Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be fair, when you have OT ships and SW visuals at your disposal it's hard to make a bad trailer, but I did like several shots (the blackade runner over the forest was cool.)

The horses galloping along the exterior deck of a star destroyer is a somewhat strange idea though, and the duel against the stormy sea is odd partly because it's such an epic backdrop for two pretty weak characters who aren't even known for amazing sword skills (I think Kylo is 0/3 against Rey, and she's really had no training.)

And then... not only did Palps survive a fall down a bottomless shaft, and the explosion of the DSII like an hour later, his throne room survived along with his CHAIR? That to me crosses from wtf to just plain laughable.

There's still UNBROKEN PANES OF GLASS in Palps' window - though they did do some "battle damage" to his throne.:slap:lol

48938941303_3b2d66d159_k.jpg

What what what no Thursday first show :gah:

Khev I can?t freaking wait until Saturday you?re killing me here lol

2:35 nice but it really needed to be 5 to fix everything lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Got mine in 3d, of course. Im going on Saturday too, but not because of lack of excitement.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

So really this is the abortion of TFA and TLJ with elements from Dark Empire and a rehashed ROTJ. Worth seeing with a free code from Redbox. :lol

The Rey vs Kylo fight in the water looks too much like Anakin vs Obi Wan on Mustafar

C’mon now Disney :lecture

Just went to youtube to see if the trailer was there and wow - those people who are doing the streaming/live "trailer reaction" videos have got to be some of the most dead-eyed super fans I have ever seen.:lol

One of the guys was staring into his webcam - unblinking - saying in this monotone voice "Endgame's going to be toppled as highest grossing of all time in December!"

Not trying to be derogatory, but these are kind of weird - I've never really seen these types of vids before. I guess these are those people who cried live onscreen when the TROS teaser went up.:dunno

1571710823775.jpg

The clip of showing Rose will light up Social Media throughout the rest of the week :lol

Prepare yourselves

[snip cavalry charge screen grab]

WTF :lol:lol:lol

Yeeeah. That was probably the most objectionable thing for me.

To be fair, when you have OT ships and SW visuals at your disposal it's hard to make a bad trailer, but I did like several shots (the blackade runner over the forest was cool.)

That shot stuck out for me, that was pretty cool but man, JJ loves sending huge spacecraft through treetops.

[...]
And then... not only did Palps survive a fall down a bottomless shaft, and the explosion of the DSII like an hour later, his throne room survived along with his CHAIR? That to me crosses from wtf to just plain laughable.

There's still UNBROKEN PANES OF GLASS in Palps' window - though they did do some "battle damage" to his throne.:slap:lol

[...]

It *looks cool* but nothing else about it sits right.

I watched the trailer once and for some reason it doesn't feel like Star Wars to me. TFA actually did. I can't remember TLJ. But this feels like something else.

Not impressed to be honest -- now I know I've been down on this trilogy since TLJ but something really feels off here to me.

3PO pretending that he's sentimental about these nobodies he's interacted with for 30 seconds of screen time was perhaps the most laughable thing for me.

It just reeked of a sitcom from the 80s that had an episode solely devoted to unknown characters that are about to be on a spin-off show.

"Oh look kids, it's our new friend Poochie! What's he up to?"

I can't imagine being an adult and actually caring one way or another about any of these lifeless, soulless characters. I know a lot of you are gonna see this out of a sense of obligation or curiosity, or maybe even an attempt to recapture those feelings from 1983 or even 2005....but I can't imagine many of you actually LIKE or CARE about characters like Rose, Poe, Finn, or even the lamest leading woman in history, the unstoppable Rey.

I know I'm projecting my apathy on to others, but it's something I quite simply can't understand.

I could understand even with Endgame, how well fleshed out those characters were and how real they felt, that people were quite attached to them emotionally. That makes sense to me. This....does not.

Other than the spaceships and blasters and music, there's simply nothing there. I think anyone being honest with themselves would see that, but again...I'm projecting.

I suppose to the desire to snivel and snot on yourself is stronger than the desire to see movies with characters you actually like and care about.

767.jpg

The horses galloping along the exterior deck of a star destroyer is a somewhat strange idea though, and the duel against the stormy sea is odd partly because it's such an epic backdrop for two pretty weak characters who aren't even known for amazing sword skills (I think Kylo is 0/3 against Rey, and she's really had no training.)

48938941303_3b2d66d159_k.jpg

Rey sure loves her Khaki style pants :lol

Back