Star Wars Life Size busts?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hamill82

Super Freak
Reaction score
I bought my first Star Wars life size bust, the Darth Maul, but what do you think of the rest of the busts like Yoda, Greedo, Emperor, Bossk and Grievous? Which one is your favorite and feel like it`s really worth the money. I got space just for one bust but not yet sure which to get. Yoda looks amazing, but Grievous looks pretty good piece too. Im not sure about Emperor, love the character more than anything, but is it really that amazing?

DSC05426-1.jpg

darthmaul.jpg

MAUL BUST FTW !

Have Maul, Yoda, Gievous and Palpatine here and love all of them.. Ackbar is in pre order here and probably will buy Greedo later. 1:1 bust are awesome for display and for me bigger the item is.. better display are :)

Don't have money for more expensive star wars items so 1:1 are the best quality price for my pocket :)

And I predict for comic con Darth Vader life size bust, because director of sideshow Greg Anzalon said about this," come to the comic con and will be very surprised" He said this information on the last online live chat.

And I predict for comic con Darth Vader life size bust, because director of sideshow Greg Anzalon said about this," come to the comic con and will be very surprised" He said this information on the last online live chat.

I wish you are right, I'd buy that and the Stormie in a second, but not sure if SS has the rights to do this. It is very close to eFX (or Master Replicas) helmets and who knows if LFL allows 2 licenses to be so close.

I would be surprised to see this in all actuality. Originally SSC said back in the beginning they wouldn't do human characters due to likeness restrictions and issues in that scale and even mentioned that Maul and later on the Emperor weren't human but humanoid. They also said that they couldn't do helmeted characters due to the license restriction with Master Replicas (back then) having the license to 1:1. With eFX taking the reins I don't see them being able to do it but I wonder what the restrictions are to 1:2 busts....maybe a Star Wars Legendary Scale Bust line announced at SDCC?

As for the ones released the only one I want is Greedo....when I find a good price I'll nab it.

If you can only buy 1 more, I say Grievous. And if more space becomes available you gotta have Yoda and the Emperor.

Yoda is very nice. Not perfect though. If you compare the puppet in the OT with the bust, it actually looks very different, but it does look like Yoda the character. I'm quite happy with mine and wouldn't sell it.

Greedo is great. I really like it. It's a pretty simple paint job, but it's appropriate. They eyes are great looking, and the spines are impressive. I wouldn't pay anywhere near the list price for it though.

Bossk isn't bad, but I don't actually think it looks that much like the on-screen character, and the sculpted cloth on his outfit doesn't look that great. Also, they left off the orange part of his jumpsuit, which hurts the likeness in my opinion. Again, not bad at all but not a must-have by any means. I'm considering getting rid of mine just because it takes up a lot of room and I'm not really a fan of the character.

These are the only ones I have. I'm sticking with OT stuff and for some reason the emperor doesn't do much for me, so the only other one that I want is Ackbar at the moment.

I've got the Yoda and the Grievous-- I'd love to get my hands on a Maul (and of course the others if I ever had the extra cash and the price was right) but if you liked the Grievous character then I'd highly recommend that bust.

I think a Vader bust could be in the works according to that chat, the difference is its not a 1:1 helmet replica but a 1:1 bust which could allow for sideshow to produce one.

I would wait until after SDCC and see what is released; but going off of what has been put out so far, Yoda wins easily.

I have them all except Bossk, and Yoda is a clear-cut second to Maul.

I think a Vader bust could be in the works according to that chat, the difference is its not a 1:1 helmet replica but a 1:1 bust which could allow for sideshow to produce one.

I wonder how that would work. Would the parts of the mask just be sculpted from polystone? Seems like it would be difficult to get that to look right.

If you can only choose one, it really depends on who you like the most? Me, i like Yoda the most, so i would choose that bust over the others. But for pure awesomeness, i would say Grievous :D

collection2034.jpg

collection076.jpg

collection075.jpg

collection071.jpg

If you can only choose one, it really depends on who you like the most? Me, i like Yoda the most, so i would choose that bust over the others. But for pure awesomeness, i would say Grievous :D

That's the way I often approach my collectables, from the character point of view, but always the likeness and top quality in mind. All of these look good, perhaps best to get them all, but at the moment I like the idea of seeing Emperor & Maul together, for some reason we don't get that many Emperor collectables compared to other characters and I'm a huge fan of the character. I don't believe the Emperor bust itself is very photogenic, for some reason the pale skin against certain lighting makes it look odd, but I'm sure it's extremely impressive live. Yoda is very life like, no doubt about that and Grievous has impressive details

Back