Star Wars Fine Art Show-off Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Signed Howard Chaykin art originally used at the 1976 Comic-Con and World Con is up for grabs. Limited to 100, the description says 11x14, but I've confirmed it's 16x20. This is a metallix print photograph printed on premium Fujicolor crystal archive digital pearl paper. Pics can't do metallix prints justice.
imageload-4.jpg

https://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=1309278;category_id=336;pcid1=;pcid2= [/quote]

I had the tremendous privilege of holding the original painting in my hands. I don't think any print will ever compare for me.

I don't know if this qualifies as "fine art" or not, but I recently commissioned jpc_art over on the Rebelscum forums to make me a drawing of C-3PO and R2-D2 in his "attack of the cute" super-deformed style. I think he did a fantastic job, and the price was quite reasonable as well.

cute_c3po_r2d2.jpg

cute_c3po_r2d2_framed.jpg

I had the tremendous privilege of holding the original painting in my hands. I don't think any print will ever compare for me.

The original!?! Wow! How did that happen? This has always been one of my favorites. I was never able to get the print 1st time around, so I'm very excited about this one and also having it signed is a big plus.

Nice commission icruise!

The original!?! Wow! How did that happen? This has always been one of my favorites. I was never able to get the print 1st time around, so I'm very excited about this one and also having it signed is a big plus.

I was visiting the person that had purchased it; and they were showing us their art collection. It had not been framed yet, and before I could help myself I had it in my greedy little hands.

Hi, Everyone!

I just wanted to take a second and introduce myself to those of you I don't already know - I'm Russell Walks, and I'm an artist and writer working primarily in licensed properties.

I'm a huge science-fiction/pop culture fan, and I've been lucky enough to do a ton of sci-fi related work over the years, lots of it Indy and SW related.

Last summer, for instance, I did all of the food-related Indy work - everything from Cheez-its to Frosted Flakes to Dr. Pepper. (Odds are, if you walked through a grocery store last summer, you saw my stuff.)

Most recently, I did the Key Art, wrote and illustrated a six card subset, and the drew the chrome parallels for Topps' SW: Galaxy 4 series (coming to a store near you in February!), as well as the variant cover for Wildstorm's X-Files comic. (If you're interested in looking at the Topps work, you can check out an article about the subset here: https://www.starwars.com/vault/collecting/topps/20081215.html

I'm currently working on a series of licensed "Retro" Star Wars posters, and since the first one has recently become available, I thought I'd post it for your review:

60strendsfinalsmall.jpg

It's $30.00 shipped, and is currently available only through me, although I imagine that there will be something in place shortly with starwars.com. If you're interested, just drop me an email or pm, and I'll let you know the paypal address to which you can send your payment. (email: [email protected])

Thanks for looking, folks!

WHOO HOO! I got my tracking number today! :chew

Clone Wars micro-series 1-of-1 animation cel.
CW-cel.jpg

Asajj Ventress enraged, Count Dooku having a relaxing little saber match and a rare appearance by Darth Sidious.
-theropod

Did it look like this? If so, it's by Sanda as well.
l7.jpg
I just picked this up in poster form at Wal-Mart for......wait for it........$5! :lol I know it's not an original or anything, but I couldn't pass it up for that price, and the picture quality looks really good. I got myself a frame for it and I have it up on my wall now behind my Anakin and Slave Leia PF's. :D Only main difference is instead of it saying 20th Anniversary at the top, it says Star Wars.

Ummm, I hope I'm not in trouble. No I'm not a member of the 501st, but I am a helmet freak. Can't get enough of them. Re the 501st, maybe one day, but I can't decide if I want to put my effort into trooper armor or into building an R2 unit. Not to mention, I have zero skills in putting together either. Here's Vader:
mrv.jpg

Kevin, your frame jobs are amazing! They really bring out the prints you have. Please share with us you framing ideas. Truly outstanding! The Ryan Church piece you have is one of my favorites (high on my wish list). I really like his Geonosis piece with Windu. Finally, you have to give us some info on these 2 great pieces?

That's Dorman's print from Celebration Europe. He has it on ebay from time to time. I'm sure he'd do a free remark for you as well if you asked.

how much can cost Vader paint?

Back