Star Ace Harry Potter Lord Voldemort action figure review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
There's some serious competition in the sixth scale market these days, and one of the brightest up and coming companies is Star Ace. I'm checking out their terrific Lord Voldemort figure tonight right here:

Harry Potter Lord Voldemort sixth scale action figure by Star Ace - Another Pop Culture Collectible Review by Michael Crawford, Captain Toy

or you can find it with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

Michael Crawford's Review of the Week - the number one source for action figure, toy and pop culture reviews!

Thanks for reading, and have a terrific weekend!

Michael
MWC

Love this....

review_starvoldemort_12.jpg

Great looking figure Michael, thanks for posting this review so quickly. I am sold on this. Whilst I have some reservations about the screaming HS, the other is GREAT!

saw this on hongkong store unfortunartelly no photo can be taken....
very awesome!! glad i ordered this...

I don't understand how there isn't a big market for this. Ebay is pretty much dead when it comes to this figure

Was never a fan of the screaming head, nor of screaming heads in general. They always come out too unnatural or stiff. Voldemort did have some funky teeth, but I do think those really didn't help this sculpt. So I'll be going with the neutral head, which thankfully does look fantastic. Can't wait for this to start shipping from Sideshow. I'm also loving the relatively short pre-order windows. I mean HT is already got stuff on the books 18+ months from now. Its nice to get something in around 3 months. Hopefully Dumbledore and Hermionie aren't far behind. Really want Snape sooner rather than later. Lucius Malfoy too in addition to the others you mentioned at the end of the review. LOTS of potential with this line.

I don't understand how there isn't a big market for this. Ebay is pretty much dead when it comes to this figure

It hasn't hit retail in the US yet. I don't think Harry Potter is a big deal in the Asian market, so pre-orders there were probably low. You might see more on eBay when US retailers receive their stock.

Also, consider that Harry Potter is not really a big deal anymore. These threads aren't exactly lighting the forums on fire here.

It hasn't hit retail in the US yet. I don't think Harry Potter is a big deal in the Asian market, so pre-orders there were probably low. You might see more on eBay when US retailers receive their stock.

Also, consider that Harry Potter is not really a big deal anymore. These threads aren't exactly lighting the forums on fire here.

There is a Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios Park Japan. There's support for these figures in Asia, although not as much as in the West. I'd love to figure out a way to cross these over into more female collectors, I think Potter is more popular with that demographic.

Nice review Michael as usual, I've been visiting your website for years (I think that's how I found out about sideshow freaks too if I remember correctly).

There is a Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios Park Japan. There's support for these figures in Asia, although not as much as in the West. I'd love to figure out a way to cross these over into more female collectors, I think Potter is more popular with that demographic.

That's what I get for not verifying his claim. There's 12 different listings for Voldemort on eBay.

Back