Star Wars Fine Art Show-off Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to wait until I have a few hundred in ebay sales from my comic collection, etc. before I take the Russell Walks in for framing. Can't wait to get it up on the wall, but my only mad money for the foreseeable future will be from sales.

My mantra: No credit cards. :D

Going to wait until I have a few hundred in ebay sales from my comic collection, etc. before I take the Russell Walks in for framing. Can't wait to get it up on the wall, but my only mad money for the foreseeable future will be from sales.

My mantra: No credit cards. :D

I live it well.

Got a frame for my Trevas print today! :rock

Yeah, I went Stormy's route and picked up a stock frame. No Matte as I normally prefer, but it will do for now.

A nice commission piece I saw... CLASSIC>

c852cb6bbd668552582c804ab37a77cf-d2xo2p6.jpg

Hey guys, Im new to the sideshow forums, just bought my first Star Wars 12 inch (Obi wan Ep 2). Some fantastic art here, very tempted to look for some of them online myself. I just signed on to be the artist on a Star Wars comic myself which I'm over the moon about so I'll have to put up some of my art here at some stage (Gotta make sure i put it in the correct forum.)

Great stuff guys

I originaly found this art work on this very forum but I can't recal who's
work it is or who originaly posted it. I loved this pic so much that I did
the old right click save.

jabbaslair.jpg

When I was holidaying in Thailand last year, koh Samui to be exact I
took this image along with me on a usb stick and sure enough I found
a local artist who was able to re-create this for me using oil on canvas.
He (the artist) did such a amazing job and it cost me next to nothing.:yess:
Getting the painting framed back home in Australia cost me a hell of
alot more than the painting it self..:thud:

Here is a pic of the finished product taken in the studio of the artist.
It measures 24" high by 59" long

P1020413.jpg

And here is a pic of the artist himself, goes' by the name Ake..Really nice guy too..

P1020412.jpg

And finally framed and on my wall...:yess:

P1020920.jpg

P1020809.jpg

The original artist is Benjamin Carre -- he's French. (Check out this thread on Rebelscum for more of his art.)

I actually tried contacting him a couple of times to see if he would sell prints of that particular Jabba's palace image, but never heard back. They're completely digital, as far as I know. Never occurred to me to ask someone to recreate it. :lol Looks like they did a pretty good job though. Nice size, too.

Back