SSC Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No shipping notice yet but I can't remember how long it takes for popcultcha to ship international. All I remember is being satisfied with their service the couple times I have ordered from them.

yeah i just looked and got the same email. hell I hope it don't take to long to ship this out. they should have known when they were doing these holiday sales they should have had a bunch of back room personal help on hand. I hope it does not get lost with all the delays.

Me either. I should get mine tomorrow.

Feeling strange about this one. Was a figure I wanted, them talked myself out of because of price. Also headsculpt is not the best, but the rest looks great. Bought as a totally unexpected impulse purchase as it was heavily reduced so very mixed feelings.

I think you’ll like it once it’s on the shelf. The tailoring is really nice and the helmet helps bring out the likeness (much like the x-Wing Luke). He is pretty tall though, so I’ve posed him in a slight crouch to lessen his height. I can post pics when I get home.
Gotta love those massive sales to catch those impulse buys!
Hope you enjoy the figure.[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you’ll like it once it’s on the shelf. The tailoring is really nice and the helmet helps bring out the likeness (much like the x-Wing Luke). He is pretty tall though, so I’ve posed him in a slight crouch to lessen his height. I can post pics when I get home.
Gotta love those massive sales to catch those impulse buys!
Hope you enjoy the figure.[emoji106]

Thanks mate. Yeah the sales bring out the worst in me :). But you can't neglect 30% off !!

nope specially when you see these going for mad money on the bay. so 30% off was they way to go as well for me instead of paying almost $400 I only paid $213 for mine.

Absolutely! Glad we could snag some bargains. I might start a side-fund for these sales next year.
ab30135292dde89ba01728381e5b9a81.jpg
8bf5b573b15c4ffcde279a2ac2991fbc.jpg

Nice pics!:clap

Great to see this fig landing in more collections. For a while it seemed like they made like a few dozen.:lol

Thanks! Yeah, I think the price kept a lot of collectors away. Way too high for what you get.

Well no, it was actually sold out at Sideshow before it even shipped - which I can't recall happening to many figs (at all) in the past few years, certainly not a Sideshow figure. This one wasn't like Luke X-Wing which had large numbers sitting unsold forever (and yeah, partly due to price - Luke X was $240 at a time when some figs were still sub-$200.)

What's been great is that some Luke Snowspeeders have shown up at a handful of retailers like PC and have coincidentally become available just when sales events are happening.

But yeah, my guess is the Sideshow sell-out happened only because they made about 25% of the number they made of Luke X-Wing - Luke Snowspeeder is a no-more-than-$220 figure for sure.

Wow I checked in this thread too late I guess. I was one of those on the fence wanting the figure but thinking the price was just too high. Of course when I finally decided I really did want it the figure was already sold out. Congrats to those that snagged one from PC! I just checked and couldn’t find any more so my hunt will go on. Chances are I will finally buy one and then Hot Toys will announce theirs.

Well no, it was actually sold out at Sideshow before it even shipped - which I can't recall happening to many figs (at all) in the past few years, certainly not a Sideshow figure. This one wasn't like Luke X-Wing which had large numbers sitting unsold forever (and yeah, partly due to price - Luke X was $240 at a time when some figs were still sub-$200.)

What's been great is that some Luke Snowspeeders have shown up at a handful of retailers like PC and have coincidentally become available just when sales events are happening.

But yeah, my guess is the Sideshow sell-out happened only because they made about 25% of the number they made of Luke X-Wing - Luke Snowspeeder is a no-more-than-$220 figure for sure.

Fair enough. Hadn’t realised the product numbers were low on this one. Very interesting.[emoji106]

I was happy when I got him for $213 from PC but who knows how long before it gets to me with there delays from these sales to even ship it out.

Fair enough. Hadn’t realised the product numbers were low on this one. Very interesting.[emoji106]

The price could have led to an extreme lack of pre-orders which could have been the reason they produced such low numbers of the figure. People expected it to be overproduced like everything else and sit around until it went on deep discount.

Sideshow seemed hell bent on overcharging for Luke in an orange suit. Both offerings were grossly overpriced at the time of release. They have since moved on to hollow blocks of plastic.

My snowspeeder Luke from popcultcha has a tracking number now, just no update. I'm guessing it will be here early next week.

Sideshow seemed hell bent on overcharging for Luke in an orange suit. Both offerings were grossly overpriced at the time of release. They have since moved on to hollow blocks of plastic.

My snowspeeder Luke from popcultcha has a tracking number now, just no update. I'm guessing it will be here early next week.

lucky you I hope I get one soon

popcultcha sent me an email that my snowspeeder luke has been shipped w/ tracking #. I`m glad I finally got to see what thee excitement was all about that I missed. kind of glad I waited since they had a good discount and they had plenty of these in stock.

Seen a couple of these on Ebay for $179.00. Not a bad price. Anyone that is looking to get one that missed out should take a look.

Back