Stands - would you re-buy stands if the style changed?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you buy a newly designed stand for 1/6 figures if you had to purchase seperate?

• Yes, just change to crotch support rather than waist circle

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • Yes, crotch support and new design

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • Yes, waist circle and new design

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Yes, but only if it was part of an environment

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • No, the current stands are fine

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • No, I just leave the stands in the box anyway

Votes: 5 8.8%

• Total voters
i find my figures on the crotch stands tend to teeter or lean forward. Also, maintaining dynamic poses, such as "running" or kneeling seems easier to me with the waist clasp. I do understand the problem with certain figures with belts but its not that big a deal to me.

I only like the crotch stands for figures with upper body rubber muscle setups, like my Rambos, the waist ones leave creases in the rubber.

I'm not sure how it could be executed but some sort of magnetic stand that grips at the waist seems like it might be ideal for dealing with all stand concerns. I've seen the magnetic ones where it's in the feet, but with that, the figure could still fall over enough to break things possibly, so while it might make more interesting looking stand display, I don't think it's very safe, and I use stands for safety.

I only like the crotch stands for figures with upper body rubber muscle setups, like my Rambos, the waist ones leave creases in the rubber.

I'm not sure how it could be executed but some sort of magnetic stand that grips at the waist seems like it might be ideal for dealing with all stand concerns. I've seen the magnetic ones where it's in the feet, but with that, the figure could still fall over enough to break things possibly, so while it might make more interesting looking stand display, I don't think it's very safe, and I use stands for safety.

Since it's been, a while now since we've seen rubber bodied figures from Sideshow, and HT seems to be evolving into sculpted bodies as well, I don't think that'll be an issue anymore.

I don't have many figures, just a small handful - but will say I hate the waist ring stands. Would definitely buy a newly designed stand...and if they came in a pack of 5 all the better because that is exactly how many I need. :)

i still think that they should incorporate magnets to the feet & put out smaller metal stands. it cant be that expensive because you can pick up metal stands at crafts stores for a buck or a little more depending on the size.

Now this is genius. Probably the only way you could get me to use stands constantly.

For some of my figs the current stands are fine but for some they suck so I would buy a couple new ones but not replace them all.

Last edited:
i have made my own custom bases as i found to small the bases for some figures...i have already made bases for iron man but i change my mind and i will try to add light. i will raise the silver part with acrylic and put leds inside so i can give an atmosferic light around silver

That Vader stand looks great.

I would rebuy them if they included the name of the character and episode it is from. I dont mind the waist clip and would just like that improved for certain figures.

I used the term "re-buy" because if they're in an all new style the completeists like me would have to get matching stands for all the previous figures.

To satisfy everyone, ideally they'd change to the crotch support and keep the with the same style stand packaged in the box but release the new design separately so those that want them can buy them.

I used the term "re-buy" because if they're in an all new style the completeists like me would have to get matching stands for all the previous figures.

To satisfy everyone, ideally they'd change to the crotch support and keep the with the same style stand packaged in the box but release the new design separately so those that want them can buy them.

But would they do the various licenses printed on the stands? Or would us completists be pretty much paying Evilface's 401K? :lol

just change to crotch support rather than waist circle and keep the same design.
In that way, if someone dont want to change all the stands can still have them with the same design.

I'd like to see them explore somthing like the posable DID stands, maybe not as standard but made available, figures like Jango Fett could be posed in flight or jumping through the air.

Doesn't matter to me, but I'd just leave them as they are.

But would they do the various licenses printed on the stands? Or would us completists be pretty much paying Evilface's 401K? :lol

lol. For the record, I make nothing on them. They take more time than what I charge. I only do it cause I enjoy it and like how they look.

I would definitely love to see more environment stands from Sideshow.

Locally I found a type of waist ring stand (unlike Sideshow's) that doesn't have the L-shaped bend thus allowing me to tug the waist ring beneath the figure's clothing. For the case of the Stormtroopers I could hide the ring partially under the belt.

Generally with less of the stand being exposed I feel the display look much better. Sideshow could consider this design.

Being a completist and having replaced all my figures with this stand have actually costed me quite a bit.:(:lol

Back