SSC Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw on the sideshow website that they're doing second releases of certain figures like Darth Maul. Maybe this one will be in the works?

It still amazes me why they don't do another run of alien figures like Hammerhead, Tusken Raider etc. These are figures that would still sell well, don't have human head sculpts (known SS problem area) and would fit with the Jabba release. They are also not mega complex from the costume side.

Easy money SS, easy money.

It still amazes me why they don't do another run of alien figures like Hammerhead, Tusken Raider etc. These are figures that would still sell well, don't have human head sculpts (known SS problem area) and would fit with the Jabba release. They are also not mega complex from the costume side.

I think that it’s worth noticing that the bounty hunters (that has way more mass appeal than Momaw Nadon) were only made in an edition of 2000 (if they ever actually made that many). A couple of those are still available. So saying that doing another production run is easy money is probably not true when it comes down to such low numbers. There just aren’t that many high end collectors for those niche figures. Snowspeeder Luke might be a much better seller, but overall I think there’s no easy money in this business unless you produce HT Darth Vader V5.

Yeah, you're probably right. But surely they could make one more just for me :lol

Still, if there ever was a time, now with Jabba would be it.

Greedo would make the most sense.
Long time ago since his initial release. The most iconic alien from the cantina, and with the release of Solo, he would tie in nicely for Sideshow promotion.

Greedo would make the most sense.
Long time ago since his initial release. The most iconic alien from the cantina, and with the release of Solo, he would tie in nicely for Sideshow promotion.

I guess it's a spolier-tag answer, but is Greedo in Solo? I thought it was deemed too "obvious" like Jabba.

I think a second run is a strong possibility. Try to resist paying aftermarket prices (for any figure, really). Even if SS doesn't do another batch, HT is likely to get to it eventually.

I think a second run is a strong possibility. Try to resist paying aftermarket prices (for any figure, really). Even if SS doesn't do another batch, HT is likely to get to it eventually.

That thinking is the only thing that has stopped me ordering the Biker Scout from SSC. I must admit I'm just leaning towards getting it and waiting out any future HT release. I was thinking an imminent Scout figure would have appeared at the same time as Luke and Leia Endor.

With that in mind I'm wondering if the comments on the ROTJ Luke about compatibility with future accessories is making HT rethink their release of a completely new Endor Luke and going for an add-on pack similar to the Iron Man thing someone posted.

That thinking is the only thing that has stopped me ordering the Biker Scout from SSC. I must admit I'm just leaning towards getting it and waiting out any future HT release. I was thinking an imminent Scout figure would have appeared at the same time as Luke and Leia Endor.

With that in mind I'm wondering if the comments on the ROTJ Luke about compatibility with future accessories is making HT rethink their release of a completely new Endor Luke and going for an add-on pack similar to the Iron Man thing someone posted.

I don’t think Hot Toys will release niche characters where the market is already exhausted when there’s so many other main characters or very old releases that they can go for. I might be wrong as HT really likes troopers, but sounds like bad business. So I would feel pretty confident buying the SSC scout trooper.

I don't know, slikkerias. Like you said, HT likes troopers, and the Scout Trooper is high on everyone's lists. They did the Snowtrooper, and the Luke and Leia Endor troopers have been shown and are hopefully going to be put up for pre order this year. They also have Jedi Luke, the Emperor and his guards coming out so they seem to be running through the ROTJ figures now. I think it's a good bet HT will do a Scoutie.

That said, if Sideshow beats HT to the punch, then by all means go ahead and get it. I have it and I think it's one of Sideshow's best (despite some inaccuracies). But personally if I didn't have Sideshow's, I would hold out for a HT version which to me seems inevitable and soon-ish.

I’d buy the Endor Luke and/or an accessory pack in addition to the Jedi Luke. Can never have enough Lukes.
376874911707036ff3d37ae404623d13.jpg

I don’t think Hot Toys will release niche characters where the market is already exhausted when there’s so many other main characters or very old releases that they can go for. I might be wrong as HT really likes troopers, but sounds like bad business. So I would feel pretty confident buying the SSC scout trooper.
I would think Hot Toys will make a Scout. They’ve done the other major Original Trilogy Troopers so I don’t see why they’d skip it. I think the days of doing every Trooper variant under the sun might be over or at least they’ll make less of some of the variants but I think they’ll still do the major ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would think Hot Toys will make a Scout. They’ve done the other major Original Trilogy Troopers so I don’t see why they’d skip it. I think the days of doing every Trooper variant under the sun might be over or at least they’ll make less of some of the variants but I think they’ll still do the major ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes eventually. But not for the next few years now that SSC has their second run on preorder. But again, I could be wrong.

[emoji51] I just bought the Hoth Luke...
looks good! But that snowspeeder Luke is a kit bash of the DX07, SSC x-wing and Hasbro?

Yes and no. The snow Speeder Luke had no Sideshow parts beyond the Yavin Luke Jacket. This was before the SSC X-Wing Luke came out.
Hasbro:
Flightsuit
Flack vest
Life support
Belts/Straps
Collar from Hoth Vest

SSC:
Yavin Luke Jacket dyed

HT DX07:
Head
Body
Boots
Hands

I was waiting for rewards to clear before ordering the SSC snowspeeder Luke when they sold out. Got on the waitlist but never converted.

So based on the last several pages of posts that have people clamoring for a re-release of this figure, you guys realize that he'll be priced just North of $270.00, right?

I’d buy the Endor Luke and/or an accessory pack in addition to the Jedi Luke. Can never have enough Lukes.
376874911707036ff3d37ae404623d13.jpg

:love

So based on the last several pages of posts that have people clamoring for a re-release of this figure, you guys realize that he'll be priced just North of $270.00, right?

And no second head (though it isn't great anyway.)

I don't know, slikkerias. Like you said, HT likes troopers, and the Scout Trooper is high on everyone's lists. They did the Snowtrooper, and the Luke and Leia Endor troopers have been shown and are hopefully going to be put up for pre order this year. They also have Jedi Luke, the Emperor and his guards coming out so they seem to be running through the ROTJ figures now. I think it's a good bet HT will do a Scoutie.

That said, if Sideshow beats HT to the punch, then by all means go ahead and get it. I have it and I think it's one of Sideshow's best (despite some inaccuracies). But personally if I didn't have Sideshow's, I would hold out for a HT version which to me seems inevitable and soon-ish.

I am waiting patiently for a Hot Toys Scout.

Hope that and General Veers are shown at SDCC (with pre orders live quickly, rather than waiting forever in the case of the Death Star Trooper!).

Back