Star Wars Premium Format Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: re

I need 3PO and R2 in scale with the other premiums. The troopers would also use minimal "mixed media" but they'd have to do a stormtrooper.

Exactly, I want something of very high quality especially if I am only going to collect one line it has to have everything.

Jesse

It's hard to do the droids if your doing MM isn't it. I mean where will the mixed part be. I personally don't mind in the least if Chewie is all polystone with a leather bandoleer. or the droids are all poly and metal like GG. I would just be happy to have statues of this size, detail and quality in my collection. So SS don't get tied up in having to make every piece a MM piece. I would definitely however want the bad guys more. Clone troopers, storm troopers imperial guards, tie fighters, destroyers, and definitely HAVE to have R2 and 3PO.

You hit the nail on the head with this one Jesse. I don't care about the mixed media at all with Chewie and the droids. I just want them in 1/4 scale to match the other pieces.

This is also why I'm staying away from the GG 1/6 stuff. I'm only buying the GG dioramas, which are out of scale with the GG 1/6 statues anyway.

Exactly, the only thing Gentle Giant I have is the Dewback and the Speeder bike on order. The kind of things that SS wont do. Could you imagine how impressive a 1/4 scale 3PO and R2 will be with SS's attention to detail. I have a feeling we will be blown away.

Jesse

I'll chime in again saying that a sculpted Chewie is unacceptable. It just wouldn't fit in the the rest of the line.

Well I will counter point with a sculpted chewie is better then no chewie.

Jesse

I wouldnt want a Chewie either way. I never liked the character. He's only slightly less annoying than Jar Jar Binks to me. Stupid walking carpet...

But on the sculpting point of view, why cant they make a Chewie covered with hair? Perhaps if they sculpted his body and then glue on some locks of hair (which they maybe can harden by some kind of glue or something).

re

I wouldn't want Chewbacca either. Not because it'll look bad, which is a possibility, but because I can't face the prospect of having to comb that coat of his. :lol

I have the Hasblow 1/6 Chewie that has hair and haven't combed it once.

I like the character a lot, but I've always had a problem with statues. I just don't think they look real enough. That's why I prefer the premiums.

I can't really see them doing a Premium for an SDCC exclusive. Maybe an art print or something?

Thats what I was wondering Dave but believe me I'm all for a 1/4 if I am able to get it (that means at retail!ahahah)!

Back