SSC Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If this is the final figure, I'll be happy with it. The hands maybe look a bit big, but overall I like what I'm seeing. Give it to me.

Why would they take such awful photos of this figure and put them up on their website, when they've taken better pics of other stuff?

Almost seems like they've got something to hide.
Yeah. Also notice how they don't have the second sculpt on display by the figure at all. Seems a bit fishy that they seemingly went out of their way to put up a poor image of the helmeted sculpt and aren't displaying the other at all.

If this is the final figure, I'll be happy with it. The hands maybe look a bit big, but overall I like what I'm seeing. Give it to me.

It's hard to judge the hands because they have rammed the gauntlets too far up onto them on the displayed fig (as usual awful futzing from Sideshow.) Pulled back a bit, the gauntlets would be thinner (as seen on the proto) and the hands might seem a bit smaller.

Though SSC has had major issues with hand sizes - Han and Luke Hoth, TOD Indy and even the old Snowie all had oversized hands. The ATAT driver was a bit better, but I'm not a fan of the sculpts they did for the ATAT driver and TIE pilot hands - they look to be chiseled out of stone or something. Unfortunately they reused that sculpt for the Snowie Commander.

Yeah. Also notice how they don't have the second sculpt on display by the figure at all. Seems a bit fishy that they seemingly went out of their way to put up a poor image of the helmeted sculpt and aren't displaying the other at all.

Yeah, it is a very glaring omission (given it ships in a month) and somewhat suspicious - though I don't think they have anything to be embarrassed about with the helmeted head that was on display - it looks great. Though even the awful Red Five Luke head looked great in the helmet (another head that had a spectacular proto and an awful prod head.)

Looks promising but my vote is still out until I see some genuine in hand pics from people here who actually have it.

At $270, everyone should wait for in-hand. The price is insulting. I dumped all my RP on it, but about 75% of that wasn't through purchases, so I don't feel like it was my money.

I love this outfit so buying wasn't really optional and I also thought this would be a good "farewell to Sideshow" figure.

I also have a full load of RPs ready to spend to get this Luke -- which was the plan all along -- but I won't burn those points if the figure comes out with a wonky head or subpar outfit. Not for $270... even if they're were mostly free, it's still costs $270 that I could spend on something else.

It's hard to judge the hands because they have rammed the gauntlets too far up onto them on the displayed fig (as usual awful futzing from Sideshow.) Pulled back a bit, the gauntlets would be thinner (as seen on the proto) and the hands might seem a bit smaller.

Though SSC has had major issues with hand sizes - Han and Luke Hoth, TOD Indy and even the old Snowie all had oversized hands. The ATAT driver was a bit better, but I'm not a fan of the sculpts they did for the ATAT driver and TIE pilot hands - they look to be chiseled out of stone or something. Unfortunately they reused that sculpt for the Snowie Commander.

Yeah, it is a very glaring omission (given it ships in a month) and somewhat suspicious - though I don't think they have anything to be embarrassed about with the helmeted head that was on display - it looks great. Though even the awful Red Five Luke head looked great in the helmet (another head that had a spectacular proto and an awful prod head.)

I can see what you mean about the gauntlets. They do look wide on this display figure. Hopefully if the hands and gauntlet part are applied properly they will look better proportioned. And I've indeed noticed the issue with Sideshow's hand sizes on some of their figures. I don't see why they would keep doing that.

I'm thinking this will be OK to display with helmet on. So head sculpt doesn't really matter.

I'll wait for Hot Toys Jedi Luke for the figure to display with proper Luke head sculpt.....I hope.

Thanks Parrasmaniac !!

Thanks for the shots.
Adjusted the level - that's all I could pull out of the shadows.
image.jpg
SSC ROGUE LUKE LEVELS ADJUSTED.jpg

I can see what you mean about the gauntlets. They do look wide on this display figure. Hopefully if the hands and gauntlet part are applied properly they will look better proportioned. And I've indeed noticed the issue with Sideshow's hand sizes on some of their figures. I don't see why they would keep doing that.

SSC balance it out by giving little girl hands to their Tusken and Biker Scout figs, and no-thumb garden rakes to their 3PO.:dunno:lol

So still no decent pictures of this figure? Wow.. I thought people would be snap happy with this guy.

Can't believe there is such a lack of pictures from celebration of this. Seems as though no ones really interested in it?!

Can't believe there is such a lack of pictures from celebration of this. Seems as though no ones really interested in it?!

Not just this figure - I couldn't find many pics of the Sideshow booth at all across all the major SW collecting sites.

SSC balance it out by giving little girl hands to their Tusken and Biker Scout figs, and no-thumb garden rakes to their 3PO.:dunno:lol

Yeah I don't quite understand some of these choices. A happy middle would be much better lol.

SS site has the shipping box dimensions and shipping quote so should be shipping soon.

That sounds good. I'll be waiting for the email from them saying shipping soon. Really looking forward to it.

Yeah I don't quite understand some of these choices. A happy middle would be much better lol.

That sounds good. I'll be waiting for the email from them saying shipping soon. Really looking forward to it.

Yeah, I'm pretty excited to see how this one came out. I will say though - very weird they didn't show the extra head, and probably doesn't bode well.

But then again... leaving out the head intentionally (because it didn't turn out good) would make it seem like Sideshow really thought it through. But looking at their Snowtrooper Commander proves they didn't think through anything about their Celebration display - at all.

So now I'm back to feeling okay about the Luke fig again.:lol

I found a video!

let's see...

https://youtu.be/KtUZzKavHxE

Yeah, saw that one already. I went through all the sites - Fwoosh, Rebelscum, YodasNews etc - they had Gentle Giant's, Anovos', Koto's booths plus everyone elses'... but no Sideshow. If I was working at SSC, I'd consider that to be a really ominous thing.

Back