SSC Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They did put him on the same body as the x-wing Luke. The cups for the pegs are higher in the boot of the snowspeeder figure accounting for the extra height.

You have the reveal picture for the leg part? I just want to know whats behind the costume before deciding modifying the legs.

Here's how ankle joint look like on Snowspeeder Luke.

P1030989.JPG

I did customize mine to shorten him by removing the ball joints.

P1030990.JPG

Dremelled off the upper part and cut about a third of the lenght so they would fit inside the leg.

P1030991.JPG

That way, i gained about 1cm and have him match X-Wing Pilot Luke height.

Here under is X-Wing Luke body. Pretty much the same configuration. I can only suppose height difference is determined by more than those ankle joints alone.

002c.JPG

Very nice pics, Ton Ton! Great to see that you got this figure.

Looking back at this thread, I can't believe how much negativity this fig got while I was Talibanned. It's such a great piece. I'm tweaking the unhelmeted head a bit and building up a skinny Dagobah version.

Gotta fill that teeny lunchbox with teeny breadsticks for Yoda!

Hi everybody.
Can any owner of this figure tell me just how flexible its boots are? Are they sculpted, or made of fabric?
In any instance, just how bendable are they?
Thanks to those willing to answer this question.
Regards,
m.

Hi everybody.
Can any owner of this figure tell me just how flexible its boots are? Are they sculpted, or made of fabric?
Regards,
m.

They're sculpted soft plastic - pretty rubbery and bendable, similar (but new sculpt) to the Hoth Luke and Han boots.

Got mine yesterday. Happy with him other than the usual gripes (namely height and brutal unhelmeted sculpt). Really does pop on the shelf.

IMG_2233.JPG

Hi everybody.
Regards,
m.

They're two part soft plastic boots, the uppers are separate from the lowers so there's a ton of ankle articulation.

Great pictures TonTon and BatBrain! It really does stand out on the shelf. Just like the X-wing version, but this one has that extra bulk to it with the jacket. Awesome looking figure for sure.

Got mine yesterday. Happy with him other than the usual gripes (namely height and brutal unhelmeted sculpt). Really does pop on the shelf.

View attachment 353513

Actually seems like there is no difference in height between those figures, when you take into consideration that the sideshow base is thicker. Interesting...

Great pictures TonTon and BatBrain! It really does stand out on the shelf. Just like the X-wing version, but this one has that extra bulk to it with the jacket. Awesome looking figure for sure.

I opted for X-Wing Luke with a code and free delivery. So am hoping he'll look good on shelf. Am expecting to do a little bit of modding but ok whatever it takes. He'll be ok for the next year's until HT get around to doing him.

I opted for X-Wing Luke with a code and free delivery. So am hoping he'll look good on shelf. Am expecting to do a little bit of modding but ok whatever it takes. He'll be ok for the next year's until HT get around to doing him.

I got mine with a code and free shipping as well and it's also a great looking figure in my opinion. Especially with the helmet on. He should've came with more accessories for the price, but on display he looks great. Nicely tailored outfit on both X-wing and Snowspeeder figures. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He'll look great on the shelf with the helmet on. When I had him I swapped the head out for the HT Farmboy Luke head, which I thought improved the figure even more as that head looks even better under the helmet and has superior paint apps.

Here's a couple height comparisons. Keep in mind that SS Han has been ported over to a slightly taller body if you can believe it (the prometheus 1.1 I think) than he originally came on, and then the Hot Toys Han I slightly reduced the height with smaller pegs, but then maybe the custom head sculpt adds some height--not sure there.

I think the Luke snowspeeder figure is obviously too tall, but then so is Bespin Luke and maybe the troopers are a tiny bit short if anything. HT has done a decent job on the height for their OT humans so far though.

DSC_0067.jpg
DSC_0069.jpg
DSC_0070.jpg
DSC_0071.jpg

Back