SSC Helmeted Cobra Commander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of you might remember that when I first got mine, I found out my eyes were misaligned. To get my replacement from Sideshow, they required me to destroy the defective head. I figured this would be a good opportunity to figure out how this new eye system works. I thought they might be separate, round eyes as that would explain how they got misaligned. Boy was I wrong! :lol

zs5g.jpg

2s29.jpg

39c7.jpg

As you can see, there really is no reason the eyes should have been messed up in the first place. They are just painted on like they've always had. Its just a separate layer this time. Weird screw up, huh?

wow.. that's weird.

now i've got this stuck in my head. here , sharing.

Love the googly eyes, just sorry you got that in the box.

I just got mine and aside from the flimsy ness of his leather straps (even after futzing) Im pretty impressed.

Love the lining in the jacket GREAT TOUCH SIDESHOW and I love that the sceptre has some very cool design elements, avoiding being something very generic.

Im gonna see if i can find a pattern online or something to make a type of wetsuit hood to help conceal his neck cos its too obvious :( if i do make something ill post it here :D

Some of you might remember that when I first got mine, I found out my eyes were misaligned. To get my replacement from Sideshow, they required me to destroy the defective head. I figured this would be a good opportunity to figure out how this new eye system works. I thought they might be separate, round eyes as that would explain how they got misaligned. Boy was I wrong! :lol

As you can see, there really is no reason the eyes should have been messed up in the first place. They are just painted on like they've always had. Its just a separate layer this time. Weird screw up, huh?

Wow thanks for posting that! It doesn't make any sense why the eyes would be painted so screwy if they make the heads like that. The only way I could see this happening is if the stencil they use is for only painting one eye at a time. I hope Sideshow learns from this so it doesn't happen again.

Apparently, there was a mix up in communication and someone was told that Cobra Commanders true identity was Marty Feldman. :lol

In application, its probably about the same as what color his socks are, but since thats his "field" dress, the boots would make more sense.

Back