Star ACE 1/8 scale Harry Potter & Lord Voldemort

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Judging by the comments on their Facebook page, this scale is gonna backfire on them, if they ever see the light of day.

Though I do hope they do 1/12 scale figures like figuarts or mezco. I could definitely make room for more characters that way.

Could this be their deviation from 1/6? In the sense that someone has overtaken the 1/6 rights but they want to attempt one more go at HP?

Molecule 8 seems to have the rights to 1/6 and 1/4 Harry Potter figures, but we haven't heard a peep out of them since they first popped up a few months ago. I get the feeling that Star Ace is struggling though, based on how much they've slowed down, and how quickly their prices ballooned up to Hot Toys level. These figures definitely seem to be a way to make a quick buck based on designs they already have.

^ Yeah, they have slowed down big time it seems, we used to get announcements pretty regular but not heard about any new potential releases for quite a while. :panic: Think Dobby was the last one earlier in the year - can't remember...

Really hope they haven't abandoned the line though, there are still so many great characters they could make! Also hope they are still going to do that Fantastic Beasts Newt that was mentioned ages ago - along with McGonagall that's a figure I really, really want! :(

Many wanted the trio from when they were older. star Ace has spent a lot of time on the younger versions. We may never get Harry or Ron or Hermione from the Deathly Hallows or even the Half Blood Prince or TOOTP.

Unique scale but that price point keeps me away without much issue. $130? EnterBay's 1:9 scale figures average just below this and I was scoffing there. :lol

They'd have to produce something really special for me to bite, rehashing figures already done isn't it.

but y tho.

Classic-font-b-Gangster-b-font-Films-Scarface-Silk-PRINT-Movie-font-b-POSTER-b-font.jpeg

I know I've already mentioned this in the main thread, so at the risk of sounding like a broken record: Why on Earth did they decide to drop the broom when we've got pics on the front page showing him with the broom, and when they showed him at Comic Con with the broom a few weeks ago? Who's the genius at Star Ace that decided to do this?

Hmm...now im tempted to get Voldemort and Task 3 Harry. I just wish that Voldemort had black robes and more of a sheer goblet of fire look since this is obviously the order of the phoenix version. I didn't realize these were out already :O

They've got 2 Triwizard Harrys the one from the Dragon sequence (this one stupidly doesn't come with a broom) and the final game version (this one stupidly doesn't come with the Triwizard Cup).

And yeah, then there's Deathly Hallows Voldemort who is stupidly labeled as being Goblet of Fire Voldemort.

If Star Ace really wanted to impress with this scale, they'd announce a 3 pack with an older Harry, Ron, and Hermione, all sculpted by KA Kim or their one other sculptor that actually does good work instead of the people with impaired vision they've been hiring recently.

If Star Ace really wanted to impress with this scale, they'd announce a 3 pack with an older Harry, Ron, and Hermione, all sculpted by KA Kim or their one other sculptor that actually does good work instead of the people with impaired vision they've been hiring recently.

100% agree. As it stands it's just a few odd choices. Harry, missing a key item depending on which you choose. And a Voldemort with only a screaming head sculpt. Seeing as they appear to be dropping the 1/6 line after it seemed to have decent success I can't imagine this line going very far at all.

Edit: Just realized Voldemort also comes with a “school picture day” headsculpt as well... so that’s something.

Last edited:
Back