Statue SSC Storm Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lecture
With the Angel comiquette and now Morlock Storm, I am really disappointed right now. All the naysayers can go kick rocks because this looks great. I am really tempted me to buy this because I know we will never see Morlock Storm in 1/4th, but most likely I will just wait for the Jim Lee or Byrne Storm...sigh...temptation.

I am 34 and I remember picking up X-Men at 7-11 and Storm having a mohawk.

It is indeed a pity it won't be 1/4 scale. But at least SS seem to be consistent with the Xmen comiquettes being 1/5.

Have you read the thread? There are numerous posts complaining why isn't this JL. Same thing happen when colossus Comiquette previewed etc etc etc.

If people were paying attention they would have seen that a new line was announced by SS based on this artists work with Sue Storm being the first, Storm second and Black Widow and Lyra were also previewed.

Most people know the PF is going to be Jim Lee as far as I can see most just want a different sculpt, head or costume. Some posters said they preferred Jim Lee, so I assume they are waiting on the PF.

You ordering this one?

:lecture
With the Angel comiquette and now Morlock Storm, I am really disappointed right now. All the naysayers can go kick rocks because this looks great. I am really tempted me to buy this because I know we will never see Morlock Storm in 1/4th, but most likely I will just wait for the Jim Lee or Byrne Storm...sigh...temptation.

I am 34 and I remember picking up X-Men at 7-11 and Storm having a mohawk.

I want Morlock Storm in 1/4 :(

Most people know the PF is going to be Jim Lee as far as I can see most just want a different sculpt, head or costume. Some posters said they preferred Jim Lee, so I assume they are waiting on the PF.

You ordering this one?

I'll wait for the full reveal. But it does look good. If your a Storm diehard fan it will certainly add something extra to your collection. I'm more interested in the Black Widow revealed.

I've no interest in what you do with your time. Your the one who started this shindig. Lets just call it a day and move along.

Im gonna state the obvious. The Gambit PF is done so are the cyclops, rogue in the same manner. Why would it make sense from a continuity perspective to deviate from the rest? A Storm PF modelled after what you would want makes no sense because lets face it .. the customer is not always right in fact most customers are idiots. So pray tell why on earth would sideshow listen to u? Its a given that the pfs are or will be modelled after jim lees style. Also the design for the storm comiquette was revealed a year ago so I dont see how this can come as a disappointment.

We know it's gonna be Jim Lee-style. And even though some of us would like SSC to try other sources for inspiration, we're aware SSC is not gonna listen to us. (I remember saying the same about a JL-era Jean Grey - they're gonna use that costume —urgh— and there's little we can do, but one can dream).

What Bullseye and I are talking about, though, is that apparent obsession about all things Jim Lee many people seem to have. You know, like forgetting about the truly classic Storm costume.

Historically the most iconic looks 4 Storm have been the mohawk/goth look and the jim lee look.

No, they're not. Not the Jim Lee look anyway.

Say what LOL i am delighted that you guys are getting the line done in PF. What I don't like is when people bash a Comiquette because it's not JLee. There have been other artists who have worked for Marvel. Besides JLees best work was with DC.
Whining is crying every time a Xmen piece is released and it's not JL. Your really not catching one here. :lecture
Have you read the thread? There are numerous posts complaining why isn't this JL. Same thing happen when colossus Comiquette previewed etc etc etc.

Exactly! Jim Lee started with Marvel circa 1989. We get some people like him, we get some folks here grew with him and nostalgia is a strong factor, but come on - the Marvel Universe dates back to 1961, for crying out loud.

Maybe they will make a 1/5 Bryne or Cockrum line for you.
Quote me on this guys...because you will probably never see me post it again...

If Sideshow promised that they were going to release an X-Men line based on Bryne or Cockrum, in a consistent 1/5th scale, I would buy every one of them. However, the only consistent thing about Sideshow and scale is their inconsistency.

It's amazing that Jean Grey has been so neglected by most companies and the fact that Hank has been rarely if ever been sculpted as non blue beast. I know theres a a pretty cool kit floating around. I wonder if we will also see a Prof X in 1/5 or 1/4 scale.

If Sideshow promised that they were going to release an X-Men line based on Bryne or Cockrum, in a consistent 1/5th scale, I would buy every one of them. However, the only consistent thing about Sideshow and scale is their inconsistency.

:goodpost: That inconstency is annoying but I would only get 1/4 scale Cockrum/Byrne to match the PFs.

:lol @ the bickering!

Anywho...I want the the classic Cockrum designed Storm costume done in Jim Lee's style for the Storm PF.

If your X-Men didn't look like this when you started reading UXM...

712773-cockrum_x_men_super.jpg

You're a no0b! :lecture

J/K ;) but you're still a no0b!

I dont think SS will ever please all the fans on this forum. I am sure SS will make several iterations of Storm. This is part of the Women of Marvel line by Jelena Djudrdjevic. I dont mind it. I personally hope they do a Jean and Storm in Jim Lee style. Yes, I am a fan but more importantly I dont want to display modern PF's with Silver age characters. I would also like a seperate line by the founding artist but I wouldnt want to mix it. Why isnt anyone taking this into account. Everyone is to busy complaining they dont want 1/5 mixed with PF but your willing to mix artist. I am so confused. These are seperate lines, not meant to be mixed, be patient for it to play out.

I 100% agree. A Byrne /Cockrum line would be the best X-MEN line up period. Man, those stories were fantastic. The artwork was crazy good. John Byrne inked by Terry Austin is still my all time favorite X-MEN art. Better than Lee.

Back