SSC Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure what question you were answering in all that rage... but I didn't say that this site is a good indication of Sideshow's success. I said its a good indication of the hobby. The hobby seems very healthy. I agree, this site has very... "nitpicky" members, but I imagine most if not all people who collect figures are OCD like that. No company survives on the occasional walk-by who says that looks cool and buys it. Once. They need committed buyers. And everyone here is committed... or should be.

Not sure what people think "mainstream" is out there, but very few people spend $300 on a toy doll. Except collectors.

With all the complaints, you're still here... since 2006. :)

But the people here are not necessarily customers anymore are they? Fans yes, customers no

Ssc priced me out, I had everything up to a year and a half ago, and now nothing.

They're still in business so they must be doing something right

After tax and shipping we're looking at $300+....oh man....

Originally, $1000 worth of Sideshow figs could fill a Detolf, then it soon became only enough to fill a couple of shelves... we're now approaching $1000 buying you three Sideshow figures standing in back of a single shelf.

Detolfs filled with figures will soon become collateral for home loans.:lol

Originally, $1000 worth of Sideshow figs could fill a Detolf, then it soon became only enough to fill a couple of shelves... we're now approaching $1000 buying you three Sideshow figures standing in back of a single shelf.

Detolfs filled with figures will soon become collateral for home loans.:lol

The prices are going to kill some of the more obscure but beloved character figures I'm afraid. For example members here often clamor for a Tarkin and a Dooku. I doubt hot toys would make either which leaves it up to ssc. By the time they get around to it both could be $300+. How many people are willing to pay that much for b-list characters?

I feel like Luke in ths gif.

4274722-8194852239-ml7xR.gif

The prices are going to kill some of the more obscure but beloved character figures I'm afraid. For example members here often clamor for a Tarkin and a Dooku. I doubt hot toys would make either which leaves it up to ssc. By the time they get around to it both could be $300+. How many people are willing to pay that much for b-list characters?

I'm realizing if I want the "obscure but beloved" figures like Hoth Rebel, Jabba's goons etc, I'm going to have to make them myself. I waited and waited and finally gave up on the idea that Sideshow would ever make a Ree Yees, so I made one myself - and it's one of my favorite figures on display and is about as good as Sideshow's would be anyway.

And you used to be able to say "I saved myself $125".... but "I saved myself $270" sounds much more satisfying and worth your time. Fortunately there are a lot of options for customizers (there has probably never been a better time to be a 1/6 customizer,) it's just finding the time to make them.

I'm realizing if I want the "obscure but beloved" figures like Hoth Rebel, Jabba's goons etc, I'm going to have to make them myself. I waited and waited and finally gave up on the idea that Sideshow would ever make a Ree Yees, so I made one myself - and it's one of my favorite figures on display and is about as good as Sideshow's would be anyway.

And you used to be able to say "I saved myself $125".... but "I saved myself $270" sounds much more satisfying and worth your time. Fortunately there are a lot of options for customizers (there has probably never been a better time to be a 1/6 customizer,) it's just finding the time to make them.

Good point about the savings, gone are the days of $135 tusken raiders. I lack the skills for the more complex custom projects but I have done a couple bashes that I like. I don't have enough space for a lot of projects anyway. Maybe someday. Probably when I retire, I hate golf.

So this figure is practically a year away. Damn, why so long SS? With the prices you're charging surely you could speed up production!

Darth Fok said:
So this figure is practically a year away. Damn, why so long SS? With the prices you're charging surely you could speed up production!

Because in a year this will seem like a cheap figure. :lol

This new pricing has got me scared. I was willing to wait and see if a new Lando would be released, and decided to pick up the Sideshow version instead as I found one at a good price. Also think I will get the Medciom Yoda while it is still affordable.

So the price wasnt an april fools joke? damn

My LCS was able to get me an ex so looks like im a sucker. these will be the last dollars Sidesow ever gets from me so they better enjoy it

Back