SSC Helmeted Cobra Commander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Classic yes.

Might wanna just do a body swap. Nothing too fancy...maybe a TT Narrow. It's more poseable and proportionate than Sideshows

after doing a new body on Destro...it's not too far out of the realm of possibilities of doing more..it's just the having the extra money thing...lol

the suit that they did is really tight on the joes body...not sure what SSC was thinking...

Last edited:
Set up my Detolf with two sets of "changeable" LED lights from IKEA. I love using the red...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404817591.096797.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404817599.504295.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404817605.066244.jpg

(Sent from my iPhone5s using the Tapatalk app)

Yep, awesome Joe and Hot Toys collection. Can we get a closer look at your custom Recondo?

Here ya go. I still need to get a better hat for him......

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404842768.667629.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404842785.155447.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404842800.423683.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404842920.877422.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1404842938.827055.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1404842951.699083.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1404842984.877700.jpg

I used:
Sideshow Duke shirt
GIJoe blister card "Jungle adventure" pants (from sometime in the 90's? Definitely modern, but definitely modeled off of the 3&3/4" Recondo figure)
Sideshow Desert Cobra Sniper harness
Head/body was a German WWI figure (can't recall the name but if you're really interested I can try to find it)
Boots were basic, wrapped in thin cut linen to make the "Spatz"..
Rifle is an M-4, wrapped & glued in the same thin cut linen
Gun & Holster is some random 3rd party, found in the parts bin, superglued onto the harness
Machete is a saber of some sort, 3rd party, could do with a better replacement, like Stalker's Ghurka knife or something.

And I gotta swap out that hat someday.

Serious! Wow. I'd call and complain. Did anything break?!

Nothing broken, just missing the whole tray with all the accessories. No cape, no scepter, no extra hands, and no stand. First time anything has ever arrived with stuff missing.

Called Sideshow this morning, replacement parts are on the way :)

Nothing broken, just missing the whole tray with all the accessories. No cape, no scepter, no extra hands, and no stand. First time anything has ever arrived with stuff missing.

Called Sideshow this morning, replacement parts are on the way :)

That's good to hear.

Here ya go. I still need to get a better hat for him......

View attachment 119301

View attachment 119302

View attachment 119303

View attachment 119304View attachment 119305View attachment 119306View attachment 119307

I used:
Sideshow Duke shirt
GIJoe blister card "Jungle adventure" pants (from sometime in the 90's? Definitely modern, but definitely modeled off of the 3&3/4" Recondo figure)
Sideshow Desert Cobra Sniper harness
Head/body was a German WWI figure (can't recall the name but if you're really interested I can try to find it)
Boots were basic, wrapped in thin cut linen to make the "Spatz"..
Rifle is an M-4, wrapped & glued in the same thin cut linen
Gun & Holster is some random 3rd party, found in the parts bin, superglued onto the harness
Machete is a saber of some sort, 3rd party, could do with a better replacement, like Stalker's Ghurka knife or something.

And I gotta swap out that hat someday.

Where did you get the custom patch?

Where did you get the custom patch?

There's a guy on eBay who deals exclusively in custom made patches for 1:6 scale figures. He has all sorts of Vietnam era patches, which is what one this one is.

Re: Facebook announcement G.I. JOE

Anybody have a problem with the hooded head becoming sticky? I displayed mine with the helmet right away and didn't really touch the hooded head until recently. It almost feels like either the plastic is deteriorating or there's some mold release that didn't get cleaned off. Any thoughts?

Classic all the way! Awesome CC up there. Really love your work buddy. Love the gun storage on his back. Great job!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Had Sideshows release had these classic lines and elements I would've preordered on day one.

Back