Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If TROS flat out sucks I will commence operation burn the ST blurays on youtube and then hail ironwez as my one and only true master with ROTS being my favorite SW movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who cares, the final lightsaber battle in force awakens is goddamn gorgeous. The trees falling down in the snow. Never would have thought of that if I was in charge. And if you?ve seen the 3D Blu-ray, god damnnnnnnnnnn

It's literally beat-for-beat the same sequence as Luke surrendering to Palps in ROTJ - even some of the dialog is the same.

Firstly, it's visually exactly the same as the battle of Hoth - visually "snow" planet, Imperials arrive after discovering where the rebels are hiding, trenches with rebels, wall of walkers, large rebel base with huge door, rebels take on walkers in small converted speeders, super-energy weapon (just swapped from rebel ion cannon to Imperials "door-buster") snowtroopers follow black-clad helmeted villain in to search the base after the battle..... etc

Second, there is no battle on Crait.:dunno Neither the brief/abandoned "attack" on the walkers using the speeders, nor Kylo dancing around Luke's apparition even come close to qualifying as an actual "battle."

As stated above, there was no fight. Luke creates a holographic ruse - so it's a fake-out the entire time. Maybe he humiliates Kylo with a clever trick, but it's not a "fight."

Seriously - if I challenge you to a fight, and you show up and take swings at what you think is me until you are exhausted and slip onto the floor - then it becomes clear I was using mirrors to create a 3D image of myself and was never really there, did we "fight" in your mind?

Maybe I outsmarted you, or made fun of you, but we didn't "fight." Right?:dunno

But it's a force power that's dogged by so many questions that nobody officially or even on here can adequately explain it: the need for silly mental gymnastics and Leland Chee-isms to explain why no one ever used the power before, or even the BASICS of the rules; like what actually kills Luke (too much time spent doing it, or just doing it at all.)

It's that incredible murkiness that totally unravels any coolness this "new force power" might have generated, and yes, it could have been cool.

You can see that even the LFL "gurus" like Pablo Hidlago and Chee have been unable to come up with a scenario of what actually killed Luke (hint: the "too much time he spent doing it" makes no sense at all because of what Luke does in the sequence, even though that's what LFL seems to have settled on)

Because it's the only way to make the "fights" have some feeling of drama or importance - what's actually going on lacks all of that. They are both "fanboy" types (Rey for OT heroes, Kylo for OT villians) and there is never a shred of doubt that Rey won't even be injured and will prevail - because she can do anything. So you have to place these "duels" in a visually arresting context.

True but she got her arm sliced by the guard in TLJ but yeah you?re right , didn?t even phase her :lol

Who cares, the final lightsaber battle in force awakens is goddamn gorgeous. The trees falling down in the snow. Never would have thought of that if I was in charge. And if you?ve seen the 3D Blu-ray, god damnnnnnnnnnn

:rotfl yeah got to admit the snow battle was pretty creative , especially with Rey swinging the saber and lashing at branches while she was dodging Ren was pretty wild

Going through the thread, I can tell more people are down on TROS after TLJ, but I think it has a chance to surprise people.
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

After TLJ, I have no hope and sadly no excitement. I actually very much enjoyed TFA despite most people's disappointment. It would be nice to be surprised in a positive way.

It’s interesting that the cast has already said this is the final this cast will be doing these films.

You’d think these films saved a lot of their careers despite what people think of the actors . I was shocked they don’t want to do more

I mean do they really think they can do better projects than SW :cuckoo:

The fandom scrutiny has not been fun for this cast. They probably look forward to lower profile work.
At least until the money dries up.

The fandom scrutiny has not been fun for this cast. They probably look forward to lower profile work.
At least until the money dries up.

3ioooo.jpg

:lol

My favorite Finn meme was the gif from Maz’ castle attack but when he says “that’s one hell of a pilot” it says “that’s my boyfriend!”

All the whiny ones- EVERY one of you will see this and give Mouse more bucks. You might use excuses like the tried-and-true" my friend/wife/cousin dragged me to it" but you will be there

Not everyone will...If I see it,I will see it for FREE

:lol

My favorite Finn meme was the gif from Maz’ castle attack but when he says “that’s one hell of a pilot” it says “that’s my boyfriend!”

Prepare to be disappointed... My money's on pan-Lando to be the "other" in TROS that JJ hints at in this interview.:monkey3 Poor BDW comes out of retirement and... bam!:lol

018EFBF.png

Striking a lightsaber into the hearts of “Star Wars” fans, it appears that a romance between Poe Dameron (Oscar Isaac) and Finn (John Boyega) will not materialize in “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.”

But that does not necessarily mean there won’t be any LGBTQ representation in the final film in the Skywalker saga, either.

The “Star Wars” fan community latched onto the notion of a romantic connection between Finn and Poe almost immediately after the premiere of “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” in 2015, ‘shipping the characters with hashtags like “FinnPoe” and “Stormpilot.”

Speaking with Variety at the “Rise of Skywalker” press junket on Tuesday, however, Isaac expressed regret that the “natural chemistry” between Poe and Finn in “The Force Awakens” was not explored in an overtly romantic way in “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” — and wouldn’t be in “The Rise of Skywalker.”

“Personally, I kind of hoped and wished that maybe that would’ve been taken further in the other films, but I don’t have control,” Isaac said. “It seemed like a natural progression, but sadly enough it’s a time when people are too afraid, I think, of… I don’t know what.”

Isaac noted that the “ambiguity” of the characters’ relationship might allow more people to see themselves in the characters. “But if they would’ve been boyfriends, that would have been fun.”

Though he was less definitive than Isaac, Boyega also noted the lack of a clear romantic connection between Finn and Poe in “The Rise of Skywalker” while speaking with Variety.

“They’ve always had a quite loving and open relationship in which it wouldn’t be too weird if it went beyond it,” Boyega said. “But at the same time, they are just platonic at the moment.”

Even “The Rise of Skywalker” director J.J. Abrams — famously circumspect about revealing anything about his films in advance — cast some doubt on FinnPoe coming to life in his film.

“That relationship to me is a far deeper one than a romantic one,” Abrams told Variety. “It is a deep bond that these two have, not just because of the trial by fire in which they met, but also because of their willingness to be as intimate as they are, as afraid as they, as unsure as they are, and still be bold, and still be daring and brave.”

While this would appear to foreclose the possibility of an obvious Finn and Poe romance, Abrams still left the door open to a different form of LGBTQ representation in his film. The filmmaker noted that he’s always strived to find a cast for “Star Wars” that “looked more the way the world looks than not.”

“And in the case of the LGBTQ community, it was important to me that people who go to see this movie feel that they’re being represented in the film,” Abrams said.

So without spoiling the film, Variety asked, does that mean there will be a queer character in “The Rise of Skywalker”?

“I will say I’m giving away nothing about what happens in the movie,” Abrams replied with a smile. “But I did just say what I just said.”

Who cares, the final lightsaber battle in force awakens is gorgeous. The trees falling down in the snow. Never would have thought of that if I was in charge. And if you?ve seen the 3D Blu-ray,

Whatever..It will NEVER top the lightsaber battle IN ESB between Luke and Vader

Whatever..It will NEVER top the lightsaber battle IN ESB between Luke and Vader

I will say that the trees falling in the snow was one of the more memorable moments in TFA for me. I too thought "I never would have thought of that" when the trees fell - then remembered I was supposed to be focused on the lightsaber duel.:dunno

Yeah, I read that F + P does not equal Jon Snow.

Whatever.

I don’t even know what I’m supposed to be anticipating.

Rey defeating Kylo for the third time?

Kylo killing a paternal figure for a third time?

It doesn’t even look like anybody has a new haircut. :dunno

I guess the FO, whatever they are exactly, will be replaced by another useless Republic. Which apparently no one in the galaxy cares about outside of Leia zealots.

But there’s new space horses.

And...no Khan for real this time?

Prepare to be disappointed... My money's on pan-Lando to be the "other" in TROS that JJ hints at in this interview.:monkey3 Poor BDW comes out of retirement and... bam!:lol

018EFBF.png

Striking a lightsaber into the hearts of ?Star Wars? fans, it appears that a romance between Poe Dameron (Oscar Isaac) and Finn (John Boyega) will not materialize in ?Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.?

But that does not necessarily mean there won?t be any LGBTQ representation in the final film in the Skywalker saga, either.

The ?Star Wars? fan community latched onto the notion of a romantic connection between Finn and Poe almost immediately after the premiere of ?Star Wars: The Force Awakens? in 2015, ?shipping the characters with hashtags like ?FinnPoe? and ?Stormpilot.?

Speaking with Variety at the ?Rise of Skywalker? press junket on Tuesday, however, Isaac expressed regret that the ?natural chemistry? between Poe and Finn in ?The Force Awakens? was not explored in an overtly romantic way in ?Star Wars: The Last Jedi? ? and wouldn?t be in ?The Rise of Skywalker.?

?Personally, I kind of hoped and wished that maybe that would?ve been taken further in the other films, but I don?t have control,? Isaac said. ?It seemed like a natural progression, but sadly enough it?s a time when people are too afraid, I think, of? I don?t know what.?

Isaac noted that the ?ambiguity? of the characters? relationship might allow more people to see themselves in the characters. ?But if they would?ve been boyfriends, that would have been fun.?

Though he was less definitive than Isaac, Boyega also noted the lack of a clear romantic connection between Finn and Poe in ?The Rise of Skywalker? while speaking with Variety.

?They?ve always had a quite loving and open relationship in which it wouldn?t be too weird if it went beyond it,? Boyega said. ?But at the same time, they are just platonic at the moment.?

Even ?The Rise of Skywalker? director J.J. Abrams ? famously circumspect about revealing anything about his films in advance ? cast some doubt on FinnPoe coming to life in his film.

?That relationship to me is a far deeper one than a romantic one,? Abrams told Variety. ?It is a deep bond that these two have, not just because of the trial by fire in which they met, but also because of their willingness to be as intimate as they are, as afraid as they, as unsure as they are, and still be bold, and still be daring and brave.?

While this would appear to foreclose the possibility of an obvious Finn and Poe romance, Abrams still left the door open to a different form of LGBTQ representation in his film. The filmmaker noted that he?s always strived to find a cast for ?Star Wars? that ?looked more the way the world looks than not.?

?And in the case of the LGBTQ community, it was important to me that people who go to see this movie feel that they?re being represented in the film,? Abrams said.

So without spoiling the film, Variety asked, does that mean there will be a queer character in ?The Rise of Skywalker??

?I will say I?m giving away nothing about what happens in the movie,? Abrams replied with a smile. ?But I did just say what I just said.?

Whats wrong with LGBTQ representation?

Yeah, I read that F + P does not equal Jon Snow.

Whatever.

I don?t even know what I?m supposed to be anticipating.

Rey defeating Kylo for the third time?

Kylo killing a paternal figure for a third time?

It doesn?t even look like anybody has a new haircut. :dunno

I guess the FO, whatever they are exactly, will be replaced by another useless Republic. Which apparently no one in the galaxy cares about outside of Leia zealots.

But there?s new space horses.

And...no Khan for real this time?

Facts. By act three you should be able to picture a desirable outcome but I have got absolutely nothing. Back in '83 I would have been ashamed of my adult self but at this point I'm going for the Emperor, despite the fact that it's stupid as hell that he is in the movie.

Whats wrong with LGBTQ representation?

Nothing but they go about it wrong just like many other times. They try and get people riled up with gay representation to gain some points and have a 5 min scene of some dude dancing with another dude like in beauty and the beast. It?s just a stupid ploy to get butts in seats. They could care less about representation or finn wouldn?t be a janitor chasing a white woman he barely knows.

If you wanna put gay in your movie then don?t announce it like it?s a huge deal just put it in the movie. They just want to rile people up.

Facts. By act three you should be able to picture a desirable outcome but I have got absolutely nothing. Back in '83 I would have been ashamed of my adult self but at this point I'm going for the Emperor, despite the fact that it's stupid as hell that he is in the movie.

Yup - it’s down to a kind of circus freakshow attraction, “I guess I’ll see what’s up with this.”

I think a-dev mentioned it earlier - and I understand the business side- but they should be ashamed to market this as the conclusion to the Skywalker saga. The only living Skywalker is Kylo, a half-baked character with a muddled backstory/goal and no clear connection to the protagonist.

I think I’ll be fine with it all once this one’s done but I can’t help feeling stung for getting invested when it was a pretty obvious Lucy/football situation in hindsight.

Back