Star Wars Saga (OT/PT/ST) Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks-i-hate-transparent-stormtrooper-armor-v0-eSHp5N2jsum5yQgnTseam2bVSbtrEXS_4fwjD0WpG4Y.jpg
Stealth Armor Stormtrooper

Curious where it was inferred? I’ve never seen anything to back this up.
Around the time TFA came out JJ Abrams said in an interview that he went right to either KK or Iger and pleaded with them to immediately release the theatrical OT but was told something to the effect of there being specific reasons why they couldn't indulge such a request and for him to not pursue it any further.

Most of us who read that interview assumed it was some ironclad stipulation from Lucas that was somehow worked into the conditions of the sale.

Around the time TFA came out JJ Abrams said in an interview that he went right to either KK or Iger and pleaded with them to immediately release the theatrical OT but was told something to the effect of there being specific reasons why they couldn't indulge such a request and for him to not pursue it any further.

Most of us who read that interview assumed it was some ironclad stipulation from Lucas that was somehow worked into the conditions of the sale.

I think its more of a "that's exactly what the fans would want us to do... so we won't" Disney move.

I also wouldn't believe anything that came out of JJ's mouth.

I also wouldn't believe anything that came out of JJ's mouth.
Amazing to think of the difference between the big studio directors who might have directed Star Wars if it was made in the 1950s - say John Ford - and the soft corporate shills like JJ. Is it any wonder we get the movies we get.

I have to point out again just how unique and original STAR WARS was to audiences in 1977.

Imagine trying to create a world that would last for 50 years and more... so those original audiences were really seeing "the future" laid out before them.

Even the very first frame -- the star field -- up to 1977, most sci-fi had mostly empty black space with a few twinkles here and there. Even 2001 had mostly black space. But with Star Wars, the sky was full of stars -- and endless realm of worlds sparkling! Even just that simple thing was a marvel to see...

.. and then of course everything else... back when Star Wars had thought and care behind its ideas come to life.

I'm playing a Sideshow quiz right now that has the star field as its background, so it suddenly occurred to me how unique it was back then.

I have to point out again just how unique and original STAR WARS was to audiences in 1977.

My buddy and I did a rewatch of the OT in the 4K77-83 versions last week.

We discussed the very same thing. Nothing has ever changed cinema like Star Wars did. Nothing.

Pulp Fiction had a huge influence on crime/action/dramas......The Matrix was a big shift in sci-fi/action....LOTR was the new standard in fantasy epic. But none of them were even close to being the revolution that SW was.

Even stuff that's touted to be the next big thing, all the Marvel movies, Avatar....all of that pales in comparison. They're nice and all, but at the end of the day, they're just flashy cartoons.

Star Wars was the real game changer. Never equaled. I can't even imagine HOW a filmmaker could even try to come up with something that could define the medium of cinema the way it did. I guess if someone figures it out, we'll finally have "the next Star Wars".....but it doesn't seem to be coming any time soon.

Back