Star Wars: Frames

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazon initially had a pre-order at $90, but now it's $105. I'll wait for it to hit $50-60 and then I'll bite.

I saw the original Frames this weekend at Rancho Obi-Wan. It's huge and impressive (that's what she said), but still grossly overpriced.

Mine is here. I got it for $90 on Amazon, back when it was still eligible for Prime.

It's amazing. The best graphic novel of all time!

If you could post a few pics that would be awesome. :cool:

I don't have any pictures myself yet, but if you look at the Amazon page you can see my review. I'm Noah.

There are some pics online:

url

lucasframes.jpg

And lots of pics here: https://www.anakinweb.com/services/forums/les-actualites--ftmain31849.html#

Here's some quick comparison shots between the original edition and the new ones...

The new ones have three movies in each book, with two shots per page - whereas the original has it's own book per film and a single (much, much larger) shot per page.

Image quality is consistent on both.

(Please excuse the crappy iPhone photos).

photo2_zps8543dc78.jpg

photo_zps0ed405a9.jpg

Last edited:
That is messed up that it isn't Prime eligible.

They raised the free shipping amount to $35. (not that that matters with this product)

Last edited:
It's not eligible for free shipping? Amazon's getting cheap lately.

It's 21 pounds and they TRIPLE-box it. Pre-orders could get free shipping, but Amazon realized how much it was costing them. Remember: they were selling it for $60 less than retail too!

It's 21 pounds and they TRIPLE-box it. Pre-orders could get free shipping, but Amazon realized how much it was costing them. Remember: they were selling it for $60 less than retail too!

I would actually pay for shipping on all art books if they took the time to package them properly. I had to send back my first Making of ROTJ book because it came damaged.

I got it free shipping. But I pre-ordered when it was cheap. and yes they raised the free ship eligibility by $10 bucks. They have to save money somewhere.

This did not come packed properly, but I got lucky it was undamaged. they used those stupid rectangular air bags with the perforation on the long side, only on the top of the book, bottom was flat on cardboard box

I would actually pay for shipping on all art books if they took the time to package them properly. I had to send back my first Making of ROTJ book because it came damaged.

Did you pay retail for the original version or score a deal somewhere?

Was happy to pay the 3K retail (not the 5500 it started off at), but ended up getting a deal - plus I claimed it on tax, so I'm out of pocket about half retail.

The new version is nice, but definitely distracting have two shots per page - and the smaller size loses so much impact. Saying that, those that have never seen the original won't know any difference.

The haters will hate, but for those who get the new ones, you'll be very happy!

Last edited:
Was happy to pay the 3K retail (not the 5500 it started off at), but ended up getting a deal - plus I claimed them on tax, so I'm out of pocket about half retail.

The new version is nice, but definitely distracting have two shots per page - and the smaller size loses so much impact. Saying that, those that have never seen the original won't know any difference.

Exactly. I've never held the LE, so for me this is gorgeous! :)

And $90 with free shipping was a great pre-order price.

Was happy to pay the 3K retail (not the 5500 it started off at), but ended up getting a deal - plus I claimed it on tax, so I'm out of pocket about half retail.

thanks for the info. I may try and track the original one down the road if a really good deal can be had. But, I will be more than happy with my costco version for now : )

Back