Star Wars Defining Moments

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most moments always have the great Williams score to go with it.
ANH:
Opening scene
Luke Leia swinging
TIE fighter battle
Vader Trench run end scene, I have you now
Award ceremony

ESB:
Asteroid chase
Bespin battle and Father scene
Bespin chase sequence, hyperspace
End scene before credits
Ton of others

ROTJ
Sarlaac Battle
Vader emperor Luke battle
Death Star final battle

TPM
Maul QuiGon Kenobi Duel of the Fates

AOTC
nothing
I guess Anakin killing sandpeople

ROTS:
Final battle

Rogue One
Vader Last 10 minutes is so epic

Solo
Maul scene

TFA
Falcon chase
Escape on planet when Kylo gets Rey
Final battle needed Luke dammit

Last Jedi
The Luke milking walrus tit scene
WTF!?!?!!!!!!!!!
Awful movie.

Ewok Adventure
Mace (wannabe Luke) upset when he gets a stupid rock. Lol
Mace telling an Ewok he’s no warrior
Mace not wanting to get in that carriage on horse and demands his own or he will walk.
Lol
It’s actually a good movie, the second one was a let down though.

Last edited:
ANH: Luke blowing up the DS
TESB: Ummm, what else?
ROTJ: Luke’s speech to the Emperor
TPM: QG dying words to OW
AOTC: Sand? (I thought hard and couldn’t really think of a good one)
ROTS: Anakin becoming Vader (earlier scene, not suit up scene)
TFA: Kylo doing the deed
TLJ: Luke’s death
RO: Again, what else?
Solo: Shooting Becket I guess
Holiday Special: Boba Fett parts? (Never watched to whole thing, but I would assume it’s something with Fett)
Ewoks: ain’t nobody got time for that

This is just off the top of my head. I’m sure I could come up with better answers if I took the time.

If anything the RO scene is shot very restrained in the style of low budget horror where you don’t see most of the gore or violence. Most of what you see are reactions and Vader working his way down the hallway. Most of the rebels were killed by blaster fire that was deflected back to them. You actually don’t see any of them being slashed by Vader except the one where he sliced the guy on the ceiling and also the stab the other through the blastdoor and even then you don’t actually see the guy being cut into half and the stabbing is nothing we have not actually seen in a SW movie before.

And let’s face it, if that scene wasn’t in there, most of you would be saying it is a major missed opportunity. RO could be the only time we will ever get a chance to see Vader in a majorly badass moment which the PT totally bungled.

I would agree that it is gratuitous violence if that scene turned out to be the rumoured one where he fought an army of rebels and brought down x-wings with the force like in the marvel comics. That would have been super OTT.

Instead we got a tastefully done and perfectly edited scene that totally blows the cinema of the roof in every screening I was in at that time (watched it four times in the cinema and I can tell you no one walk out of the cinema hating the scene).

The best ending in the entire Star Wars Saga is Rogue One's final few minutes. It really gets the ol' ticker pumpin. I raced home in my car every time leaving the cinema after watching Rogue One. And I know for a fact that original trilogy purists are jealous that Vader's most bad-ass scene by far is in this side-story film.

The best ending in the entire Star Wars Saga is Rogue One's final few minutes.

I'm as big a RO fan as they come but I don't know that I'd rank the ending as being "better" than those of ANH and ESB. Everything from Han saving the day until the end credits at the award ceremony in ANH might be the single most crowd pleasing ending of any film, ever IMO.

I'm as big a RO fan as they come but I don't know that I'd rank the ending as being "better" than those of ANH and ESB. Everything from Han saving the day until the end credits at the award ceremony in ANH might be the single most crowd pleasing ending of any film, ever IMO.

Well I guess that every ending to these Star Wars films is apples and oranges. The ending to Star Wars is very satisfying and triumphant. ;)

Back