1/6 Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - 1/6th scale Darth Vader 40th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just pre-ordered this from SS! Always wanted to put together a SW Detolf but wanted figures from the OT. Hoping to cobble a decent collection and Luke's father is the start.

Hope they drop the Bespin Luke they teased last year soon.

This seems to be sold out from the HK retailers. Weird, as there seemed to be less interest in this than the Boba Fett, which is still available.

This seems to be sold out from the HK retailers. Weird, as there seemed to be less interest in this than the Boba Fett, which is still available.

That probably means they have closed pre orders and he'll be released soon.

Probably less talk for this one as it's a re-release. And that Boba Fett is probably a figure done like and some don't hence more talk. I personally don't.

In any case, the sooner they release Vader the sooner they can get to an ESB Luke. Be it Snowspeeder or Bespin Luke.

Hopefully Snowspeeder Luke !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That probably means they have closed pre orders and he'll be released soon.

Probably less talk for this one as it's a re-release. And that Boba Fett is probably a figure done like and some don't hence more talk. I personally don't.

In any case, the sooner they release Vader the sooner they can get to an ESB Luke. Be it Snowspeeder or Bespin Luke.

Hopefully Snowspeeder Luke !!!

Could also be the case of another shorter run.

I skipped the original version though so I'm picking this up from Toys Wonderland. Rogue One Vader just doesn't cut it for me.

Either Jango or Snowspeeder Luke have to go up soon I'd imagine though, HT hasn't announced any new figures in the last 3 weeks or so, been super quiet.

They must be preparing a much requested figure, ie neontech black widow.

Could also be the case of another shorter run.

I skipped the original version though so I'm picking this up from Toys Wonderland. Rogue One Vader just doesn't cut it for me.

Either Jango or Snowspeeder Luke have to go up soon I'd imagine though, HT hasn't announced any new figures in the last 3 weeks or so, been super quiet.

Yeah I'd imagine considering it's a re-release they kept the window short.

It was an easy one to release quickly in their 40th Anniversary box.

But they need to move on those 40th figures. The rest of the year will be quickly over and what have they done? Essentially 2 re-releases.

Snowspeeder Luke is actually going up for PO on Toy's Wonderland shortly, according to an email they sent out today!

I have the Sideshow ESB/RotJ Vader, which has nice proportions and the cape drapes wonderfully, but I'm thinking about selling it and switching over to this Hot Toys version. What do people think about Hot Toys vs. Sideshow Vader? I've heard the cape on Hot Toys Vader doesn't look as nice. The Sideshow has weird skinny arms that make the gloves look gigantic which has always bugged me, but otherwise I think it looks great.

I have the Sideshow ESB/RotJ Vader, which has nice proportions and the cape drapes wonderfully, but I'm thinking about selling it and switching over to this Hot Toys version. What do people think about Hot Toys vs. Sideshow Vader? I've heard the cape on Hot Toys Vader doesn't look as nice. The Sideshow has weird skinny arms that make the gloves look gigantic which has always bugged me, but otherwise I think it looks great.

Personally, I would never go with SS 1/6 if there's a HT version available.

Other than the aforementioned problem with the skinny arms, why do you think the HT Vader is better than the SS? How does the cape look in comparison? Hard to tell from pictures.

I had a pre-order for this and also got the email that it won't be available for like 6 months. Based on similar situations with other figures, do they always come through? Has there even been a time when they ended up not delivering?

Thanks.

Back