SSC Jason Voorhees Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something about that mask ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This just seems like a generic Jason figure to me... Mask looks very much like 2009 Remake, lack of bulk/size in shoulders (Richard Brooker wore football pads for the role) Shirt is wrong color, sleeves should be shorter ETC. The NECA Jason Part 3 figure(S) captures the overall likeness better IMO. Still keeping my Pre-Order of the Exclusive.

Awesome that he is finally making it out here. I hope mine ships soon. I PO'd the exclusive day 1!

Me as well...but looks like the release is very staggered and mainly going to people who ordered direct from Hong Kong......you would think SIDESHOW customers would be the first to get him....

While I agree he is pretty basic.....I would say the character is also pretty basic. Bulk can be added....more detail paint can be added.....this guy is just a customizers dream waiting to happen...

As for 210.....thats gonna seam cheap in a few more years.....the days of 150.00 figure is ending...snatch up those VTS products while you can!

Worst figure ever? That's a little harsh. Overpriced? Absolutely, but with some futzing and weathering I think it will look phenomenal.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Worst? That would be Hot Toys Drago. Look at that stellar likeness and head that is clearly too small for that long ol neck.

6336_press01-001.jpg

Their old $40 one looked much better. Better colour, more accurate body shape, better and removeable mask. This is not worth the money IMO.

Their old $40 one looked much better. Better colour, more accurate body shape, better and removeable mask. This is not worth the money IMO.
647aa303aa893153801b3af949768416.jpg
Yeah, because an oversized hock and giant Barbie buttons looks so much better. The only thing I did like about the older one is the seemless wrist.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I got respect for the old figure and I have him. As a matter of fact, I believe if it's your preference, it can be customized to be a real beaut[emoji1419]:
eb7223f7aa1ff98ce350ccb95254a0e3.jpg

d62fc936278925498ddccad8d3f36051.jpg

The bottom line here is that it looks like Jason and F13 fans should appreciate another Jason figure. I'll proudly display them both, one masked and one unmasked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that jacket is a work of art on the old one.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have always liked Jason and I have always wanted a decent 1/6 incarnation of him from any movie.
I have seen all of the Sideshow releases and this is the first one that appealed to me.
The only other figure of any scale I have that captures Jason for me is the 19" Neca release.
This one has just the right height and scale to pose with my 1/6 stuff.

Rick Grimes VS. Jason Voorhees a.k.a. The Ultimate Walker. :)
Deadpool and Jason conversing about Swords VS. Machetes. :yess:

I believe the new version has less of a doll like appearance when put side by side like pictured above. It could be better of course but, I will be proud to own it and for it to be my first horror 1/6 figure.

After watching Part III again yesterday, I think I'm ok with the bulk of this figure. In most scenes, he really doesn't look that bulky. He's big, and tall, but I don't think the proportions of the figure are that far off...

I use to own a bunch of the old Sideshow Jason's and comparing the old part 3 to this it's a huge step up I sold it because I saw a lot of flaws. You cannot compare old and new. $40 to $200 is different. But yes the price is definitely a bit high with the lack of stuff you get now but still I think this new release is awesome and looking forward to it. That's saying alot I really have been trashing sideshow lately with there sixth scale stuff because I still own alot of there older releases that were damn awesome for the time and the releases now these days are really a hit and miss. Glad I'm seeing some back on track with the scale.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back