star wars collection on ebay

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have been thinking of selling my SSC 1/6 star wars collection in one lot as I'm no longer collecting, but as said ebay is not in my best interests here in UK and unable to post in sale section due to my low posts for reasons no longer interested in new products, it may drag me back in.

Come on guys don't be so gullible. Why would hot toys buy them? Its not like they have open rights do what they want , they have to work with SS and with that being the case SS would be providing them with info/figures they need.

i guess that link ambasah posted confirms it. i said you'd have to have deep pockets and hot toys has deep pockets. what i don't understand is why does hot toys have to work with sideshow? do they have an exclusive figure license or something? i looked it up and hot toys announced a 1/6 star wars license at the san diego comic con.

i guess that link ambasah posted confirms it. i said you'd have to have deep pockets and hot toys has deep pockets. what i don't understand is why does hot toys have to work with sideshow? do they have an exclusive figure license or something? i looked it up and hot toys announced a 1/6 star wars license at the san diego comic con.

Why because some guy said he sold them to HT?
Would you believe me if I said I sold some prop replicas and will be used in a SW film?

Did you actually read the HT announcement?
Hot toys doesnt have a SW license, they have a collaboration with SS. SS still has the license and HT cant do anything without there approval. They did the same thing with Indy.

Am I right in saying that Hot Toys can't get the SW licence because Medicom have it at the moment in the Far east? Hence the collaboration with Sideshow. I could be talking complete bull just wanted to know.
Well the only way to find is to ask Hot toys direct. Saying you are hot toys to the seller in an email could just be somebodies perverse sense of humour to get threads going like this.

First rule of internet club: Never believe anything on the interent
Second rule of internet club: Always question the first rule

Last edited:
Why because some guy said he sold them to HT?
Would you believe me if I said I sold some prop replicas and will be used in a SW film?

Did you actually read the HT announcement?
Hot toys doesnt have a SW license, they have a collaboration with SS. SS still has the license and HT cant do anything without there approval. They did the same thing with Indy.

i e-mailed the seller of the star wars collection asking him about it and here is his response:

'Yes, I recently sold my collection to the CEO of Hot Toys Japan. The buyer didn't elaborate on whether he was purchasing the collection for creativity purposes so I can only speculate. Since the recent Star Wars collaboration between Sideshow Collectibles and Hot Toys which was announced at SDCC11, I would love to think that they will be using the entire Sideshow and Medicom Star Wars line as a starting place for coming up with character and accessory choices. One thing is for sure, Hot Toys will vastly improve the human sculpts of Sideshow's Star Wars line as their previous releases were just awful.'

so you were correct in the licensing aspect but no one knows for sure why they purchased this collection, not even the seller. :exactly:

Well the "some guy said" statement is always bull and its right to question it. One line in a post does not make for fact.

definately take anything you read on the internet with a grain of salt. I am familiar with the seller and see no reason for him to make it up.

But having said that, each of us can draw our own conclusions.

Well the "some guy said" statement is always bull and its right to question it. One line in a post does not make for fact.

the reason isn't important compared to the payoff! nine thousand smackers is a nice piece of change. i'll bet that this guy was asked many times to break up his collection and he probably would have made more if he did. facts are hot toys is doing star wars 1/6 scale figures and will improve the human head sculpts in leaps and bounds. bespin luke looks incredible.

sw+preview.jpg

hot-toys-luke-skywalker-bespin-friday.jpg

2288.jpg

I bet half the price of those hot toys figures will be for the headsculpts alone. :D

It may be sick, but it doesn't look like Mark Hamill any more than the Enterbay one does. Both are nice sculpt representations, but the likeness is pretty poor actually. The BD sculpt is much better.

Back