SSC Helmeted Cobra Commander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great Sardo. You collect Joes too or you a Cobra fan?
Basically, I collect the better/more complex versions of stuff I had as a kid. Generally with toys, my brother had the good guys, and I had the bad guys.
But in the case of the SS GI Joe line, I collect both.

I've mentioned on other threads, that I don't have the skill, tools, or creativity/imagination to customize like some folks do on this site, so my collection (for the most part) is as it comes. That said, I'm actually very happy with the SS line. The quality is pretty high, and people who visit my mancave, and don't know any better, think that they are statues...

I'm hoping Destro (like so many other SS products) looks better in-hand. I have pre-ordered him anyway.

Basically, I collect the better/more complex versions of stuff I had as a kid. Generally with toys, my brother had the good guys, and I had the bad guys.
But in the case of the SS GI Joe line, I collect both.

I've mentioned on other threads, that I don't have the skill, tools, or creativity/imagination to customize like some folks do on this site, so my collection (for the most part) is as it comes. That said, I'm actually very happy with the SS line. The quality is pretty high, and people who visit my mancave, and don't know any better, think that they are statues...

I'm hoping Destro (like so many other SS products) looks better in-hand. I have pre-ordered him anyway.

Nothing wrong with that man, I don't mod either unless its something premodded I get from a fellow boardie, and I'll tell you, you're in the right place if you want to deal with peeps that go the extra mile to make stuff look good.

Got mine in last night...love this version. The eyes in the hooded sculpt creep me out. Can't wait for Baroness next month!!!

93E6C59F-37A4-4BB4-90BE-D4EE3F5FA754.jpg

3E111897-2D22-4A0C-8650-69F7A31DAFD2_1.jpg

Nothing wrong with that man, I don't mod either unless its something premodded I get from a fellow boardie, and I'll tell you, you're in the right place if you want to deal with peeps that go the extra mile to make stuff look good.

You're not kidding... some of the mods/creations people have done on this site are unbelievably good!! So good, that their customs actually stand out a little too much. For example, like others, I have a display with the SS Bonds. I ended up getting the DID Jack to use as a makeshift Daniel Craig, and it looks ok. But some people have such a good Daniel Craig, that he looks too good for the rest of the group. The one thing about my lack of custom ability that I am actually happy about, is that my displays have a nice consistency. On any shelf, there isn't one particular piece that looks out of place...

On the other hand, I had purchased a great custom Daniel Craig headsculpt to use, but I'm still having an awful time getting it to fit on other bodies. I'm sure it's a simple thing for some people, but for me, it's been hugely frustrating...

Naw, I'm Hawaii. The discount covers shipping and saves me a little less than $3 off the retail price lol. I'm still torn.

Finally had time to do the switch out on the boots that others have done, and I really like the results.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392541675.445663.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1392541693.600384.jpg

Gave the v2 boots to my 'bashed Cobra Medic, which goes kinda nice with his black & grey color scheme, though his feet look pretty big now.....
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392541757.062944.jpg

Back