Star Trek: TV or Movies? Possible spoilers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Star Trek: TV or Movies?

• Total voters

Memnoch

Lt. Vulture
Reaction score
So I made a post in the Star Trek movie thread, covered in spoilers but probably not really spoilers, and got to thinking.. if this DOES revive Star Trek, should it be kept as films ONLY, go back to TV after the presumed trilogy has ended or both? Quite honestly I'm not sure but I think it would make for some interesting discussion so discuss away.

A TV series would have to be different, I think the types of Sci-Fi shows have changed in the last decade. Shows like Star Trek and Stargate don't work as well in the format that they were in. TV now likes to have a running narrative throughout the series so it would have to change to reflect that.

Hard to say without seeing the new film and what it does to the universe. But if it's as good as they say, I'd like to see it as a series of films. But I wouldn't mind seeing another Next Gen type of thing on TV as well.

I'd say films are more realistic. It'll probably be hard to get all the actors to sign onto TV series (even though a serial drama Trek would be intriguing...), plus I think there's more buzz (and money) with feature films.

I think movies are the way to go right now.

If the studios did decide to do a new Star Trek television series, I think a new series that was limited to only a few seasons (say 3 or 4) or mini-series would be the way to go.

You could attract top tier actors to the project and have a clear & defined storyline from beginning to end.

I don't want to see a series made with these characters. If they want to do a totally new ST series, that would be great, but nothing tied to this movie.

I think movies are the way to go right now.

If the studios did decide to do a new Star Trek television series, I think a new series that was limited to only a few seasons (say 3 or 4) or mini-series would be the way to go.

You could attract top tier actors to the project and have a clear & defined storyline from beginning to end.

:lecture I concur.

Back