1/6 Star wars 1/6 SDCC 2019 Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couldn’t find a good place to post this. Do you all think HT will ever do a Revan? He’s done well in 6” and 3.75”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couldn’t find a good place to post this. Do you all think HT will ever do a Revan? He’s done well in 6” and 3.75”

I think if Revan ever shows up in a live action capacity he'd be a guaranteed bet. But since he's not technically canon in the new Disney canon, I'd say the current chances of him being made by HT are 0%, unless he becomes canon.

Which would make sense because Hot Toys will eventually have to create their own distribution if they want to stay competitive.

Hopefully that means good things for shipping pricing and more regular distribution timing.

I try to be a realist, but I know it probably won't be better.

However HT would have a big shipping volume, and shipping from China is often free. So perhaps there is a spark of hope there.

Well, they are rumoured to be making a Knights of the Old Republic series of movies, so that's the best chance for a Revan. Would love a Darth Nihilus myself.

Well, they are rumoured to be making a Knights of the Old Republic series of movies, so that's the best chance for a Revan. Would love a Darth Nihilus myself.

That would be a dream but not getting my hopes up

As others have said, there's a 0% chance Hot Toys makes him, at least until he becomes canon. They can't even get to all of the canon characters people want, nevermind the Legends ones. But, if Disney wants the rumored Old Republic franchise to be anything but a flop, they'll need to include a lot of the old characters people love, including Revan. If that happens, you can bet the house he'll be made.

I head it from one of their affiliate statue guys. Then talked about it with finance’ who worked for SS at the time and she didn’t deny it.
Every Company handles their own IP differently and i think disneys stuff is based on a global market and isnt region based.
EDIT: It seems like it may be the opposite, which in that case would mean that Hot Toys went around SS and got the license. Which would make sense because Hot Toys will eventually have to create their own distribution if they want to stay competitive.

It's always interesting to see pics like this to see just how few people are responsible for all the D&D work HT do. (14, not including child labour. Maybe Howards daughter ?)

I'm sure the company is larger when you consider production teams etc. But probably not as large as some of us think.

I know I often assume without even thinking much that HT has a sizeable team and why don't they do this or that figure. But they clearly are limited.

Surely this also factors into which figures are made or not made.

Interesting.

731e59ec3c6f01f25acb601ce059c513.jpg

Was this ever a secret? Howard has professed his love for Star Wars numerous times in interviews over the years and that is probably the reason we get so many Star Wars figures (with many more to come).

Nah, I've heard that before too. Just I could totally believe that his love of Star Wars has recently been taken over by Marvel :lol

But yes I know that is more a business based thing than favouritism.

So long as he brings us Baze, Cassian and a few aliens like a Tusken Raider, Akbar, Nein Numb, Greedo etc I'm fine !

A fan met him and asked some questions, Howard said Cyborg is cancelled. The fan didn't ask him about SW though.

The Star Wars fan was probably too busy moaning to him about the shape of Vader's widow's peak, Obi-Wan's facial softness and the length of Anakin's robe to ask him any questions about future releases.

As others have said, there's a 0% chance Hot Toys makes him, at least until he becomes canon. They can't even get to all of the canon characters people want, nevermind the Legends ones. But, if Disney wants the rumored Old Republic franchise to be anything but a flop, they'll need to include a lot of the old characters people love, including Revan. If that happens, you can bet the house he'll be made.

Just because there’s an old republic movie doesn’t mean Revan will even exist in it.

Just because there’s an old republic movie doesn’t mean Revan will even exist in it.

Then again who is the first character you think of when you think of the Old Republic? It's Revan. It's a no-brainer to include him in some capacity. That's the great thing for Benioff and Weiss, or whoever else is given the responsibility of making this, is that there is a very rich story and characters, like Revan, to draw from.

Same figures displayed at the Seoul comic con. Funny, hot toys has made more stan Lee figures than lando. Pretty sure they have made more Spider-Man figures than rotj figures as well. Or close to it.

Surprising that HT didn't do Red Skull. Would have been a pretty awesome figure. Maybe they're waiting for GotG 3 ?? If something happens with Gamora there ?

9e80f25fa1c0ec91ab25141641e3f979.jpg

Back