SSC Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thing a lot of people don't mention about the prices compared to Hot Toys is that Sideshow mark them up. The average new HT is about $170 USD in HK, sometimes less. Sideshow adds about $50 markup BUT they of course buy them wholesale so they are making much more than $50 a figure on HT.

Therefore since these Sideshow figures are produced by Sideshow there is no middleman and they don't pay a penny to HT so they should be selling them in the US for around the same price HT sells their figures in HK right? HT sells their own figures cheap in their market and add a hety premium selling Sideshow figures in HK because they are imports for them.

So with that in mind Sideshow could be selling this Luke for around $200 and still make more profit they would if it were a HT figure. Cheaper figures mean more sales and happier customers. I just don't get their strategy anymore. When they were the only ones who had the SW license they could get away with it but not anymore. Who wants to pay more for an inferior product?

what accessories :dunno :slap

Ummm...are you looking at the same figure I am?

Not counting the new jacket....

1) Blaster
2) Unlit Lightsaber hilt
3) Lit Lightsaber hilt
4) Weapons Belt with holster
5) EXTRA HEAD
6) Ungloved hands w seperate gloves (Sideshow Exclusive)
7) Extra hands

I'm sorry if I'm seeming sarcastic....but I DO get a little tired of people here doing nothing but complaining ALL THE FREAKING TIME. Yes, I agree it's too expensive...and I think it's fair to point out your feelings about a given release....but I almost never see anything related to the positive aspects of these figures from people here anymore. I'm sorry...but just in my own opinion.... I think this figure LOOKS very nice, head sculpt and all. I think they got Mark Hamill's look from the ESB....or from any other movie...as close as anyone has to date. The detail on the (yes....) included accessories looks nice and the outfit looks well tailored. Using as many rewards points as possible....I'm going to get this awesome looking figure and be happy with it and I encourage anyone else who does the same to post as many things as you LIKE about it as you dislike. If that's impossible....why do you even still collect these things?

Last edited:
Ordered. I think this is a solid set and great looking figure. Yes the grapnel gun would have been nice but I'll just pose him with blaster in hand. I told myself I wasn't going to buy any more human figures from SSC. But after the new Indy and now this, I've decided to give them another chance. I'm going to leave the helmet on him anyway so I'm not all that concerned with the head sculpt.

The tailoring looks outstanding and that's what tipped things for me. That jacket looks perfect. I'll be sourcing a Hot Toys saber and hilt since the Sideshow blade looks like warped garbage.

Like everyone else I'm disgusted with the price on this but after using a good chunk of rewards, the damage isn't so bad. Besides, if I were to try and kitbash this I'd probably spend over $300. I'm really hoping Sideshow comes through on this figure so I can start to look forward to their products again, instead of thinking "I wish Hot Toys was doing this." Who knows, maybe they'll even add a couple more necessary accessories before release. Seriously, no grapnel gun?

Why are people saying it doesn't include a stand? It says so right in the accessories list. And it's shown, very poorly lit in this pic. I lightened it up. Or do you mean a dio stand?

Dont know about others but I was wanting a dio stand, or at least one of those snow or dagobah themed covers tgat slide over the stands

I can't believe they didn't include the full lagoon that he clearly jumped into in the movie. To not have that is insane!

tumblr_mjnwojUEmZ1s67vyfo8_250.gif

Ummm...are you looking at the same figure I am?

Not counting the new jacket....

1) Blaster
2) Unlit Lightsaber hilt
3) Lit Lightsaber hilt
4) Weapons Belt with holster
5) EXTRA HEAD
6) Ungloved hands w seperate gloves (Sideshow Exclusive)
7) Extra hands

I'm sorry if I'm seeming sarcastic....but I DO get a little tired of people here doing nothing but complaining ALL THE FREAKING TIME. Yes, I agree it's too expensive...and I think it's fair to point out your feelings about a given release....but I almost never see anything related to the positive aspects of these figures from people here anymore. I'm sorry...but just in my own opinion.... I think this figure LOOKS very nice, head sculpt and all. I think they got Mark Hamill's look from the ESB....or from any other movie...as close as anyone has to date. The detail on the (yes....) included accessories looks nice and the outfit looks well tailored. Using as many rewards points as possible....I'm going to get this awesome looking figure and be happy with it and I encourage anyone else who does the same to post as many things as you LIKE about it as you dislike. If that's impossible....why do you even still collect these things?

Well, it's a bit like looking at something amazing through a store window though isn't it?

Yes, it looks amazing, but if there's a barrier between you and it, preventing you from ever touching it, then I'm guessing the complaints about the barrier are going outweigh the comments about the beauty of the object, right?

It's wonderful you have the $270 plus shipping - seriously. Because you want it and can pay to have that barrier removed. Others don't though - and want it just as much as you do. Hence - threads that go down like this one (and get locked like this one will.)

Yeah, we hear all the "cost of Disney license" "increasing costs in China" stuff over and over (just guesses really) but NOTHING comes close to explaining why this standard Sideshow figure is approaching $300. When the directly comparable Sideshow figure from eighteen months ago - Luke Hoth - that came with MORE (yes, THREE headsculpts including the EX, plus terrain-stand) was SEVENTY DOLLARS less. And that had NO re-use of parts like this Snowspeeder Luke does.

So yeah, it does become harder to judge and discuss the figure solely on its aesthetic merits. We're in a new era where the headsculpts are way better (HT more so than SSC) but the prices are double, triple or quadruple what they were depending on when you started collecting. And yes, the outfit, weapons and accessories from the very first Sideshow SW figure - Luke Jedi - are pretty much as good as anything SSC would produce today. Yes, yes - that's ten years ago. I know, Carter was president and you could buy a new car for $500. But yes, it was $50.

So... there's gonna be some negativity.:dunno

Pass for me as I see Hot Toys giving us something better down the road. Seems like SSC is trying to push out whatever they can to make a buck but in my opinion not worth the $ they're asking. Sure it will get discounted or possibly find a better deal down the road. The hype has everyone hurrying to buy but they have years to improve and push out better versions. Just my simple opinion but almost $300. for this is crazy.

Yeah, we hear all the "cost of Disney license" "increasing costs in China" stuff over and over (just guesses really) but NOTHING comes close to explaining why this standard Sideshow figure is approaching $300. When the directly comparable Sideshow figure from eighteen months ago - Luke Hoth - that came with MORE (yes, THREE headsculpts including the EX, plus terrain-stand) was SEVENTY DOLLARS less. And that had NO re-use of parts like this Snowspeeder Luke does.

I'm not defending the price cause it's ludicrous, but in quoting SS, that $200 was before the Disney "renegotiation." And Hoth Luke, regular, came with the same amount of heads as this regular one does and shared parts with Han Hoth (head gear, boots, hands, binocs, and had similar gauntlets and blasters and pants).

I'm not defending the price cause it's ludicrous, but in quoting SS, that $200 was before the Disney "renegotiation." And Hoth Luke, regular, came with the same amount of heads as this regular one does and shared parts with Han Hoth (head gear, boots, hands, binocs, and had similar gauntlets and blasters and pants).

Well, it's pretty clear that the "renegotiation" was not the truth, as Ash and Beetlejuice both have the same insane price, and are not under the Disney umbrella. And it's not like Hot Toy's prices suddenly took a huge jump either.

There is not any real truth in the price increase other than "they want to".

Back