Star Wars: Ahsoka

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thrawn looks off to me. I don’t mean differently than I imagined, since I have no emotional or nostalgic attachment to the character, just that it’s giving the same cosplay vibes as Hera. Star Wars does not traditionally do the “human in facepaint” style of alien very often, and I think they need to try harder to replicate skin tone variations so it looks more like someone’s flesh and not just a layer of evenly applied coloring.

Also he’s got that Cardassian / Nick Cave hair. Looks fake. I expected some gray. Unless he dyes it.

Last edited:
Thrawn looks off to me. I don’t mean differently than I imagined, since I have no emotional or nostalgic attachment to the character, just that it’s giving the same cosplay vibes as Hera. Star Wars does not traditionally do the “human in facepaint” style of alien very often, and I think they need to try harder to replicate skin tone variations so it looks more like someone’s flesh and not just a layer of evenly applied coloring.

Also he’s got that Cardassian / Nick Cave hair. Looks fake. I expected some gray. But maybe he’s the type who would keep it dyed?

Thrawn looks like a petty manager who counts the paperclips at the end of the day, wears the key to the stationary cupboard on a chain round his neck and interrogates his underlings to make sure they really do need a new ballpoint pen.

He's only blue because he refuses to turn the heating on in winter. The savings make his end of year reports look good.

vlcsnap-2023-09-20-13h40m43s328.jpg

I was watching the latest ep on my phone when my wife who was sat next to me asked "is that the skunk man?" Pointing at Thrawn. At first I was like "wha?" Then she clarified "the man wear a skunk on his shoulders"
I guess she remembered my Kenner/Hasbro 3.75 inch Thrawn figure has that creature ( I forget what they are called also) on his shoulders.

I was watching the latest ep on my phone when my wife who was sat next to me asked "is that the skunk man?" Pointing at Thrawn. At first I was like "wha?" Then she clarified "the man wear a skunk on his shoulders"
I guess she remembered my Kenner/Hasbro 3.75 inch Thrawn figure has that creature ( I forget what they are called also) on his shoulders.
It must be nice knowing that your 3.75 inch has left a lasting impression on your wife.

Ysalamiri

I have to admit that their being zombies didn't completely register for me but it explains the cultish "Thrawn!" chanting and the odd appearances of many of them. I initially thought they'd come to worship Thrawn (sort of like Khan's people did him in Star Trek) for keeping them alive all this time with his superior intellect, and their ragtag appearance was a result of the harsh conditions they’d faced since their exile.
So,
Spoiler Spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:

I got the impression from yesterday's episode that Shin
Spoiler Spoiler:

I got the impression from yesterday's episode that Shin
Spoiler Spoiler:
I think Baylan is under the impression that he’s able to use Thrawn for his own means, but I think Baylan is being manipulated by something far worse consider he says he can feel something calling to him.

Shin seems like she’s very much not a believer in whatever cause Baylan is fighting for.

I think there’s a reason as to why most of the Nightsisters left for the main Galaxy.

I think Baylan is under the impression that he’s able to use Thrawn for his own means, but I think Baylan is being manipulated by something far worse consider he says he can feel something calling to him.

Shin seems like she’s very much not a believer in whatever cause Baylan is fighting for.

I think there’s a reason as to why most of the Nightsisters left for the main Galaxy.

Yes, Shin is very much her own person, what could possibly be calling Baylan? Very interested to find out.

Somehow, Palpa.....

Despite being the live action introduction of Thrawn, once again I found all scenes with Baylan far more interesting.

I have a feeling he'll end up killing Morgan and even his own apprentice to get his way.

I just thought the stormtroopers had recobbled their armor with a lot of duct tape.

Really liked the Sabine/shell creature scenes and her rat mount was fun. Plus the 360 camera spin to the final character reveal was neat.

Thrawn has always looked off to me whenever he isn't looking like the version from TIE Fighter, but I'll take seeing him in live action for the first time!

No idea what is calling to our mercenaries, but I'm guessing it won't be good. Perhaps something gets unleashed that team Ahsoka and team Thrawn need to ally over to deal with in the final 2 episodes.

No idea what is calling to our mercenaries, but I'm guessing it won't be good. Perhaps something gets unleashed that team Ahsoka and team Thrawn need to ally over to deal with in the final 2 episodes.
Maybe it's
Spoiler Spoiler:

Back