have them run all the time? Any help would be appreciated

I'm holding on for the next one, personally. I've got a pretty big backlog, so I don't mind waiting a few years for the definitive Vader. I'll never realistically display him without his mask, but I'd like to have the HS in any case. Besides, I'm only interested in the villains, so I never felt the need to buy a Bespin Luke and ESB Vader to recreate the "I am your father" scene. RotJ Vader will probably have a base related to the Emperor's Throne Room, which will fit with my collection more. Also, this Vader will have a different box, like the old action figures, and not the typical HT one, so there's that to consider as well.

Thanks for the thoughts! Yep think I'll follow suit here... I'm maxed out atm on endgame and prequel figures so knowing there'll likely be another Vader for ROTJ's 40th not toooo far away will mean I don't have to sacrifice one of those. + the only OT figure in my collection is Endor Luke (Deluxe) so the ROTJ Vader would be the ideal match :)

Thanks for the thoughts! Yep think I'll follow suit here... I'm maxed out atm on endgame and prequel figures so knowing there'll likely be another Vader for ROTJ's 40th not toooo far away will mean I don't have to sacrifice one of those. + the only OT figure in my collection is Endor Luke (Deluxe) so the ROTJ Vader would be the ideal match :)

Glad I was of assistance!

I missed the first release so I pre-ordered that one. I think the base looks really good and I don't have a Vader yet (crazy I know). Since TESB is my favorite movie, it will be the definitive version of Vader in my 1/6 collection.

Watching Justin's video, it looks like they've changed the cape and tunic material.

The cape and tunic look the same to me but sometimes in video it is hard to make out. I love the figure overall and the box design is really cool. Like how hot toys put an outer sleeve to protect the window box. If i didn't have the original release this would be a must have for me.

Since I got the original release and the "new" version looks like a re-release, I'll pass on this. While the window box is cool, it's not enough to pull me over to double-dipping on the same figure. It is a good opportunity for those who may have missed the first go-around.

And it is a good figure. The best sixth-scale Vader ever? Not quite. There are still things about the SSC deluxe version I like better, like the body proportions. But I'm glad I got the HT version...it is a solid figure and can look great on display:

DARTH VADER.jpg

Hope folks post some shots of the 40th Anniversary release, especially that box.

Ever since I got the quarter scale Vader, all of the 1/6 versions don't really do it for me. There's something about the eyes on this version that seem off.

Ever since I got the quarter scale Vader, all of the 1/6 versions don't really do it for me. There's something about the eyes on this version that seem off.

The helmet on the 1/4 is fantastic. It really has me considering buying my first 1/4

Back