Star Wars marathons

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never watched the entire saga in order. I do watch the OT every once in awhile. For me the PT is OK, Ewan did a fantastic job as Obi-Wan. My main problem is that Anakin was such an unlikeable character that I felt no sense of lose that he turned to the darkside. Padme was a pretty weak charcter too.

i did the 1-6 marathon last year. and it was great.

i am itching to do it again...but, i'm foolishly waiting for the HD version of the entire saga. with enhancements made to EP1, 4-6. no one knows when that'll be...and i'm itching to watch the movies again. argh...what should i do???

I have'nt done this for a few years and have no problem with the 1-6 order. Enjoy ep1 alot myself espicailly the way the film looks at the start.

2 things annoy me, ep1 yoda looking forward the rots digital update and how Jabba just does not look good in ep1 and ep4 compared to ep6.

I'll do it every few years, but usually I'm too busy and I prefer watching new things.

For the most part I don't get bogged down in the inconsistancies other than when Leia tells Luke she remembers her mother...EP 3 kinda ruined that particular line (unless you assume she's talking about mommy Organa which in that case makes Luke asking about her kinda pointless as he was effectively trying to ask "do you know anything about my mother" without telling Leia they're related.)

-How often do you watch them from beginning to end? (please, lets not get into a 4,5,6,1,2,3 Vs. 1,2,3,4,5,6 debate --the question refers to 1,2,3,4,5,6.)

Last time I watched the movies, I went in order. I'm not one to re-watch movies though, so it's usually a couple years between complete viewings of even one of them.

-Do you feel differently (positive or negative) about the Saga as a whole, opposed to the period between 1999 and 2005 when we didn;t have a complete 6 episode Saga?

I definitely think the PT complements the OT nicely. JarJar didn't annoy me that badly, and seeing the ewoks again put it all in perspective. Lucas has always included something in the movies that is kid-friendly. In fact, I thought the PT had more complex characters and plotlines than the OT. I know...blasphemy. I'm hoping to rewatch them again in the very near future since I just DVRd the entire run in HD :-D.

-Do you have trouble accepting (suspending disbelief) when you see Obi-Wan switch actors?

Not really a factor for me

-Do you see character motivations differently now that you've seen the entire Saga?

Yeah, JarJar set in motion a lot of stuff. ;)

-Do you see character motivations differently now that you've seen the entire Saga?

Yeah, JarJar set in motion a lot of stuff. ;)
maybe if padme hadnt helped Jar Jar get his hand unstuck from anakins pod turbine we could have avoided the whole empire thing. think about it.

maybe if padme hadnt helped Jar Jar get his hand unstuck from anakins pod turbine we could have avoided the whole empire thing. think about it.

Haha, seriously. Think about that one, Star Wars diehards. Without JarJar, there'd be no OT! :rotfl

since 1, 2 and 3 came out, the only way to watch sw is in the correct order. every once in a while i pull out the dvds and lock myself in for the weekend. i hate commercials.

Back