Star Ace Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Hermione Granger 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How does a figure like Hermione even get changed that much? Are they cutting corners to lower the cost? I don't even get it. Minor changes, sure, but...

I think they actually THOUGHT they we're responding to the wishes of customers who thought the original sculpt was quite a bit too old looking for POA Hermione, and were revising the sculpt to please customers.

And while that is all well and good (and we would all be singing a much different tune if the new sculpt were actually an improvement), the issue to me is that anyone with even a passing interest in this franchise, or in this movie in particular, instantly knows that the revised sculpt bears almost no resemblance to POA Hermione. So who TH is working QC and/or Product Approval at Star Ace..??

Could this just be even more evidence that the company is basically just winding through its death throws at this point and just doesn't give a rip....and just wants it to be over as quietly as possible while minimizing losses where possible? Even if this is not true for the entire company, its hard not to think its at least true of the 1/6 HP license...

I received my Dobby last week and I were happy with the direction this licence was going,even if a couple of hs were far from perfect...
...now I think this licence is slowly dying...

While the current (sic) sculpt is disappointing, I'm not going to worry too much about it. I'm sure that, even as we speak, someone is already working on a 3rd party sculpt to replace it. I agree that it is beside the point, and that the first Hermione was darn near perfect and this one a far cry from that and that it's extra money, but I'm sure we'll have a great looking figure one way or another.
Ryan

While the current (sic) sculpt is disappointing, I'm not going to worry too much about it. I'm sure that, even as we speak, someone is already working on a 3rd party sculpt to replace it. I agree that it is beside the point, and that the first Hermione was darn near perfect and this one a far cry from that and that it's extra money, but I'm sure we'll have a great looking figure one way or another.
Ryan

thanks for the glass half full perspective.

I had not thought about it from this angle before. we should not have to resort to paying additional money for an alternate custom sculpt but at least there should be some options available.

I recall seeing a pretty decent 3rd party Emma Watson sculpt on ebay before but it appeared to be adult Emma - someone will probably make a decent teenage version to match Hermione.

If they mess up Newt I will straight up MURDER someone.

I wouldn't worry too much about Newt. The same woman who sculpted POA Harry, Quidditch Harry, and their Audrey Hepburn sculpt is the one who worked on Newt. Both of the Harrys she sculpted turned out fine, either identical to the proto images or very close.

If Star Ace needs someone to help them figure out what's wrong with their releases in this line, I will gladly do it because they clearly don't have people who have seen the movies working for them.

I have most of Star Ace's HP line, and was very existed for this. But that new head is truly terrible. However, the outfits look good, so as Wamphyri said, we'll just have to wait for a better third party head comes out.

Which is ridiculous for a figure at this price.

I have most of Star Ace's HP line, and was very existed for this. But that new head is truly terrible. However, the outfits look good, so as Wamphyri said, we'll just have to wait for a better third party head comes out.

Which is ridiculous for a figure at this price.

I feel you and I’m on the same boat, but thinking like that will prove to Star Ace that it does NOT need to do good head sculpts...we’ll buy anyway whatever crap it’ll produce...[emoji19][emoji19][emoji19]

Holy Moses!

23659499_10159487071535567_6397094032409698919_n.jpg

Final product looks even worse than the official pics. I'm interested to see who they'll get to pimp this one out...

I bet it has the ****** brown paint around the rooted area like Katniss did, cuz it looks like she's wearing wig. Notice how it doesn't look like it's got hair coming out of the side of the head.

Back