Stan Lee Autograph - Hulk or Spidey Comq???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgama25

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello Fellow Collectors

I have an opportunity to meet Stan Lee at Wizard World this year in Chicago. My dilema is that I can only get 1 autograph signature and I cannot decide whether I should get the Spidey Comiquette or the hulk Commiquette signed. On the one hand Spidey would be great to have signed on the front (excellent for display), but on the other hand If I get Hulk signed by SL I can also get Lou Ferrigno to sign it as well (However the only place I can think of where it would go is the bottom of the base). I keep going back and forth on this and was wondering what your opinions would be?

I know there is a way to have it signed on the front for spidey (Thanks to Barbarian's excellent pics!!!!). Has anyone gotten an autograph on the hulk comiquette? If so, where is it located (hoping somebody had an idea on where it could go so it can be seen along with the statue during display)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I would pick Spider man because he is the more popular and quintessential Marvel character. Admittedly, I am not really a Hulk fan. As far as Lou Ferrigno's signature, while it might be somewhat neat, I don't think it is that fitting, since this is not a statue of the TV Hulk. By the same token, I would not necessarily put Adam West's signature on a Batman statue, but I would have it on a statue of HIM as Batman, or on the TV show Batmobile, but not the comic one. To me, the signatures that matter most on the Hulk statue are Stan Lee, the artist whose work the statue is based on, and the sculptors of the statue.

I'm going to the one in Chicago also since I live here I'll be taking my doom Pf and spidey comiquette for Stan's autograph... If I had a choice of any it would be spidey comiquette

I'm going to the one in Chicago also since I live here I'll be taking my doom Pf and spidey comiquette for Stan's autograph... If I had a choice of any it would be spidey comiquette

I agree. Gotta go with Spidey. First off, it's the best statue ever made of the character. Second, it's possibly the most popular character Stan created. Third, lots of great places on the base for Stan to sign.

Jgama, I've got to ask...why can you only get 1 of the statues signed? Why not just get them both signed if it's not a money issue?

I agree. Gotta go with Spidey. First off, it's the best statue ever made of the character. Second, it's possibly the most popular character Stan created. Third, lots of great places on the base for Stan to sign.
Bingo on all three

I would have Stan sign it on the inside wall..keeps a clean look for the statue but increases the value overall

Doom weighs like 35/40 pounds. You're going to lug him around the Con all day?

I'm also live in the Chicagoland and will be headed to the con. I was thinking of bringing the spiderman comiquette as well but i figured it would be hell lugging that around so i may just get the Spiderman legendary scale bust signed. If I was in your shoes, I'd definitely go for the Spiderman comiquette.

What does he do with $20.00 each ? Maybe buy a silver nail for his coffin.:dunno

I got him on a few things in the Philly con two weeks ago and he was $55 an auto. While I didn't see anyone else get a statue signed, I did see a guy get his Iron Man MK 1 helmet signed and a kid got a Thor hammer signed by Lee and then the next day by Chris Hemsworth.

$50 a pop. That's not the worst part. At Wizard World Chicago they are selling express passes for over $200. You only get 1 sig with that. Then you have to pay $50 a pop extra for each additional sig. I've heard if you don't get the pass you can spend all day in line and not even get a signature.

I got him on a few things in the Philly con two weeks ago and he was $55 an auto. While I didn't see anyone else get a statue signed, I did see a guy get his Iron Man MK 1 helmet signed and a kid got a Thor hammer signed by Lee and then the next day by Chris Hemsworth.

Did you pick up the express pass for the Philly Wizard Con?

Back