SSC Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Talibane, do you have pics of yours after the sleeves mod?

Sorry, I missed your question.:slap

Okay, here my heavily modded Luke.
Arms and legs shortened, outfit weathered, snow added on the boots and stand, and i removed the suit's sleeves. I'll call it done, i don't want to make a mistake and be disapointed.
b893dee01af73c2333818946391ae76b.jpg

Looking very nice!

It really is a bit of an overpadded figure, like many figures these days - I just removed the HT Snowie padding and he loves going commando.

I’m not gonna remove the x-wing sleeves. I like the more bulky/padded look he has when on Hoth.
8b163e2d57e6bf1d8eacfe93ca39c685.jpg

The look varies quite a bit, even on Hoth. He's actually only in full "Michelin Man" mode for a few shots (the extreme cold weather shots like for example part of the crashed snowspeeder exit and the shot above.) Mostly he's somewhere in between, then obviously on Dagobah he has no inner suit and then he's wet so the sleeves are quite baggy.

Even with the inner suit sleeves removed, it's still puffy, it just gives you the option to crush it down thinner or fluff it out to make it fatter.

how did you go about shortening the legs? what method did you approach on this task that I might think about doing.
I cut the peg, then remove the "ankle part", and reglued the peg on the legs end. I used milliput to make the thing strong enough. It's a very radical mod, i wouldn't recommend anyone to do it unless you are aware of the risks and you know what you are doing.
If you go up far enough in the thread somebody bas posted pics i think.

I think the figure is fine but never really understand the love it gets from so many. The look is cool but the figure looks pretty so-so to me. I actually like the Red 5 figure a tad more even though the sculpt is worse.

I think the figure is fine but never really understand the love it gets from so many. The look is cool but the figure looks pretty so-so to me. I actually like the Red 5 figure a tad more even though the sculpt is worse.

Well, sometimes we don’t love the same stuff. Understand it or not [emoji6]

But it’s not just one person. A bunch of people act like it’s so great. I’m not sure if it’s because for once it’s a Sideshow figure that’s not completely awful or what but it’s fairly average in my honest opinion. Also it was never a $270 figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But it’s not just one person. A bunch of people act like it’s so great. I’m not sure if it’s because for once it’s a Sideshow figure that’s not completely awful or what but it’s fairly average in my honest opinion.

It’s very honest. In fact I didn’t want to buy this as first - because it’s a sideshow figure. But now that I have it, it’s shelf presence just beats all my hot Toys around it. For some reason... do you own it? In hand he’s almost perfect.

I’ve seen enough reviews of it to know that I’d have never paid $270 for it. That’s the stinger with most Sideshow pieces in my opinion. It’s just not worth paying a premium for a piece that’s not as good as most by Hot Toys and even if they are as good they’re still considerably higher priced.

Well, it is expensive. Mostly due to a considerably lower edition size. And sorry, I feel that your opinion would have more weight if you actually had the figure in hand. As you can see in this thread, most people here get surprised of how good this figure is when they actually display it.

Yeah this is one of my standout Star Wars figures for sure. Really pops out and looks like a man in a suit. Price was the main thing I didn’t like of course, but I’m glad I got him. Great pics too VivAdama!

I agree I have this figure and it`s great on the shelf. I`m glad I got one for the price I managed to get him for last Christmas during PC holiday sale for about $213.

Back