SSC Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How hard do you think it would be to put the DX Luke head inside the SS helmet?

i dont think is really a thing you should do , the sculpt inside the helmet looks pretty good , the problem of this figure its the sculpt without helmet imo. but if you still want to mod the helmet with a ht head i have no idea how hard it will be , sorry. thanks for the kind words btw =)

How hard do you think it would be to put the DX Luke head inside the SS helmet?

I did this; I used the normal head and the hairpiece from the battle damaged head, but I had to cut it down slightly to get it to fit. Plenty of trial and error but it looks amazing.

I made a custom of him as I could not afford there after market prices. IMG_0291.jpg. I have made progress on him and this is an old picture have not had time to take a new photo yet. but I padded him up since this was taken.

i dont think is really a thing you should do , the sculpt inside the helmet looks pretty good , the problem of this figure its the sculpt without helmet imo. but if you still want to mod the helmet with a ht head i have no idea how hard it will be , sorry. thanks for the kind words btw =)

I know what you mean (it does have a bit of "Dumb and Dumber" to the hair and is a bit dead-eyes as others have said,) but the unhelmeted sculpt can be modded to look decent. Still not HT level, but I like it enough to display it now. Not sure if you saw it, but I posted my modded unhelmeted head maybe a month ago...

I'm currently experimenting with various tweaks to the hair and face on the unhelmeted sculpt - may try some lighter highlights on the hair (but all the HT Lukes have fairly dark hair.) This is a scratch-built version of the unique "Muppet Show" style blaster he is holding in that shot, not the regular blaster that came with the figure (people may not have noticed, but the balster that came with this fig is an all-new sculpt, not the same one released with Luke Hoth.) This is the WIP under flat/bright lighting:

1I2kI9w.jpg

I will. I like him so far. the jacket is all scratch built I don't know if the jacket color is correct but who cares looks good to me.

:impatient::lol

I know what you mean (it does have a bit of "Dumb and Dumber" to the hair and is a bit dead-eyes as others have said,) but the unhelmeted sculpt can be modded to look decent. Still not HT level, but I like it enough to display it now. Not sure if you saw it, but I posted my modded unhelmeted head maybe a month ago...

:impatient::lol

looking much better with the mods for sure , but i dont know i just dont care much for the normal sculpt. having the helmet on is exactly the way i wanted to display this figure =P

Another issue with this fig is that the chestbox is about 20% undersized (also, too square and not enough vertically rectangular)- I built a new chestbox because it was so glaring to me.

It's a problem on the Luke X too, but not as noticeable because that figure is much skinnier/smaller looking without the snow gear.

Thanks I was just thinking " oh I wish I got some snow base for this figure... oh wait I got two inside the box still [emoji23] " and the base under is from TFA Luke
Cocoboloboy on these boards could fix you up with a real nice custom snow display stand with name plate. You should check out his work.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

While watching ESB yesterday I was amused seeing the black strap on Luke's chin cup flip from being on the outside and then on the inside the whole time he was in this outfit. Mostly it was on the inside while in the Snowspeeder and then mostly on the outside during the AT-AT scene. While in the X-Wing I believe it was mostly inside the chin cup. I think the intention though was for the strap to be on the inside of the chin cup because it was that way most often.
Unfortunately, I can't stop noticing the continuity error while watching ESB! It takes me completely out of the movie. :banghead Maybe another 20 viewings will reset my brain. :lol

Cannot believe how much this guy costs on eBay. Bummed. I wanted a Dagobah landing Luke to display with Yoda. I hate having Yoda on a shelf with no other figures.

Back