SSC Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seans odd, sure, but hes a true geek, one of us, so eh.

Plus no matter how bad he is, hes no optibotimus. Also glad to see he got his sideshow sponsorship back after all that shady ******** paul pulled, snake

no kidding. id rather watch Caitlyn Jenner talk about shoes and make up than watch one of opti "jazz hands" botimus' videos.

as for the body swap....does anyone know which one would be best. ive not ventured in to that territory before.

My X-Wing Luke is looking amazing after seeing these pics of the $270.00 figure, plus shipping, plus required spare body, unless you plan on displaying him alone.

Having a spare X-Wing Luke body, I will pick this one up when someone puts it up for sale at $200.00.

As for the YouTube reviewers, there are a quite a number of good ones out there, without all the drama or over the top presentations. I took a quick look at some of the reviews that I had saved in YouTube and found the following group of reviewers that I could recommend, some being fellow Sideshow Freaks members:

Kool Kollectibles, Danoby2, OneSixthScale , xenom0rph, DeanKnight333, John Carlos McMaster, Marlo Alquiza, Alpha Scale, dfuzeNL, Roscoe0583, Budget Stark, Clipper King, optical20, etc... I avoid any hand modeling or goofy acting reviewers, if possible...

Yeah, I'd agree -- by the time we actually have an HT pilot Luke in our hands, likely 2-3 years from now at best.

Assuming, HT previews such in about a year, and then its usually a good year to 14 months out until delivery, plus the usual 2 month delay.

So the question becomes: are you 3 years patient, or can you afford a place-holder at near $300 now?

Trying to work out the formula: $300 Cost now, plus yelling from wife, plus 2 weeks sleeping on sofa, less resale value $100...VS...no Pilot Luke with cool helmet and waiting 3 plus years.

Leaning towards buying earplugs and clearing the sofa at the moment. Although factoring in the cost of divorce might change things.

I'm still on the "want this" side...

However, if the body swap becomes an issue then that would be the killing joke. I don't want a Luke who is as tall as Han Solo on the shelf.

I want a pilot Luke but I'm also fairly certain HT will do this figure a year or so from now...

I'm also on the "want this" side.

I want this from Hot Toys !

Trying to work out the formula: $300 Cost now, plus yelling from wife, plus 2 weeks sleeping on sofa, less resale value $100...VS...no Pilot Luke with cool helmet and waiting 3 plus years.

Leaning towards buying earplugs and clearing the sofa at the moment. Although factoring in the cost of divorce might change things.

:lol

I'm also on the "want this" side.

I want this from Hot Toys !

:rotfl

lolololololol

Regarding the height, Sideshow is based in California right? Didn't they recent legalize pot? It could account for some of this.

The height is pretty inexcusable, though likely fixable. Hoth Luke had the same issue--in most cases they gave him the tall body and Han the short one.

The issue with switching the bodies however is the new ball jointed system they're using for the boots. If Luke is like Temple of Doom Indy they use a ball joint that is attached to the bottom of the leg and a socket in the shoe portion.

Also, what the heck is up with that convertible lightsaber? Was it more cost effective to make a two-part lightsaber hilt than to include an ignited and unignited lightsaber like they did with literally EVERY other lightsaber-weilding figure? It reminds me of when the over-engineered the X-Wing Pilot helmet and that crazy hair system they did for X-Wing Luke rather than include an extra helmet. They must spend a fortune in R & D and then pass the savings over to us! ;)

no kidding. id rather watch Caitlyn Jenner talk about shoes and make up than watch one of opti "jazz hands" botimus' videos

harry-and-louis-04.gif

The Luke X-Wing body was normal Luke sized and had the ball jointed system, so maybe the pegs are the same. It's not clear to me that the paint apps are as nice as the Indy figure. Hoping for some better photos. That youtube video was pretty washed out, hard to see the paint detail.

Also, what the heck is up with that convertible lightsaber? Was it more cost effective to make a two-part lightsaber hilt than to include an ignited and unignited lightsaber like they did with literally EVERY other lightsaber-weilding figure? It reminds me of when the over-engineered the X-Wing Pilot helmet

:lol I noticed that too. Couldn't figure out the point at this scale.

Wow! I noticed a lot of activity in this thread and I thought people were starting to get their figures so I came to see how Luke turned out and to my disgust I'm going through post after post of people making disparaging comments about fellow collectors. I get the whole complaining thing about companies when something doesn't turn out right, but insulting a fellow fan because they don't talk like you, don't have the same mannerisms as you or don't act like you is childish. No one who is sharing their joy for this hobby deserves that kind of crap.

Wow! I noticed a lot of activity in this thread and I thought people were starting to get their figures so I came to see how Luke turned out and to my disgust I'm going through post after post of people making disparaging comments about fellow collectors. I get the whole complaining thing about companies when something doesn't turn out right, but insulting a fellow fan because they don't talk like you, don't have the same mannerisms as you or don't act like you is childish. No one who is sharing their joy for this hobby deserves that kind of crap.

I agree, sad that reviewers are getting slammed. If you don't like their videos then don't watch them.

Anyways back to the figure. But to me the arms looks a bit off. Maybe a bit too long but they look funny when they're hanging down the sides

Still no good photos of the head huh... looks bad in the video; but the lighting and quality of the video is not the most flattering.

Back