SSC Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice eye for that German machine gun Talibane!

Viv, I was about to say what Talibane said: I agree to a certain extent that the main look for these boots is the one SSC chose. However, it could be considered very scene-specific (Luke's attack on the AT-AT on his own).

The overall feel for the figure jumps in quality with these other boots IMO, and the main gain here is the articulation. The HT body and HT boots are a pleasure to pose.

yeah you are right about articulation. I'm not bothered by the ssc boots since my Luke is in a static pose.

DSC_0608.jpg

Just ordered from Zing. I live in the US so had to use a freight forwarder. Ended up costing me about $300 USD in total. Still higher than I wanted to pay, but most eBay listings already seem to be at about the $400 price range.

And I wonder, did Sideshow actually release this figure with the ungloved hands and its respective gloves or was it only for the prototype and not included in the final product?

I just bought one of these figures about an hour ago.

For those of you that own the figure, I have a couple of questions I am hoping you can answer:

1) Is the face-sculpt inside the helmet the same as the one on the alternate head, and just looks to be a better Hamill likeness as you can only see a bit of it?
2) Is the head-sculpt inside the helmet removable (albeit it with a little effort to prise it off the glue)? And if so, how much of a head is actually inside there? Would it be possible to add a hairpiece to it?

Many thanks.

Every one uses the helmeted sculpt. Lot of members hated the unhelmeted sculpt as it did not look like hamill. The head sculpt inside the helmet i dont think you could add hair as it has the white hoody like cap over the sculpt molded over it.

As Grievous has said if you take the helmet off the head mould has the white flight skull cap on it. Much faffing to even try to remove that and add hair, if possible at all.

On a side note... I've seen a X-Wing SSC pilot for reasonable amount. Head sculpt is poor as we know but how easy would it to be to replace with the HT Luke sculpt from the Stormtrooper disguise figure? Is it worth doing? How's the flight suit tailoring etc?

I just bought one of these figures about an hour ago.

For those of you that own the figure, I have a couple of questions I am hoping you can answer:

1) Is the face-sculpt inside the helmet the same as the one on the alternate head, and just looks to be a better Hamill likeness as you can only see a bit of it?
2) Is the head-sculpt inside the helmet removable (albeit it with a little effort to prise it off the glue)? And if so, how much of a head is actually inside there? Would it be possible to add a hairpiece to it?

Many thanks.

There were folks who got the helmet off. Probably can find it many pages back if determined. That sculpt is no better than the unhelmeted one. The coverage the helmet provides saves the likeness. My unhelmeted head and seemingly everybody else's lives in the box unused.

As Grievous has said if you take the helmet off the head mould has the white flight skull cap on it. Much faffing to even try to remove that and add hair, if possible at all.

On a side note... I've seen a X-Wing SSC pilot for reasonable amount. Head sculpt is poor as we know but how easy would it to be to replace with the HT Luke sculpt from the Stormtrooper disguise figure? Is it worth doing? How's the flight suit tailoring etc?

Tailoring of the X-Wing Luke is fine. Some folks did the necessary work to get a DX sculpt in there which I thought looked good. The HT Stormie Luke head will require some work because the hair is not meant to be removed. But you can remove the HT farm boy Luke hair and I believe that goes in without much issue.

Tailoring of the X-Wing Luke is fine. Some folks did the necessary work to get a DX sculpt in there which I thought looked good. The HT Stormie Luke head will require some work because the hair is not meant to be removed. But you can remove the HT farm boy Luke hair and I believe that goes in without much issue.

Yup. I did this with the Farmboy sculpt and it looked better to me.

What about the Hot Toys ANH head with the Sideshow hair on it? Has anyone ever done that? I appreciate that the hair on the Sideshow head is not removable and would therefore need to be cut off...

What about the Hot Toys ANH head with the Sideshow hair on it? Has anyone ever done that? I appreciate that the hair on the Sideshow head is not removable and would therefore need to be cut off...

I've done it with a HT Luke knock-off and I think it looks pretty decent. Granted this is the X-Wing Pilot hair.

GetAttachmentThumbnail.jpeg

Last edited:
Back