Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi - 1/6th scale Darth Vader™ Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my Deluxe today! it's really awesome. Once again thank you @Kit Chen!

This figure IMO is the best Vader ever made by HT.... BUT at the same time the worst Vader cape HT has ever made! I really hate the cape, its not draping naturally, really thick and freaking hard to futz!

I haven't post pics of my Vader figure because for the love of the Force I can't futz the damn cape.

Last edited:

This figure IMO is the best Vader ever made by HT.... BUT at the same time the worst Vader cape HT has ever made! I really hate the cape, its not draping naturally, really thick and freaking hard to futz!

I haven't post pics of my Vader figure because for the love of the Force I can't futz the damn cape.
Go for either Jaxon or OT for the cape. Jaxon has a wired version as well if you prefer that. Honestly anything will beat the stock cape in terms of draping. Hot Toys made it too thick since they wanted to double layer the battle damage version onto it.

dace8c46687007d269dd070d18089526.jpeg
3l4NeIc.jpeg

I guess I'll find out soon enough, but I wonder if water treating the cape he comes with would help any? I still really like the cape the ANH figure came with as well as the latest Sideshow ROTJ cape

I went with Jaxon personally. I love the drape but his chain is really ugly, I plan to just hide it under the helmet. He was my only real option as I can’t support OT and don’t care much for his capes to begin with, still a good option just not for me.
Same.

Ditto. Now bring on 3PO. Two figures I'm excited about but are also just variants of figures I own already.
I was thinking about that as well. While this Vader is different, I do wonder how I'll feel about it once the newness wears off since I've been pretty happy with my modded ANH figure.

How do you guys swap out these capes? Is it hard? Would consider doing it if I had even the slightest idea how to start without breaking something, or if my standard Vader ever comes in.

Also, for anyone on the fence, I ordered my Jaxon cape from Kit on March 8th and received the invoice April 14th. Was expecting a few months at least so a pleasant surprise, I still have a 3 payments before I even get my figure lol.

Thanks for the update, think I'll go the same path.

I want a wired cape for this Vader, and this cape is crap that they gave us.

Go for either Jaxon or OT for the cape. Jaxon has a wired version as well if you prefer that. Honestly anything will beat the stock cape in terms of draping. Hot Toys made it too thick since they wanted to double layer the battle damage version onto it.
I feel like that would solve the main problem I have with it. It's too heavy due to it being double layered and difficult to drape naturally. I may clip it in the back in a few places to give it more natural looking folds.

Also, for anyone on the fence, I ordered my Jaxon cape from Kit on March 8th and received the invoice April 14th. Was expecting a few months at least so a pleasant surprise, I still have a 3 payments before I even get my figure lol.
Is the stock drape cape really that bad?

Edit: A wired cape would be a good option, any experience with Jaxons wired cape?

Last edited:
Is the stock drape cape really that bad?
It's not terrible but because they stitched two layers of fabric together, you get a thick edge running throughout the whole thing. It sort of falls on the figure like a heavy thick tarp. It's workable if you position it carefully depending on the pose that you do but it wasn't ideal to me. They should have just included two capes with one having the battle damage scar. I think if this was just a single layer and not doubled, it would have worked a lot nicer.

The only way I was able to get some folds out of the stock cape was to position it behind his arm or hand in a way that created folds. Maybe water treating it will do some wonders. This is how the cape naturally sits on the figure:

bc6251624a2e800907652f865a89e2f2.jpeg

It's not terrible but because they stitched two layers of fabric together, you get a thick edge running throughout the whole thing. It sort of falls on the figure like a heavy thick tarp. It's workable if you position it carefully depending on the pose that you do but it wasn't ideal to me. They should have just included two capes with one having the battle damage scar. I think if this was just a single layer and not doubled, it would have worked a lot nicer.

The only way I was able to get some folds out of the stock cape was to position it behind his arm or hand in a way that created folds. Maybe water treating it will do some wonders. This is how the cape naturally sits on the figure:

bc6251624a2e800907652f865a89e2f2.jpeg
Thanks a lot for this in depth answer, much appreciated. 🤝

I give up, I switched the inner robe, armor and the cape back to ANH, drapes much better. Such a shame I love chain and the collar on the new one.
20240417_133919.jpg

Last edited:
Ive been waiting so long for mine, Im at the point of not really excited anymore. At least I have Jack Sparrow to look forward to.

Back