SSC Jason Voorhees Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know a lot don't like 5 because it isn't Jason but I thought it was good.

The reason I don't like 5 isn't because it's not Jason, it's the lack of creativity and gratituous violence that is so prominent in the other films. Almost every kill in that movie happens off camera or as a cut away to another scene.

Watching these movies growing up, for me, it was all about looking forward to the next kill throughout them; how Jason was going to take his next victim. Without that, or those events being downplayed, it just doesn't feel like a Friday movie. That is why it's my least favorite.

My favorite is always Friday the 13th part 1-4. Liked part 6 because of a touch of comedy in it. And I didn't like the rest of them. Jason as a zombie wasn't that appealing to me. I liked him as a human with deformed face. That made him much more scarier and more realistic. Then again I'm from an older generation and I appreciate the earlier parts of a franchise much more.

Going to pre order this tomorrow regardless of the price.

My thoughts exactly, on all of the above. :D

Any idea what time he'll be popping up on SS, or he going to surprise everyone as usual? Classic Jason.

Even taking the twist from part 5 out of the equation, it is a very weak entry from a basic filmmaking standpoint. As yan says, there isn't much suspense or tension. I would levy a similar complaint against part 7.

1-4 are the tops for me too. After those they stopped showing penetration during the kills. Slacked on special effect makeup and just cut away before the actual kill. I enjoy and watch every single one of the F13 movies though. There aren't any that I dislike.

I have a special spot for part 6, because it's just more fun than most others somehow. But I agree that 1-4 are the best from a filmmaking standpoint (not that that's saying too much with this franchise :lol )

I've seen people crapping on part 2, and don't agree with that. I think it's a solid slasher horror movie, and love how it throws you off-balance right out the gate.

I haven't watched anything past pt. 5 in years. I have the complete Blu Ray collection and never bothered to watch Jason X ever

I have great memories of the originals as a kid. I remember the first one I saw was pt.3 on HBO in around 1983, so I was around 7. I was so pumped to see it because the ads I saw in the paper of how it was in 3D had me so intrigued. I watched the entire thing scared s___less peeking from the doorway of the other room. That first experience sparked my love for horror.

Prolly years off like Ash was.

giphy.gif

The only movies in the series that I don't own or have any interest in re-watching are 5,9 and 10. We watch the others pretty often, especially 1 - 4.

Lots of Jason to look forward to between this going up for order and the PF coming pretty soon.:yess:

Looks like this isn't going up this week. The preview now just says coming soon and they got rid of the date. Just weird of Sideshow to do that.

Maybe already mentioned but Sideshow is going to be at Monsterpalooza starting Friday night. Maybe a Jason reveal here and also the Freddy PF?

Last edited:
Looks like this isn't going up this week. The preview now just says coming soon and they got rid of the date. Just weird of Sideshow to do that.

That sucks! I was really looking forward to it. [emoji30]

I wonder why...hopefully they realized that they could make him look much better or last minute tweaks here and there?

For me, Friday the 13th ends with the Final Chapter ( F13 parts 1-4) . The rest are a complete joke. Same as the Halloween movies. Halloween 1 and 2, then it ends for me after that.

Back