Star Wars General Obi-Wan Kenobi in Clone Armor (8 pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like McGregor to me. Here are some samples to back me up.

_41126943_starwars_ewan300.jpg

Ewan_McGregor_som_Obi_6185c.jpg

558px-Masterobiwan.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I love SSC's headsculpt, but I think it's a bit too wide and there's too much facial hair. BTW, I'm not sculptor, I just sell it. I just don't see Crowe.

russellcrowe_wideweb__430x315.jpg

Russell_Crowe_i_Glad_19691c.jpg

Eric

MisterToyNYC said:
Looks like McGregor to me. Here are some samples to back me up.

_41126943_starwars_ewan300.jpg

Ewan_McGregor_som_Obi_6185c.jpg

558px-Masterobiwan.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I love SSC's headsculpt, but I think it's a bit too wide and there's too much facial hair. BTW, I'm not sculptor, I just sell it. I just don't see Crowe.

russellcrowe_wideweb__430x315.jpg

Russell_Crowe_i_Glad_19691c.jpg

Eric

SO ironic, cause I'm watching Gladiator right now on TNT.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

You guys are too funny!!!

I have a Sideshow Obi-Wan figure, but I just didn't think the head looks like Ewan Mcgregor. The SS headsculpt is too cartoonish.

The Redplanettoys headsculpt has a deadly serious, don't f&*k with me look that I like. Exactly how I picture General Kenobi during the Clone Wars.

I thought about weathering the armor, but found that paint does not stick to the armor well. For example, using my fingers, I can rub the paint around.
I must be missing something here.

I also wanted to emulate the GG statue which has no weathering on the armor. This is pre-battle General Kenobi.

Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone!!! It is VERY MUCH appreciated.

This is the best Star Wars 12" figure forum IMO!!! You guys ROCK!!!:D

decadentdave said:
Nash, are you the same Nash I just replied to over at SSG?

hey, just saw your reply. yup that's me.

Funny, I started off at SSG, then moved here.

Whats up! good to see a fellow SSG'er. I didnt even know you posted there.

haha, yeah i havent run into anyone else on forums with an even remotely similar name to mine :lol

When we start seeing posts by Tycho, Jedi Tricks, and Caesar then we'll have an SSG raiding party!

man, get a room dave and nash :rolleyes: .......:D

...great job Duckgoo. Looks really good. I myself can't come close to what you have done. :chew

I guess that makes me a "sleeper agent" from SirStevesGuide then. :D

Duckgoo, that is an awesome figure. Personally, I don't feel that the SSC headsculpt is cartoonish, and I'm not too crazy about the "Russell Crowe" head either.

BUT...you did an amazing job with the figure and if you like the head that's on it...well, that's all that truly matters. Good work!!

Back