Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a nice looking steelbook and I agree that image on the front is a nice homage to the old poster style. If I was adding the ST to my collection that's definitely the version I would choose.

The back cover should?ve been Han Solo since the inside is that battle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the back looks really good but its on the wrong movie

The back of the covers is where they screwed up the most

TFA should have had BB8 instead of Kylo
RotS should have had Darth Sidious (its treason then scene) instead of GG
TLJ should have had snoke instead of phasma
TROS should have had Ren or Ben Skywalker instead of BB8

They left the emperor off of all of the backs which is why I think they should have used him on the Rots back art instead of GG, especially when they didn't use him on Jedi. Like it or not he was the dude pulling strings throughout the whole saga so he should have been on the back of at least one of them.

I guess Han could of worked too but he is front and center on the TFA cover and the RotJ cover

In either case its better then the first 4k steelbook that excluded everyone but rey and ren. This new cover has the wreckage battle and a whole lot more plus the inside art is way better. The back is the only thing that could have been improved with a different character but the photo/image itself is a nice hq image of bb8 in action

Couple more pet peeves about the ST:

* Threepio isn't really with "old friends" when he "dies" - more like people he's only known for five minutes. And then he doesn't stay dead anyway.

* I always considered Han, Chewie and the Falcon a "package deal". It felt awkward that Chewie just hung around after Han died. Shouldn't he have flown off into the cosmos, his life debt fulfilled?

* Threepio isn't really with "old friends" when he "dies" - more like people he's only known for five minutes. And then he doesn't stay dead anyway.

* I always considered Han, Chewie and the Falcon a "package deal". It felt awkward that Chewie just hung around after Han died. Shouldn't he have flown off into the cosmos, his life debt fulfilled?

1) that will never make sense just ignore it, threepio was severely confused not a single friend was there besides r2 right or was he not even there lol.

Hell thats why even dumb **** poe said threepio what are you doing, he didnt even give a **** they just wanted babu frik to wipe his mind so they could get on with the mission

2) chewie staying around to protect Leia made sense. Once she died i am not sure maybe he felt obligated to do something with hans son so he could find peace in death

Imagine a character gaining his own reasons to stay with the rebellion.....

It?s not like his people were not systematically shown to have been attacked and abused by the Empire through the films , shows and literature....

Man , way to disrespect the Wookiee.....

If anything it was Chewie making Han stay to help the Rebels.

Imagine a character gaining his own reasons to stay with the rebellion.....

It?s not like his people were not systematically shown to have been attacked and abused by the Empire through the films , shows and literature....

Man , way to disrespect the Wookiee.....

If anything it was Chewie making Han stay to help the Rebels.

I concur with this. Chewie would stay around, he was his own character.

The new Rise steel is up on zaavi us site for preorder.

Poor last jedi is never going to sell out. RJ must be very proud of his creation. If I was him i would just buy out all the copies myself lol. Best buy still has their exclusive steelbook that released like 3 years ago for sale. Common RJ thats just embarrassing, you need to buy them all and give them to your friends and family

Hate on me all you like, but I quite enjoyed all 3 ST films. They were all good fun, and I felt this one wrapped things up rather well. It was nice to see Chewie finally get his medal. Plus watching Ian McDiarmid chew up the screen as Palpatine is always worth a watch.

I even grew to enjoy Adam Driver as Kylo.

Hate on me all you like, but I quite enjoyed all 3 ST films. They were all good fun, and I felt this one wrapped things up rather well. It was nice to see Chewie finally get his medal. Plus watching Ian McDiarmid chew up the screen as Palpatine is always worth a watch.

I liked that Chewie got Han's medal. That sold it for me and didn't just feel like fan service.

OK.

BUeKWdg.png

Have to say that jarred with me. Was there any explanation of why it took so long? Until then I'd always assumed it just happened off-screen.

I think it was a wink and a nod at the audience while still fitting in with the story.

We as an audience knew that Chewie was finally getting his Medal.

Story wise it was Han's medal. Something that had more meaning. The symbol of the events that brought them all together.

You can still take it as Leia giving Chewie the Medal he deserved.. But it had the extra meaning behind it being Han's medal. Story wise, had Han not died.. I don't think Chewie gets that Medal... Bunch of racist in that galaxy for sure. :lol

I dont know if I am explaining that well enough.

I think it was a wink and a nod at the audience while still fitting in with the story.

We as an audience knew that Chewie was finally getting his Medal.

Story wise it was Han's medal. Something that had more meaning. The symbol of the events that brought them all together.

You can still take it as Leia giving Chewie the Medal he deserved.. But it had the extra meaning behind it being Han's medal. Story wise, had Han not died.. I don't think Chewie gets that Medal... Bunch of racist in that galaxy for sure. :lol

I dont know if I am explaining that well enough.

Your right though chewie never got his own medal that he was owed from new hope he was simply given hans medal. Had han not died chewie still wouldnt have a medal. So its kind of a ******** medal sure it means something to him because of his relationship with han but he was not awarded the medal himself so its not like the rebels did anything to rectify the slight in a new hope. If they had he should have received 2 medals, han's and his own

Back