Stan Winston Licensed Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfchang

Super Freak
Reaction score
Figured since most of Stan Winston's most famous creations were Predator, Aliens, and Terminator based this is a good forum to post this.

Over the years, I found myself becoming an avid collector of Stan Winston licensed pieces and I wanted to put together a list of licensed Stan Winston pieces for others who want to collect his stuff.

NON-licensed pieces are ok too but they are a lot harder to come by and also harder to verify that they are truly Stan Winston pieces.

Okay, here goes, I'll start. Feel free to add to this as long as you can confirm that it is Stan Winston licensed or came from a Stan Winston mold etc.

1. Sideshow Endoskull Clean version
2. Sideshow Endoskull Battle damaged version
3. Sideshow T-X bust
4. Sideshow Battle Damaged T-800 1:1 bust
5. Sideshow Predator 1:4 scale Maquette (Ex and Non-Exclusive)
6. Sideshow Pumpkinhead 1:4 scale Maquette
7. Sideshow Alien Queen 1:4 scale bust
8. Sideshow Alien Warrior Bust 1:1 scale
9. Sideshow Predator Bust 1:1 scale
10. Cinemaquette Predator 1:3 scale
11. Cinemaquette T-X 1:3 scale
12. Cinemaquette T-850 1:3 scale
13. Cinemaquette T-800 Endoskeleton 1:3 scale
14. Sideshow Iron Man 1:2 scale maquette
15. Sideshow Iron Man 1:1 bust clean, battle damaged, mark II versions

Okay, I'm out anything else I'm missing? Note, I'm talking ONLY about Stan Winston Studios NOT Legacy Effects or ADI.

Non-licensed:

1. Howard S Senft Stage 4, 5 silicone busts. Off lifecast of Arnold form SWS

2. Jurassic Park T-Rex bust 1:4 scale off mold

3. Pumpkinhead 1:1 bust/torso off original mold

4. Alien Queen full statue maquette 1/4 scale off mold

Any more? Feel free to add. Remember it must be confirmed SWS license so that knocks out the Sideshow 1:2 and 1:4 scale endoskeletons as well as the 1:1 Endoarm and the 1:1 full size Endoskeletons as well.

Thanks!

Nope. Sideshow made it with Paul Francis I believe. In any case I own one and while a very nice piece it is nowhere near ad accurate as the 1:3 scale Cinamaquette endo...Still best endo ever made IMHO.

Nope. Sideshow made it with Paul Francis I believe. In any case I own one and while a very nice piece it is nowhere near ad accurate as the 1:3 scale Cinamaquette endo...Still best endo ever made IMHO.

well i know they (legacy) used the SS endo for the making of terminator salvation so I'm not sure if they also used it in T2 as well?

-HCG P2 Bio is cast from the stunt mask. You can also find one that is cast off the hero mask at places like the hunter lair.

-HCG P1 Bio is cast from movie mold I believe, and comes with Stan Winston's signature. That's the one that comes with the wall hanging bust to display the mask on. Probably the most "official" Stan Winston collectible since he personally signed them.

-various HCG props like P2 disk and spear. I remember seeing a Terminator pulse rifle or Aliens pulse rifle some where. Not really sure how official they are though..

-I believe HCG Endo skulls uses movie mold as well, but definition looks different from the Sideshow version. They were possibly just cast from different endos from the studio, I've heard one version could be the endo from T1 even though they are both marketed as a T2 endo, hence the difference. ( Not sure how reliable that info is, just what I heard)

-Stan was still kicking back in Salvation, so I assume the Sideshow 1:1 T-600 bust still counts as a Stan Winston piece?

-I've seen cast of a 1:1 T-rex tooth from Jurassic Park. They used to sell replicas at Universal Studios and it comes displayed in a glass case dome with a circular wooden base.

-various Universal Studios Jurassic Park maquettes. One in particular, a 1:4 scale raptor maquette, is perfect size for what most of us collect. Another super limited one is a smaller bronze T-rex maquette, it was some ridiculously low limited number like 5 ES or 10 ES or something, can't remember.. There's also a color version which is still super rare but its possible to find if you look hard enough.

-The "Tony Stark has a Heart" arc reactor replica. Brushed metal and wires and everything.

-various Iron Man helmets, i've seen the Mark I, Mark II, Mark III, and Iron Monger helmets by Windlass Studio.

-there are rare trading cards where the card has a thin piece of metal from the screen used Mark I suit kind of hammered into the card itself. So that kind of counts I guess.. Also various Stan Winston's signature cards, the most easily accessible ones are signed cards for the Small Soldiers movie. You can still get them for like $10 on Ebay.

-Signed 'Winston Effect" coffee book

-Since Stan Winston worked on Batman returns, then possibly some replicas from that movie can also count as a Stan Winston piece. (Perhaps a Batman Returns cowl?)

-

Last edited:
Dont forget the legendary (ouch) Icons' predator pieces (biomask + disc)

Also the Timeless Collectibles (ex-icons) endoarm from whicn SS' one came. I think they did an endoskull too.

There's a pair of Jurassic Park velociraptor and trex ultra limited editions statues in bronze from SWS. I think Thx owes a pair of these.

Surely there's still moar stuff, let's see if we can remember more :)

How about these guys?

968.jpg

969.jpg

https://www.proparchives.com/action/action-films-1990s/small-soldiers/stan-winston-signed-ltd-small-soldiers-figures

The Horizon JP model kits were cast of the SWS maquettes

here's some photos I found on google:

HCG Pred bios:

Pred2-1.jpg

scaled.php

Jurassic Park Bronze maquette and replicas:

scaled.php

jpbronzeraptor2.jpg

JP%2Begg.JPG

Dinossaur-tooth-replica.jpg

Iron man:

Iron-Man-Arc-Reactor-Prop-Replica.jpg

3819_press01-001.jpg

loadimage.cfm

loadimage.cfm

What company made that Arc Reactor? Is that from Museum Replicas?
Didn't people complain that the wires on it were flimsy and it didn't stay lit?

never seen these before, very cool. Anymore info on them? The only SWS licensed stuff I have is:

-SS P1 maquette Ex
-HCG P1 Bio
-MR P2 spear
-HCG P2 disc
-CM Pred
-SS T-600 1:1 Bust (I think it says legacy on the bottom, but I know SWS started with the project before he passed)
-SS Aliens Warrior bust
-SS 1/4 Queen Alien bust
-SS Pumpkinhead maquette

yea, some ppl like it, others say it's crap. I would like to have one myself.

I have six sws pieces
ssc-alien warrior 1:1
Ssc-predator 1:1
Ssc terminator Arnold,T-800 clean,TX busts
Ssc alien queen 1/4..
I dont think i will be parting with any of them because the quality on these pieces are top notch..this is a great thread if someone want to start a stan winston collection

Most people were complaining about the triangle arc reactor from the second movie. The first one was made in high quality brush steel finish and has a nice weight to it, the IM2 reactor is mostly just a cheap plastic toy but cost the same as the first one, so it was a real disappointment...

900610_press01-001.jpg

image.php

You can tell the huge quality difference between the two.

-

I want these. Kick ass film!:rock I never saw these actual figures as a child though. Were they available?

According to "The Winston Effect" this was his first foray into the toy business - and a huge failure. Several hundreds of these limited edition toys were made by the original artists, out of the original molds, at his studio. Only four were sold at FAO Schwarz. A complete flop for Winston. The cheap Hasbro toys did great ...

Only a few were sold because they were expensive as hell.

Stan Winston also made a series of figure lines exclusive to Toysrus. If I remember right they were discontinued over a law suit. They were four figures from some B rated movies, a werewolf series, a gargoyle series and a series based on cat people (something of the Claw or something like that).

Hey guys thanks for the great info!

Very nice. I collect mostly busts and statues not really weapons and stuff.

Of all the stuff I didn't know about, I think the most impressive piece is the HCG Pred 1 Bio. How hard is one of those to come by and for those who own it (looking at you azurepred!) is it solidly made?

I know it retailed for 1000 and there was supposed to be 1000 of them made but it's hard to imagine they made that many . . .

Anyone interested in selling let me know.

The bronze dinosaurs are way too expensive. I think THX sold them off last year or was trying to on Ebay.

I do regret returning my Iron Man 1:1 but there was just too many paint defects and chips, I couldn't take it.anymore. Now that I'm on my SWS collection kick, maybe I'll eventually reacquire him.

The P1 Bio is very solid, the only negative things about it is the paint could be better with the weathering on the Bio, and they should've included a way to display it on a table. I'm having a custom base made for mine, I'm going to switch out the cannon for a accurate one, add a accurate bone necklace and throw on the Bio hoses.

As for price, the last one ended for $1700 shipped on ebay, I was lucky to find a ebay seller looking for a quick sale, so I got mine for $1500. From what I have been told by a couple people, there were actually only 500 produced cause Stan passed before he could sign all 1000 COA's. I found that, besides the Icons Bio, this is actually one of the hardest Predator collectibles to find, I believe only a handful of members on this board have one. Good luck

Back