SSC Jason Voorhees Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd prefer two heads. One masked one not. There's too much the could go wrong with a removable mask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On that forum, somebody asked the poster about the photos.

The answer is confusing in translation:

neca posted it to see. The landlord did not send the whole feeling on the hair here , but yesterday I asked a merchant , in the end he did not understand what all the ordinary version of the accessories.

NECA?

I can't access the second page because it asks you to sign in.

EDIT: got the second page through Google:

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/4545914329?pn=2

On the second page, with reference to the email from Sideshow delaying the figure:

According to foreign forum latest news , foreigners have received sideshow of e-mail notification , check the mailbox to see if the landlord does not receive , Jason's ship date from January to March next year was changed from March to May , foreigners will likely speculate sideshow Jason mask becomes detachable .

Why specifically "foreigners"?

Were the unmasked photos a Chinese in-joke?

Was it a repainted and photoshopped NECA sculpt?

neca-jason-unmasked-4.jpg

On that forum, somebody asked the poster about the photos.

The answer is confusing in translation:

NECA?

I can't access the second page because it asks you to sign in.

EDIT: got the second page through Google:

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/4545914329?pn=2

On the second page, with reference to the email from Sideshow delaying the figure:

Why specifically "foreigners"?

Were the unmasked photos a Chinese in-joke?

Was it a repainted and photoshopped NECA sculpt?

neca-jason-unmasked-4.jpg

The man who asked the question in the Hot Toys collectors' bar about where these pics from is me, my ID is "微笑神秘访客" , the guy replied me he saw these pics in the NECA collectors' bar,so I went to NECA collectors bar to ask the initial poster where did he get these pics, he replied me he saw these pics in the weibo.com(Chinese's "facebook"). Here is the NECA collectors' bar https://tieba.baidu.com/p/4545370947?pid=89604372063&cid=0#89604372063 . And here is weibo.com. https://www.weibo.com/u/2023916121?is_all=1

I'd prefer two heads. One masked is battle damage version , and the other one is clean face version with a removable mask (the pic below).

[1982]Friday the 13th Part 3 [1982][15-05-29].JPG

SS, please fix the BODY, it's not strong enough, this Jason is too SKINNY , especially its WAIST. Jason in the film is very STRONG. Can somebody help to inform SS these suggestions?

01 (1).jpg

The man who asked the question in the Hot Toys collectors' bar about where these pics from is me, my ID is "微笑神秘访客" , the guy replied me he saw these pics in the NECA collectors' bar,so I went to NECA collectors bar to ask the initial poster where did he get these pics, he replied me he saw these pics in the weibo.com(Chinese's "facebook"). Here is the NECA collectors' bar https://tieba.baidu.com/p/4545370947?pid=89604372063&cid=0#89604372063 . And here is weibo.com. https://www.weibo.com/u/2023916121?is_all=1

It's all very mysterious, Smiling Mystery Shopper!

I can't find my way around weibo.

I tried searching for 贾森 !

It's all very mysterious, Smiling Mystery Shopper!

I can't find my way around weibo.

I tried searching for 贾森 !

You should try to searching for 杰森(Simplified Chinese) or 傑森(Traditional Chinese). This is the right translation for Jason in Chinese.

You should try to searching for 杰森(Simplified Chinese) or 傑森(Traditional Chinese). This is the right translation for Jason in Chinese.

It seems like too much effort finding the source. Chinese Facebook seems as awkward as non-Chinese Facebook.

It's a shame the link the NECA guy gave was to a set of photos stored on the NECA site.

I think I found the source page, but it only allows you to scroll so far down before (I think) asking for some security code.

https://www.weibo.com/u/2023916121?is_hot=1#_loginLayer_1464511647422

IF the delay is caused by SS deciding to add the extra head...it would be a COLOSSAL mistake for them as a company.....I know I know you all think its a good thing.....

BUT

If they have to take into consideration every outcry from purchasers they should just not produce anything without floating it through a bunch of focus groups.....and we all know when that happens you get a watered down mess that tries to please everyone , while pleasing no one....

What a fun ride it will be if they decide to add the head and lessen the quality of the rest of the figure....and if it does not come close to what everyone has set up in there "perfect world, dream state, fantasy"....SS will have to listen to that ***** fest too.....

It's a no win for them.....they should release it as they already planned....

giphy.gif

Yeah, agreed. I can't see the delay being because they want to make less profit than they initially forecasted. They've been consistent that the extra goodies were chopped to keep the price down, so adding stuff for free or increasing the price to cover it are both non-starters, I would think. I'm happy with the figure and I'm sure there will be custom options available once this is released.

IF the delay is caused by SS deciding to add the extra head...it would be a COLOSSAL mistake for them as a company.....I know I know you all think its a good thing.....

BUT

If they have to take into consideration every outcry from purchasers they should just not produce anything without floating it through a bunch of focus groups.....and we all know when that happens you get a watered down mess that tries to please everyone , while pleasing no one....

What a fun ride it will be if they decide to add the head and lessen the quality of the rest of the figure....and if it does not come close to what everyone has set up in there "perfect world, dream state, fantasy"....SS will have to listen to that ***** fest too.....

It's a no win for them.....they should release it as they already planned....

I completely disagree. It would provide a better, more complete quality product. And that should be the #1 goal every time for any company that takes pride in its work.

You're over-thinking it.

I can't believe people think SS is revising this figure to add the other headsculpt. Dream on!

I can't believe people think SS is revising this figure to add the other headsculpt. Dream on!

Oh, I don't think that's the reason behind the delay. This entire product announcement has been weird and disconcerting since the beginning. It figures there would be a delay ALREADY.

I completely disagree. It would provide a better, more complete quality product. And that should be the #1 goal every time for any company that takes pride in its work.

You're over-thinking it.

Wouldn't be the first time......
giphy.gif

I actually think the pushback is because they got WAY more PO's than expected....at least I hope that's why. Might be a great thing for the diversity in the hobby.

Wouldn't be the first time......
giphy.gif
:lol :lol

I actually think the pushback is because they got WAY more PO's than expected....at least I hope that's why. Might be a great thing for the diversity in the hobby.

Possible, but I doubt it as it only has an Edition Size of 1000 and is still readily available.

It's certainly interesting to see it delayed that quickly, especially coming off the delayed announcement/pre-order. Something odd has been going on with this product.

The most likely scenario is that whoever entered the product data in their CMS entered the wrong date, and then the info was corrected, it triggered the notification e-mails.

Back