Star Wars: The Clone Wars 2018

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I’m not saying the assumption that the revival of the show being based on poor reaction to various other media is correct - at the same time the opposite assumption of it being fully developed carries no weight either, as we don’t know when the show is going live as of yet.

To assume that everything has already been created is erroneous - it’s not hard to make a 2min trailer with reused art assets and VO of two lines, especially when it’s CG. Compare that to a live show revival where even a 30 second teaser would require so many moving parts.

As to the release, I wouldn’t be surprised if it coincides with Disney launching its streaming service next year. It would make a good exclusive to garner interest in the service, for folks who need their fix. Rebels would never have had that draw, nor the new Resistance show. And I mean, what else do they have other than those at the moment? (Not including Disney XD stuff of course)

Although I would hope to be wrong and see it sooner than that.

Yeah I was kidding about them really having an entire season done (though for all I know it is.) TCW isn't for me but I'm glad for those who are happy for its revival. It sucks to have a series end prematurely and not get the satisfaction of proper closure.

I simply loved this show, and ironically I also didn't start to really like it until after Season 3 either. They started putting in EU concepts to have them be canon like Black Sun, Maul's return, Savage, etc. I thought it was very childish the first season with too many one shot episodes. We started to get more and better story arcs with the characters really getting fleshed out like Cad Bane, Ashoka (who I hated most of the series until then), Rex, etc. Also story arcs with Maul, General Pong Krell were epic. I rewatch this show on Netflix all the time so I am thrilled. Yet...

Disney are now running it. That scares me as Rebels minus season 2 was bad, boring and safe. Are we going to get the same amounts of deaths, dark story arcs still we had on Cartoon Network? Or more of people shooting Vader and him deflecting it right back into their skull, only for them to get up and shake it off like nothing happened crap?

I am cautiously optimistic about this news, but I feel maybe Disney got the message they screwed the pooch on SW and are now trying to make it right again.

Disney are now running it. That scares me as Rebels minus season 2 was bad, boring and safe. Are we going to get the same amounts of deaths, dark story arcs still we had on Cartoon Network? Or more of people shooting Vader and him deflecting it right back into their skull, only for them to get up and shake it off like nothing happened crap?

I am cautiously optimistic about this news, but I feel maybe Disney got the message they screwed the pooch on SW and are now trying to make it right again.

That is an extremely fair statement and I would agree. It's exciting news to hear that the show is returning but yeah, with Disney at the helm I'm a little worried. It would suck to see this show limp across the finish line after making it's return for a proper wrap up. If Disney backs off and allows Dave Filoni to work his magic then they are on the right track.

Wouldn't it have been in development longer than that?

(To think, I objected to Star Destroyers being shown in the atmosphere in RO, clean forgetting AOTC had done it first!!)

I'm not so sure because Lucasfilms already had like 13 episodes for season six done when Disney bought out Lucasfilms and cancelled Clone Wars... I'm sure the production team already had the scripts done for the rest of season six, so giving the green light probably just meant picking up the old scripts and blowing the dust off of them... That might also be why this new season 7 Is only 12 episodes long... I think in reality they're just finishing up season six..

But it's just a guess...

Dunno . i really really liked Rebels also....

More good SW animation is always welcome.

Not sure why Rebels gets all the hate....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Dunno . i really really liked Rebels also....

More good SW animation is always welcome.

Not sure why Rebels gets all the hate....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

This is just my personal opinion but for me Rebels felt like it's target audience was kids while Clone Wars seem to be aimed at adults given the darker themes and stories...

This is just my personal opinion but for me Rebels felt like it's target audience was kids while Clone Wars seem to be aimed at adults given the darker themes and stories...

You nailed it right there. As I said, Season 2 of Rebels was decent but it was the only semi dark adult season with Vader, Maul and the return of Ahsoka/Rex. The rest of the show was boring and safe, and no question children were the primary audience. Absolutely nothing wrong with that either, you have to build a new generation of fans and I get and even respect that. But you also have to decide if you want the older core fans or the new kids as your target base, and IMO Rebels went for kids as you said.

That is an extremely fair statement and I would agree. It's exciting news to hear that the show is returning but yeah, with Disney at the helm I'm a little worried. It would suck to see this show limp across the finish line after making it's return for a proper wrap up. If Disney backs off and allows Dave Filoni to work his magic then they are on the right track.

Thank you. I agree without Filoni at the helm it will be a train wreck.

Also, I am really semi excited as there are tons of TCW busts or statues I'd love to have so this could be the excuse to get going with that as well!

Lastly, are those your Batman figures? Awesome collection if so!

Rebels was definitely aimed more at the younger generation. But that didn't stop it becoming fairly entertaining in its own right with a few stand out episodes. That said, it never came close to reaching the heights of TCW and I'm really looking forward to this darker series returning.

Rebels was definitely aimed more at the younger generation. But that didn't stop it becoming fairly entertaining in its own right with a few stand out episodes. That said, it never came close to reaching the heights of TCW and I'm really looking forward to this darker series returning.

I agree. Loved TCW! Resistance at first glance(Promo Art) also looks is targeting younger audiences.

Uhm what kind of Disney steaming device though ?

They are releasing their own service with their own movies and shows (think Netflix but if Netflix also only carried their own movies). That's the only rub. I will have to get this on Blu ray someday to see it.

I would think that the biggest advantage this new app will have is never removing any of their content, considering it's all their own stuff anyway. That has always been my biggest complaint about netflix. I would strongly consider getting it if it's under 10 bucks.

I would think that the biggest advantage this new app will have is never removing any of their content, considering it's all their own stuff anyway. That has always been my biggest complaint about netflix. I would strongly consider getting it if it's under 10 bucks.

Not a fan of a ton of Disney media, but I do agree with you 100% on the Netflix removing content thing. It's my biggest beef as well. But I also get the business model of keeping it fresh and rotating in new stock all the time as well. I'm sure it's a balancing act for them. Of course with their own produced shows they are on there for good.

Back