Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know what they say about stuff that sounds too good to be true....

A lot of SW fans would love nothing more than KK getting boot and the DT to no longer exist. But it just sounds like fanboy wankery to me. I can't possibly see any way Disney would "disavow" the movies they put all that money in to. It'll never happen. They'll remain hated and unpopular, but "canon."

Besides....it's too late to fix anything. Carrie Fisher's dead and Ford will never come back and Hamill is almost a decade older than he was when all this nonsense with Disney started.

I could see Disney strategically avoiding the more controversial things about their trilogy, for example, there's simply no need to tie it in to The Mandalorian in any way, but I could never see them outright stating "oh they didn't happen." That's ridiculous.

As much as I wish they would, I seriously doubt Disney will retcon the ST after they spent so much time and effort on it. IMO the Skywalker era is now relegated to DisneyPlus and any new cinematic releases will explore a new era like The Old Republic.

ST will not be an alternate reality, Star Wars Land at Disneyland is mainly ST, at least as far as the rides go- they did say that OT stuff will be phased in as time goes on - as such they are not going to relegate it to "maybe this did or did not happen." While not a fan of ST - things I like, things I don't - the last thing we need is for fans; especially SW fans, to think that if they whine enough they can get whatever they want (the Snyder cut is already the beginnings of a slippery slope.) Look, those of us who are older had to live through the PT, now you youngins will have to live through the ST. Nut up and move on, bad movies happen, but they do not have the ability to destroy childhoods, sleep with your wife or kick your dog :lol....

I personally think it's time for new stories, honestly as it stands now SW feels too small and incestuous. Open up the galaxy or examine different time periods. I know there are many that have no interest in SW outside of the core characters but I've been watching, reading, and playing those things my entire life, I need something new. Looks like I'm in the minority on that one though....

ST will not be an alternate reality, Star Wars Land at Disneyland is mainly ST, at least as far as the rides go- they did say that OT stuff will be phased in as time goes on - as such they are not going to relegate it to "maybe this did or did not happen." While not a fan of ST - things I like, things I don't - the last thing we need is for fans; especially SW fans, to think that if they whine enough they can get whatever they want (the Snyder cut is already the beginnings of a slippery slope.) Look, those of us who are older had to live through the PT, now you youngins will have to live through the ST. Nut up and move on, bad movies happen, but they do not have the ability to destroy childhoods, sleep with your wife or kick your dog :lol....

I personally think it's time for new stories, honestly as it stands now SW feels too small and incestuous. Open up the galaxy or examine different time periods. I know there are many that have no interest in SW outside of the core characters but I've been watching, reading, and playing those things my entire life, I need something new. Looks like I'm in the minority on that one though....

Nice to be reminded that some people can dislike the ST without succumbing to full derangement. :duff

tj4HUIj.gif

Epic post is epic

While i?m a sucker for OT era you are not wrong.

Nice to be reminded that some people can dislike the ST without succumbing to full derangement. :duff

Doomcock now

bd5b6bf1e759fd7222d8425fefedee64.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha! I guess that just comes with getting older and not having the energy to come unglued at a bad movie. I realize that I can just not watch it again if I dislike it. A simple but elegant solution.

:lol

Epic post is epic

While i?m a sucker for OT era you are not wrong.

I love the OT as well and will continue to watch anything associated with it, but SW needs new blood for sure. Why can't we have both? :duff

Nah it?s ok to be vocal about what u dislike. It helps improvement. If people aren?t vocal about things we would of gotten teeth sonic for the sonic movie. So it?s fine for Star Wars fans to whine about this cause like it or not it damaged the brand immensely. And yes I can definitely see it being retconned. The three fanboys can?t see it and that?s ok but I honestly don?t think we will revisit this again. And like 20 to 30 yrs later they will reboot the ST with new stuff like Luke?s son.
Who knows. But it?s good to voice your displeasure and not just consume product and say it?s the OT so I?ll give it a pass. Not listening to fan feedback is why we have the transformers films

But I agree tho we need new and different stories and not just that tired rebels vs stormtrooper story

The only pt movie worth Embracing is sith, the only st movie thats passable is TFA- it went to **** fast after that

Phantom menace is more like a music video to me only the darth maul scense are worth watching. I fast forward thru most of it, atoc is complete trash even the end fight with yoda sucked. Forget about Tlj and rise they are both terrible although not quite as bad as ph and atoc. Clone wars is way better than both of those prequels and the st for the most part. It feels like star wars and stories are decent if atoc actually included more of anakins story that we see in clone wars it would have been way better. Nothing happens in atoc cept for hayden whining and staring at padma like a creep

We are so not on the same page with non OT movies :lol

I like TPM, Hate AOTC, and think ROTS is OK at best. Hated TFA and TLJ when they first came out but liked TROS which helped me like TFA a little more.. Still pretty much hate most of TLJ.

And my reaction to that will always look something like this

View attachment 488996

:lol :lol :lol

I cant help it.. It was fun and reminded me of how I felt when I watched the OT as a kid.

I mean idk you would say that. But wait you don?t like TLJ?

Dude you know that right?? I mean I cant tell if you are serious or making fun of me because I always say that. I disliked TFA and Despised TLJ when they came out.

I am not a ST "fan". I came to accept it because TROS was very enjoyable to me. It fixed some of my major issues TFA and ignored some of the dumb things I hated about TLJ.

I can now enjoy TFA for what it is... Enjoy the Luke moments and some of the Kylo/Rey moments of TLJ (and that's pretty much it). It also helped me accept the PT as canon.

A lot of SW fans would love nothing more than KK getting boot and the DT to no longer exist. But it just sounds like fanboy wankery to me.

Yep... That's what it sounds like to me also.

Look, those of us who are older had to live through the PT, now you youngins will have to live through the ST. Nut up and move on, bad movies happen, but they do not have the ability to destroy childhoods, sleep with your wife or kick your dog :lol....

Kablam!!!

Nah it?s ok to be vocal about what u dislike. It helps improvement. If people aren?t vocal about things we would of gotten teeth sonic for the sonic movie. So it?s fine for Star Wars fans to whine about this cause like it or not it damaged the brand immensely. And yes I can definitely see it being retconned. The three fanboys can?t see it and that?s ok but I honestly don?t think we will revisit this again. And like 20 to 30 yrs later they will reboot the ST with new stuff like Luke?s son.
Who knows. But it?s good to voice your displeasure and not just consume product and say it?s the OT so I?ll give it a pass. Not listening to fan feedback is why we have the transformers films

But I agree tho we need new and different stories and not just that tired rebels vs stormtrooper story

Oh I don't know.. It was all the bitching about the PT that gave us how TFA was made and all the complaining about TFA being too much like ANH gave us TLJ and all of that complaining gave us TROS...

Wait maybe it is good when fans complain. ;) :lol

Oh I don't know.. It was all the bitching about the PT that gave us how TFA was made and all the complaining about TFA being too much like ANH gave us TLJ and all of that complaining gave us TROS...

Yep, the bitching about Mary Sue Rey and TLJ allowed them to course correct both issues and give me exactly the Episode IX that I wanted. All hail Doomcock and those suffering from STDS. :yess:

lol

We are so not on the same page with non OT movies :lol

I like TPM, Hate AOTC, and think ROTS is OK at best. Hated TFA and TLJ when they first came out but liked TROS which helped me like TFA a little more.. Still pretty much hate most of TLJ.

:lol :lol :lol

I cant help it.. It was fun and reminded me of how I felt when I watched the OT as a kid.

Dude you know that right?? I mean I cant tell if you are serious or making fun of me because I always say that. I disliked TFA and Despised TLJ when they came out.

I am not a ST "fan". I came to accept it because TROS was very enjoyable to me. It fixed some of my major issues TFA and ignored some of the dumb things I hated about TLJ.

I can now enjoy TFA for what it is... Enjoy the Luke moments and some of the Kylo/Rey moments of TLJ (and that's pretty much it). It also helped me accept the PT as canon.

Yep... That's what it sounds like to me also.

Kablam!!!

Idk jaws you said TROS fixed everything so I honestly thought TLJ was good to you now

Two days later and I'm still loling at this post. :lol

lol

Khev you want to know just how delusional the doomcock cult is.

They are so delusional that they actually believe Disney would just throw out into the trash Carrie Fishers last movie as freaking Leia! :slap

As if Hamill, Ford AND Lucas would even allow that to happen.

Release the doomcock cut just ain?t happening.

Some people just talk without any thought put into anything they vomit out.

Fools lol

Idk jaws you said TROS fixed everything so I honestly thought TLJ was good to you now

TLJ is the worst star wars movie ever made especially if you consider it as part of the skywaker story, its not a “bad movie” per say but for star wars and continuity its just plain bad. Atoc doesnt **** on the ot or star wars in gerneral, it feels like star wars but its just a terrible movie. Only reason i give the edge to tlj is cause its better Executed then Atoc as a movie (but if you ask me which is a better star wars skywalker lineage movie id say atoc). Phantom menace is just to much politics nobody cares about, the pod race itself consumes like 20 minutes of the movie if you enjoyed that i can see how like it. The rest of it outside the maul parts was just too kid friendly almost like a carton, i felt like it made a joke of star wars. Sith has flaws but its the only prequel movie that has great replay value for me, i can watch sith anytime and still enjoy it. None of the st movies have replay value for me, tfa was the only one but the following movies killed it. I enjoyed rise at first in the theater but man it was hard to watch the 2nd time in 4k. I must have smoked too much weed before the movie showing lol. I still like the duel on the wreckage though, its one of the best lightsaber battles in all of the movies. That scene has great replay value for me, and maybe the ending when we hear the voices of jedi past. The rest of it though is a huge disappointment

ST will not be an alternate reality, Star Wars Land at Disneyland is mainly ST at least as far as the rides go- they did say that OT stuff will be phased in as time goes on - as such they are not going to relegate it to "maybe this did or did not happen." While not a fan of ST - things I like, things I don't - the last thing we need is for fans; especially SW fans, to think that if they whine enough they can get whatever they want (the Snyder cut is already the beginnings of a slippery slope.) Look, those of us who are older had to live through the PT, now you youngins will have to live through the ST. Nut up and move on, bad movies happen, but they do not have the ability to destroy childhoods, sleep with your wife or kick your dog :lol....

Star wars land (eg the blackspire) has been a complete and utter failure for disney mainly because it was based on the ST (nobody cares) sure they are going to incorporate some ot stuff cause they made a huge mistake not basing it on the OT to begin with. 10 years from now it will be all ot, they will completely replace the st stuff with OT, it will get updated just like they do with other rides and lands in the park.

Again its pretty easy for them to erase the ST from skywalker continuity and contain it as an elseworlds story about what if the emperor didnt die on the death star and went thru the mirror sort of thing. The only difference being in the real timeline another person is there preventing him for entering the portal then none of the st happened in the real current skywalker timeline. Its not that difficult to comprehend, especially considering Palps had to use world between worlds in order to survive the death star explosion for him to even exist in tfa, tlj or Rise. Otherwise the premise of the st is completely bonkers, you cannot clone anyone who exploded in a million pieces, how could he even have escaped, if not for using the world between worlds time space portal mcguffin to begin with.

Its not a coincidence the seeds for the concept were planted on rebels before the st came out. Its their explanation for how palps survived the death star explosion to begin with. In the same episode palps found one of the mirrors on Lothal and tried to enter it both ezra and ahsoka stopped him from entering by destroying the doorway from the inside.

I always liked all the Luke Parts and some of the Kylo / Rey parts... I pretty much hate the rest of the film... I think when I was doing reviewing each film a few pages back as I watched them all in 4K I gave that one the 1st or 2nd worst rating.

I actually enjoyed TFA the last time I watched it. That is all due to TROS. That was the 4th or 5th time I watched it and it was the first time I enjoyed it. Knowing how Han's Death effected and ultimately was the beginning of the redemption of Ben Solo made the scene
much more impactful to me. Mary Sue issues no longer bothered me either. Plus after watching ROTJ before it was fun to see Harrison Ford give a crap about his performance in TFA
:)

TROS gave me a satisfying ending to Ben Solo's story as well as Rey's. It was not a perfect film but I had fun with it and that too me is what SW WAS all about with the OT.. Having some fun in a Galaxy far far Away.

TLJ is the worst star wars movie ever made especially if you consider it as part of the skywaker story, its not a “bad movie” per say but for star wars and continuity its just plain bad. Atoc doesnt **** on the ot or star wars in gerneral, it feels like star wars but its just a terrible movie. Only reason i give the edge to tlj is cause its better Executed then Atoc as a movie (but if you ask me which is a better star wars skywalker lineage movie id say atoc). Phantom menace is just to much politics nobody cares about, the pod race itself consumes like 20 minutes of the movie if you enjoyed that i can see how like it. The rest of it outside the maul parts was just too kid friendly almost like a carton, i felt like it made a joke of star wars. Sith has flaws but its the only prequel movie that has great replay value for me, i can watch sith anytime and still enjoy it. None of the st movies have replay value for me, tfa was the only one but the following movies killed it. I enjoyed rise at first in the theater but man it was hard to watch the 2nd time in 4k. I must have smoked too much weed before the movie showing lol. I still like the duel on the wreckage though, its one of the best lightsaber battles in all of the movies. That scene has great replay value for me, and maybe the ending when we hear the voices of jedi past. The rest of it though is a huge disappointment

I like the Skywalker part.. I think because Hamill was so good in the role. He really did a great job for someone who was unhappy with the direction of the character. It was not the direction I would have chose for him but I thought it was interesting nonetheless.

Star wars land (eg the blackspire) has been a complete and utter failure for disney mainly because it was based on the ST (nobody cares) sure they are going to incorporate some ot stuff cause they made a huge mistake not basing it on the OT to begin with. 10 years from now it will be all ot, they will completely replace the st stuff with OT, it will get updated just like they do with other rides and lands in the park.

I don't think it helped that when it opened there were no rides... Friend of mine at work went before the hole Covid thing and main ride was open (don't recall the name) and he said the whole star Wars park was packed.

Having said all that.. I have no interest in going. I think it is a dumb move to make it all PT focused. Dumb freaking move by Disney. Should have had different sections based on the different trilogies. Dumb dumb dumb!

I always liked all the Luke Parts and some of the Kylo / Rey parts... I pretty much hate the rest of the film... I think when I was doing reviewing each film a few pages back as I watched them all in 4K I gave that one the 1st or 2nd worst rating.

I actually enjoyed TFA the last time I watched it. That is all due to TROS. That was the 4th or 5th time I watched it and it was the first time I enjoyed it. Knowing how Han's Death effected and ultimately was the beginning of the redemption of Ben Solo made the scene
much more impactful to me. Mary Sue issues no longer bothered me either. Plus after watching ROTJ before it was fun to see Harrison Ford give a crap about his performance in TFA
:)

TROS gave me a satisfying ending to Ben Solo's story as well as Rey's. It was not a perfect film but I had fun with it and that too me is what SW WAS all about with the OT.. Having some fun in a Galaxy far far Away.

I like the Skywalker part.. I think because Hamill was so good in the role. He really did a great job for someone who was unhappy with the direction of the character. It was not the direction I would have chose for him but I thought it was interesting nonetheless.

I don't think it helped that when it opened there were no rides... Friend of mine at work went before the hole Covid thing and main ride was open (don't recall the name) and he said the whole star Wars park was packed.

Having said all that.. I have no interest in going. I think it is a dumb move to make it all PT focused. Dumb freaking move by Disney. Should have had different sections based on the different trilogies. Dumb dumb dumb!

I was there like a month after its opening, the best parts were the life size scale replica Falcon, the shop with all the ot and pt lightsabers and memorabilia and the cantina. The cantina was a close apporximate to the one in tatoonie with some st addons. It wouldnt take much to turn that thing into a full on ot cantina. The falcon ride itself would have been much better again if it was ot based but it wasnt they use Hondu so it took place some time during or after rebels. I have to admit walking through the falcon and waiting in the lounge room with the star wars chest board game (sorry the name escapes me) was awesome, probably better than the ride itself. Ive never thought waiting in a line could be enjoyable but the walkthrough was simply amazing so do not fast pass that ride. The new ride is full on st and it sucks because of that, as a coaster ride its fine but if it was like a death star dash set in return or star wars damn it would be epic

The best disney themed star wars coaster ride (non star tours) is actually hyperspace mountain. The star wars update they did to the ride is fantastic, i rode it so many times (star tours too but my wife gets motion sickness on it). But of course neither of those rides are even in the spire, they reside in good ole fantasy land

Oh, it will be. PT made tons and tons of cash. Star Wars was at its financial peak mid and post PT. Record highs in merch sales. Toys, video games, comics, books, etc....

Meanwhile the ST STRUGGLES to sell anything. Absolutely trash sales compared to the PT.

Fans being vocal and not buying anything are clear indication that the ST will not have the staying power of the OT or PT.

And Galaxy Edge can easily be re-branded.

It would be nice to be reminded that some people can like the ST without succumbing to full derangement.

The three ST fans can?t admit that the only ?fabnboy wankery? going on is in this thread :lol

lol

Khev you want to know just how delusional the doomcock cult is.

They are so delusional that they actually believe Disney would just throw out into the trash Carrie Fishers last movie as freaking Leia! :slap

As if Hamill, Ford AND Lucas would even allow that to happen.

Release the doomcock cut just ain?t happening.

Some people just talk without any thought put into anything they vomit out.

Fools lol

Disney was so delusional to make utter trash be Carrie?s final films, so, if anything, they would be honoring her by burning those mistakes away.

And Mark would be GLAD the ST is gone. Same with George. They hated it.

And Harrison would come back, just put a few more zeroes in the check.

ST is in trouble. DC has been right about his leaks. Same source as the one who leaked him the plot of TROS.

Back